American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:09 pm 

Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to present to you Lt. Thomas Ciampa, newly graduated from West Point.

The first round is on me. A toast: To Lt. Tom Ciampa: Welcome to our fellowship of history and gaming. Enjoy the games, but may you enjoy the comradeship even more. To the victories yet to be won and defeats yet to be learned from; Gentlemen, I say ye, Lt. Tom Ciampa!

BG Randy Hartwig
1/IX/AoO, USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:26 pm 

Thank you Sir! You are too kind. I am honored. <Salute> To you all. The drinks are all on me...once they issue me my pay record![:)]

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:12 pm 
Welcome back suh! <Salute> [:)]

Good to see you back in the club mate, I hope you enjoy it but just watch yourself with some of these Buskwackers.[:)]

<font face="Georgia"><b><center>Brigadier General
Glyn Hargreaves
3rd Cavalry
Division, III Corps.
AoA</center></b></font id="Georgia">

<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:07 am 

Welcome back Tom. You were a Lt Col with 86.36 obd points when you retired from the AoC (and retired in good standing with the club). Perhaps the powers that be can reinstate you at that rank, and even send you back to the AoC?

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acw/acw.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/XXAoC.htm"]XO, Army of the Cumberland[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:47 am 

Lt. Ciampa, you will be assigned to the AoC as soon as I get back from the mountains. I attempted to send an email from my laptop but I'm getting some kind of ssl error message. At any rate, welcome back and enjoy the gaming.[:)] Oh and don't worry about LTC Quick, he's one of those rebs whose had a few too many concussions from hand to hand combat with Lulu.[:D]

Lieutenant General Don Golen

Western Theater Commander, Union!
Assistant Commandant Union War College

http://www.acwgc.org/USA_WTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:22 am 

Hey There My Young Yankee Kid or OLD Pro it doesn't matter;

I too, want to Welcome you to the Club. As Good Southern Gentleman it would not be correct for me to not to offer invite you down South for some entertain:

It is call the Blue Belly Stomp...we will give you all the South Carolina Shine that you can drink (for you that would be a half of a sip). Then we will beat your butt in fighting.

So WELCOME to the GAMING CLUB and when you get ready for the BLUE BELLY STOMP, let me know. I will take you on...

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
Brig. General
Pee Dee Division
/2/II - ANV - CSA
VMI Adjutant / Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:57 am 

Welcome Tom[:)]

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll
1st Brigade/1st Division/VCorps/AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:10 am 

Thank you General. I may well take an old vet like you up on your offer after I get a few of your youngin's under my belt. And as an old Italian Yankee brought up on my grand-daddy's "grappo," it will take more than a little sip to put me away [:)] Our version was distilled from the leftover skins,stems and seeds of the grapes and smells like gasoline unlike that fine and smooth white lightning you fellows make from corn and high-grade kerosene.

I do appreciate the very cordial and considerate way that you Southern boys invite someone to an a**-kicking! Thanks and a <Salute> to you sir.

[quote]<i>Originally posted by WTisdale</i>
<br />Hey There My Young Yankee Kid or OLD Pro it doesn't matter;

I too, want to Welcome you to the Club. As Good Southern Gentleman it would not be correct for me to not to offer invite you down South for some entertain:

It is call the Blue Belly Stomp...we will give you all the South Carolina Shine

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:14 am 

Thank you sir. That would be very agreeable indeed but please do not breach any protocol on my account. Whatever the book and fate ordains is fine with me. I would be proud to be in the AoC again. And again, my gratitude for your very nice reception back.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Antony Barlow</i>
<br />Welcome back Tom. You were a Lt Col with 86.36 obd points when you retired from the AoC (and retired in good standing with the club). Perhaps the powers that be can reinstate you at that rank, and even send you back to the AoC?

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acw/acw.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/XXAoC.htm"]XO, Army of the Cumberland[/url]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 am 

Ma Mate! Suh! <Salute> to you too for a warm and sincere welcome. We have spent much time on various HPS battlefields from Quebec to Vietnam. Now we will meet in Virginia. I don't ever recall you and I battling the ACW when I was in the club years ago so I know I can count on playing at least one Southern Boy and a General at that, who is NOT a bushwacker. Thanks so much old friend.[:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Glyn Hargreaves</i>
<br />Welcome back suh! <Salute> [:)]

Good to see you back in the club mate, I hope you enjoy it but just watch yourself with some of these Buskwackers.[:)]

<font face="Georgia"><b><center>Brigadier General
Glyn Hargreaves
3rd Cavalry
Division, III Corps.
AoA</center></b></font id="Georgia">

<center>Image</center>

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:21 am 

Thank <b>YOU</b> Sir!! <Salute>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phil Driscoll</i>
<br />Welcome Tom[:)]

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll
1st Brigade/1st Division/VCorps/AoP

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 am 

Why Thank you Sir! That is very good news. No hurry so get yerself acclaimated to the lowlands again. I understand that as long as I am in the database now as a non-cadet that I can accept games. And thanks again <Salute> Oh! I will make a note about LTC Quick and..is that Little Lulu? [:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HomerS</i>
<br />Lt. Ciampa, you will be assigned to the AoC as soon as I get back from the mountains. I attempted to send an email from my laptop but I'm getting some kind of ssl error message. At any rate, welcome back and enjoy the gaming.[:)] Oh and don't worry about LTC Quick, he's one of those rebs whose had a few too many concussions from hand to hand combat with Lulu.[:D]

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:32 am 

Greetings Mr. Notso. I like a man who tells it like it is...let's face it, I AM cannon fodder right now which is a tad higher to my mind than just fresh meat...Thank you for your loftly and poetic greeting...oh yeah that was actually General Hartwig's greeting, my esteemed mentor who learned me everything that I knowed now! But your ditto sounded sincere and I do appreciate it. We should have battle and you may well prove your belief about Yankees true...or not. But at least make it a fair fight and not too long. I am an old guy and hit the hay early [:D] A snappy Lt to LtC <Salute>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />Gen. Hartwig,

You have said it better than I have ever seen posted before. My compliments suh.

"Welcome to our fellowship of history and gaming. Enjoy the games, but may you enjoy the comradeship even more. To the victories yet to be won and defeats yet to be learned from."

Lt.Tom Ciampa: Welcome to this little world. May you find comradeship that you will keep with you for a lifetime? May you enjoy the games, the bantering, and the role-playing? May you find something that you find enjoyable?

Now good suh ... go out there and get your butt kicked as that is all the Yankees are good for. The term "cannon fodder" is a compliment. LOL

Lt. Col. Larry (Notso) Quick
"Moycullen's Marauders"
"The Calvert Line" Division
"Banshee" Corps
AoA

"Now fill your glasses up, my boys, a toast come drink with me,
May Erin's Harp and the Starry Flag united ever be!"

"Then fill your glasses up, my boys, and drink a hearty cheer,
To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer!"

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:54 am 

Well now. After I completed my previous post and reference to "Little Lulu" I realized that I might do some research, being new of course, because I may have defamed "Little Lulu" of the comic strips. So I did a search of this esteemed and techonological wonder of a discussion board and learned much...I NOW know that the Lulu of reference was Notso's Lulu, twin of Tutu, and together 900 pounds of fun for whomever desires a wrastling match. I also learned of Natasha, The Moose, and the need to very very careful to securely store any loose hair pieces thatI may have around the tent or pick up along the trail south! What wonderous things seem to lie in store for this new boot! [:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HomerS</i>
<br />Lt. Ciampa, you will be assigned to the AoC as soon as I get back from the mountains. I attempted to send an email from my laptop but I'm getting some kind of ssl error message. At any rate, welcome back and enjoy the gaming.[:)] Oh and don't worry about LTC Quick, he's one of those rebs whose had a few too many concussions from hand to hand combat with Lulu.[:D]

Lt.Tom Ciampa
Not yet assigned a unit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 am 

Welcome, now I say, now I say there, you better be nice to Quick and the Moose, they may bite, it's bath time for them...

...little to left General Mallory, we almost got dem buggers from out of the tree tops....

...takes a while to get 'em both into the scrub tub...General Hargreaves sets up a few horse artillery pieces to make sure they don't get away...and the folks givin' 'em the bath...

...pew..eee....that smells as ripe as whiskey and liverwurst out on a July Sunday in the Bayou...

...aw man that's it....General Cuneo...cut the darn tree down!! Those boys need a damn bath....

....owww General Hargreaves watch y'er damn horse...it just slapped me with its tail...

...no Quick...no...its not funny nor *******

Anywho Tom...welcome, right Theater, wrong side...and don't listen to Don Golen...he's just confused....but least he's not as bad as General Laub, he's just confused on life in general...[:P]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>