American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:22 am 

I think Pierre is on the right track! For quite awhile now Ive been thinking about an all nighter where a teams of rebs and yanks square off real time on line and battle the night away. (Rich H. could help with this one I am sure) A virtual feed from KC and Tiller Con II is a great idea as well. I look forward to the possibility of participating in a great event celebrating the Ten Year anniversary. I rememember well early conversations on the Talonsoft blog that led to the original gentlemen to found our great club.

BTW Pierre you were a great President and I look forward to seeing you an some future club events.

General Peterson
Eastern Theater Commanding and proud to be a founding member.

Gen Pete

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:17 pm 

Guys,

We don't have the financial resources nor the man power to bring off a live feed to TC II, sorry. The ticket prices are designed to simply cover the costs to put the event on, and will most likely fall short as it is, just like for TC I. And with me only being on site 1 day before the event there's just no way I could pull off something like that in addition to everything else.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:30 am 

With respect to the tourney, not the "live feed" option--If the tourney is put forth, why not make it a full tourney--Make it with fairly prompt time intervals for ending games, and an option not to participate if one can't make the deadlines--or just doesn't want to. Some games would likely be short--if people found they couldn't meet deadlines.
One interesting thought I have of this tourney is it could intermix the two armies--no sense Union fighting just for the Union, ect. It might let us know a few more people out there, and I suppose we could, begrudgingly call it West Point Graduations (rank 1st, 2nd....in class--don't forget US Grant didn't finish that well). Others who don't particapate could be assumed to have gone to other schools, or maybe just risen through the ranks.
MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:40 am 

In all respect to Tiller Con II and those assoicated....<font size="4"><font size="6">let's fight!!!!</font id="size6">!</font id="size4">

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:32 pm 

Gentlemen,

I appreciate the interest in a tournament, but I only heard from a couple of individuals interested in helping, and no one has stepped up to coordinate the whole shebang. I had thought I might try to do that myself, but I have not been able to make the time. Since there hadn't been any responses to this post since the end of January I was about to let that idea drop.

My only experience in coordinating a tournament involved about a dozen officers from the AotM I Corps several years ago ("The Grey Line Tournament"), and that didn't go past two rounds [V] . For a club-wide contest, I highly recommend only having one 'round', highest scorer from each side to win bragging rights (and free drinks here at the Tavern on my tab for a month?)

I still like the idea and would be willing to assist and/or participate, but first we would need someone with the time to oversee the project.

Any takers?

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:57 am 

We can't leave 10 years go by without saying nothing....How about a thread addressing what the club really means to each of us and another thread where we can proudly talk about our greatest victories....?

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 am 

General Mallory,

I received a suggestion from General Nick Kunz, asking if the 2nd HACW tournament could be started earlier to celebrate the ACWGC 10th Anniversary.

If no other tournament is underway to celebrate this great event, it could be done. The addition of the new scenarios from Campaign Atlanta is almost completed, everything should be ready for May.

Can someone tell me the exact date of the Anniversary ?

Thank you.

Col. Harold Lajoie 2/I/AoM, CSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:41 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harold Lajoie</i>
<br />General Mallory,

Can someone tell me the exact date of the Anniversary ?

Thank you.

Col. Harold Lajoie 2/I/AoM, CSA.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Col. Lajoie,

According to the club main page, it was founded in "May, 1997". There are a very few still around from those days, but I expect that's the best we'll be able to do.

As for the 2nd HACW, I say 'Go for it'. At this point, you're one of our most experienced massive tournament organizers. If you're not ready to kick it off 5/1, or even 5/31, don't worry about it. Maybe you could at least officially announce it during May, in honor of the Ten Year Anniversary.

If I can do anything to assist, please let me know.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:33 pm 
.... creak, the Tavern door opens slowly. A older, but not wiser vetern of the wars hobbles in. A grizzled old man takes off his battered hat and calls -- Hey Gents, is this place still open and serving that vile swill called whiskey!

I just happened to wander in here - and somehow remembered my password -- and saw the current topic. I dug up the following old chestnut published sometime during the five years I was Union CoA (before joining up as a shavetail (old tail) and then finishing up my doctorate and setting down to write and teach emergency management). I don't know how many of the nine Union men remain - but, I did see that Gen. Peterson is still in command of Army of the Potomac <g>.

A round on me . . .

Three cheers for the Union Army, Old Abe and the Third Corps!

General (ret). Michael O'Connor
Former CoA Union Army

ACW Game Club

Bugle’s Call (AoJ Newsletter), January/February 2002

My Background, And Some Union Army History by General Mike O’Connor
I have been playing Napoleonic and Civil War games (mostly Avalon Hill of course) since College (about 20 years ago). I gave that all up after I played my first PBEM Talonsoft game -- about 5 years ago. I joined this Club about a month after the first Union members signed up in July 1997 (records are a bit spotty, but I was probably number 11, if not I was certainly in the first 20 to “put on the blueâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 pm 

Gentlemen:

Our club of strategy is with all certainty the most ancient in Internet. A great event that should appear in the press, radio and television. Also the Congress Library should speak about us. I think that the club´s members who live in America should give to our anniversary the maximum possible noise.
A Tournament in september is another good idea.

Regards:

Lt. General A. de Meré
1st Corps A.N.V.
C.S.A.

A. de Meré