American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:35 am 
I for one would be a willing participant in helping to design new scenarios. I am working away with the help of some members of the club who have provided a lot of information and guide to the scenario design process. I would be most interested in working together in some sort of formal design group as three or four heads are often better than one.

I really want to produce balanced battlefields for tounament play.
As a wargamer with miniatures I often find myself setting up these sort of battlefields. They often have mirrored road systems, and a agreed number of balanced terrain pieces that are placed with a degree of randomness in each others half of the board.

While there are many out there who are trying to re-create the historical maps and forces, a lot of these battles are not balanced. I feel that we could build balanced non-historical maps for Tounaments.

My idea is to try to revive the interest in Tournament play at all levels. With new maps being built and a "blind" setup.

I would be grateful on your opions gentlemen.

<center>Colonel Edward Stewart
[url="http://www1.webng.com/Bonemash/EdStewart.html"]Image[/url]

2nd Brig, 3rd Div,
III Corps, ANV
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:43 am 

Larry,

Several people have contacted me about Robert Frost's Corinth Mod for Stone's River. It appears to me that part of the ACWCO site has been highjacked. When I click on the links for the files the address in my window says

http://www.acwgc.com/topo/files/topo/mu ... BOthers(NF).zip

but instead of downloading the file I have a page with the heading Find It.

The link to my HPS Corinth site still has the old attbi address, my new address is

http://home.comcast.net/~krmiller_cor/

When I get some time I'll post the files I have for Robert's and my BG ports to Corinth at my site. Right now I'm working on my Atlanta units.bmp file so that will have to wait a bit.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:13 am 

Larry,

So far all links to HPS mods on the ACWCO site appear to be broken. I don't know what site they were actually stored on for down loading but appears the site no longer exists.

LG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

[Looks like they were moved to Brett Schulte's site so the links aren't any good. Following link seems to get to all of them but I haven't checked to verify all are there:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWCGDC/index.html ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:23 pm 

Larry,

Sent you the files for Robert's Stone's River Mod for Corinth along with my own ports of the other SR scenarios from BGC. I'm not sure which 2D files were originally posted with this so I didn't send any.

I just found the BGC Norris Frost files for SR and will send them along too in case anyone is interested in them.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:30 pm 

I have a number of mods (including Stones River and a Tom Hicks Chickamauga conversion) stored on my hard drive. Included are some Chancellorsville and Fredericksburg (Pete Seibel) scenarios as well as 2BR and 1BR. I had started to create a Perryville conversion a few years ago, but never really got very far.

Fortunately, I saved all onto CD, since I have had a couple of drive crashes and power supply failures after. Larry, if there are specific battles which you seek, please let me know and I will see if I have them.

BG Robert Frost
Army of Cumberland