ACWGC Forums
http://www.wargame.ch/board/acwgc/

Campaign Atlanta feedback
http://www.wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10695
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Rich Walker [ Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:06 am ]
Post subject:  Campaign Atlanta feedback

Sirs,

I just wanted to learn what was good or what needed help. So use this thread for your feedback regarding <b><i>Campaign Atlanta</i></b>.

Thanks

Major Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Author:  Gary McClellan [ Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just got the game installed, so it's hard for me to say much.

That said, I was a bit surprised to see Black Jack Logan rated C C at Atlanta. Considering the way his role in that battle went, I'd have figured he would have been B or even A for Leadership

Major General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Author:  Boyd [ Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've had time to look at all the maps Rich and they look great!

Thx

Col. Boyd Denner
"Alabama Brigade"
1/3/III
ANV
"God Bless the Alabamians" Gen. Robert E. Lee - The Wilderness 1864

Author:  Atle Jenssen [ Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:14 am ]
Post subject: 

I just received the game today, and have only had time for a quick look around. It looks great, and I must say that this is really one of the campaigns I have been looking forward to [:)]

One thing though, wasn't the Pickett's Mill battlefield much more wooded? All the accounts of the battle I have read tells about forests with dense undergrowth, etc. A "hell hole", as the participants (at least the Federals) later called the battle... Just wondered... To illustrate what I am talking about, look at the map on p. 2 of the April 1989 issue of Blue & Gray Magazine.

MajGen Atle Jenssen
CO 2nd Division
XXth Corps
Army of the Cumberland
USA

Author:  Rich Walker [ Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Guys,

Just to let you know that I'm taking notes.



Major Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Author:  Dwight McBride [ Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:38 am ]
Post subject: 

Does the disk contain a monster scenario to go with the monster map? You know, like the Peninsula disk had the complete 400-turn mega scenario on that monster map? It'd be a shame to have a hundred-mile map without a scenario worthy of its size!!


Sincerely,
Brig Gen Dwight McBride
1st Brigade ("The Regulars")
2nd Division/V Corps/AOP/USA

Author:  Rich Walker [ Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 am ]
Post subject: 

There are a few scns like #61 that use the full map and are over 100 turns, but a full campaign using the whole map from May to September would be over 4800 turns. I would be dead before I could finish. Generally, I try to keep scns under 100. Few people play more than 40-50.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DwightMcBride</i>
<br />
Does the disk contain a monster scenario to go with the monster map? You know, like the Peninsula disk had the complete 400-turn mega scenario on that monster map? It'd be a shame to have a hundred-mile map without a scenario worthy of its size!!


Sincerely,
Brig Gen Dwight McBride
1st Brigade ("The Regulars")
2nd Division/V Corps/AOP/USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Author:  ALynn [ Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:16 am ]
Post subject: 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Walker</i>
<br />There are a few scns like #61 that use the full map and are over 100 turns, but a full campaign using the whole map from May to September would be over 4800 turns. I would be dead before I could finish. Generally, I try to keep scns under 100. Few people play more than 40-50.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DwightMcBride</i>
<br />
Does the disk contain a monster scenario to go with the monster map? You know, like the Peninsula disk had the complete 400-turn mega scenario on that monster map? It'd be a shame to have a hundred-mile map without a scenario worthy of its size!!


Sincerely,
Brig Gen Dwight McBride
1st Brigade ("The Regulars")
2nd Division/V Corps/AOP/USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I assume, however, that one could use the scenario editor to take both armies, stick them on the map, change the number of turns, and viola! - massive campaign on the big map...

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA
VMI Training Staff

God Bless <><

Author:  Russ Jenkins [ Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Rich

Another great Campaign...[:D]

Maybe a bug?
I have noticed that in the units box at the bottom of the screen.
When I click on a unit within the map the terrain box goes to the right instead of staying all the way to the left.

Thanks for all your work.


Colonel Russ Jenkins
Corcoran's Legion
2/2/VIII AoS

Author:  Den McBride [ Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rich, does it have the Vista fix? I'm having trouble trying to look at a campaign start up, similar to what you fellows fixed with the other titles.

Gen. Den McBride
Congaree Swamp Rifles
"Fightin' for The Cause since '97"
III Corps, ANV
C.S.A.
swampfox_csa(at)yahoo.ca
ImageImageImage

Author:  Rich Walker [ Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

The Vista fix wasn't available when Atlanta mastered, but expect it in a few days. I hope no later than Friday. I asked John to wait a few days to see if any other major issues came up. You guys can sometimes catch things that are missed is playtesting. Aside from a few comments, nothing major yet.

Russ, that's the way all HPS ACW games do the Info box bar.

Alan, I look forward to seeing people use the editor to make their own scns, including monsters! Have fun.

I'll try to remember to bump Logan to a "B"


Rich



<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Den McBride</i>
<br />Rich, does it have the Vista fix? I'm having trouble trying to look at a campaign start up, similar to what you fellows fixed with the other titles.

Gen. Den McBride
Congaree Swamp Rifles
"Fightin' for The Cause since '97"
III Corps, ANV
C.S.A.
swampfox_csa(at)yahoo.ca
ImageImageImage
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Author:  Russ Jenkins [ Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:59 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks Rich, No wonder I get but butt kicked in the games[B)] I must be sleeping.

Colonel Russ Jenkins
Corcoran's Legion
2/2/VIII AoS

Author:  Dale H [ Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:55 am ]
Post subject: 

Rich,

Having artillery leaders is a wonderful addition. Just finished <i>Champion Hill</i> by Timothy B. Smith & he integrates the artillery leaders into the action in a very organic way & then I started Atlanta & found them there too. What a treat! Makes all sorts of sense. Good work all around! My goodness there's a lot of gaming wrapped up in this one.

Dale
Brig. Gen. Dale Henken
First Divsion
XVI Corps
Army Of The Tennessee

Author:  krmiller_usa [ Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Rich,

Finished my check of the Atlanta OOB's and only found one problem with the unit pictures. In the three Campaign Atlanta and two Jonesboro OOB's the AotT/XVII Corps/4th Div/G, 11th Illinois Cav is assigned picture 0 which is also used for confederate infantry.

Just installed the Atlanta patch and I see the G, 11th Illinois Cav has been fixed and now shows a cavalry picture/

Gen. Ken Miller

Image

Army of the Shenandoah

Author:  Rich Walker [ Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:26 am ]
Post subject: 

I said "few" people, not necessarily club members.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Walker</i>
<br />Few people play more than 40-50.


<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[;)][;)] Yeah sure Rich! ... HEHE!!!

You are looking at a guy that has played over 100 turns in ACW scenarios on many an occaision. For instance: the old BGG title 3 day battle ... were you forgetting that many of us in the club have played that one? Its 149 turns AND the longer version was 200 turns or thereabouts.

Er, and then there is the one map Eckmuhl scenario - 532 turns. Have played 300 turns in that one. And Jena - I am up to 234 turns in that one of 500+ turns.

Col. Bill Peters, The Boise Rifles, II Corps Artillery, AoA
[/quote]

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/