American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: R&R
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:04 pm 

To my opponents and the officers of the AoS

I will be out of town this weekend, off to Gettysburg for Fall Muster with the Friends of the National Park at Gettysburg. Saturday I will be walking in the footsteps of Gen Rodes first day attack in the morning and in the afternoon I will be tracing Gen Caldwell's movements on the second day. If anyone else will be there this weekend you can leave a message for me at the Travelodge on Baltimore Street. Will be checking in Friday afternoon and heading home Sunday morning.

Will not have access to a pc from Friday morning till Sunday night so I won't be doing any turns this weekend. Probably won't check my emails until after work Monday. If anything comes up for the AoS that can't wait till then contact your Corps Commander.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:15 am 

Have a great trip!

Jealous I'm not there, to be sure!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:30 am 

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Major General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:51 pm 
Just now reading this, just before 4am Sunday. I live about 55 miles from Gettysburg. I worked Saturday so couldn't have joined you except maybe late afternoon/evening. Hope you had a good trip sir!

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:42 am 

Had excellent weather Saturday for the battlefield tours and have a much better understanding of the movements of Caldwell and Rodes divisions after having walked the ground they fought over. Unfortunately I was unable to hook up with Col Quick and his son as I didn't see his message until today. Next year I'll have to make my post earlier to give people more time to respond.

The park supervisor adressed the Friends during our lunch break and brought us up to date on some of the goings on. Construction of the new Visitor's Center and Cyclorama is progressing well and they are expected to open in 2008. The park continues it's effort to restore more of the battlefield to it's 1863 appearance. In some places more trees are being cut down while in other places missing orchards and woodlots have been replanted. For those of you who haven't been there lately you can almost see Houck's Ridge from the position of Branch's Battery, understand that by next year the remaining trees blocking that view will be removed and you will be able to see the guns of the 4th NY artillery from there. Also I saw a lot of carriages without guns as they are having a lot of them repaired and refurbished.

Got back yesterday evening after taking the scenic route home to let the wife check out the fall foliage. Upon our return I discovered my Vicksburg game had arrived, now I have to find the time to get it installed. I also hope to check out the OOB's when I get the time so I can put together a units.bmp for it. Will let you know when I get that done but it may be a while as this is my busy time at work.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah