American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">To my Rebel brothers: Please do not shoot me based on mistaken identity. My guns will always point towards the north.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Except when you're high-tailing it to the rear, which will be frequent![:D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:15 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by laubster22</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My guns will always point towards the north.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Except when you're high-tailing it to the rear, which will be frequent![:D] <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sir, I think we may take Lt Col Quick at his word. His gun will be pointed north ... he just won't be anywhere near it [;)]

Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:17 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br /> Cherry: Yeah … you know who you are. Don’t go running and hiding like you normally do. I have one just for you too. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Same old Nutso; big talk in the bar, but when you get him home it's "Gee, the powder must have gotten wet." [:D]

Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:37 am 

Lite Col,

General Kaulbars and I are just keeping the post going to make sure we eeek out your 15 seconds of fame.

Wouldn't want you to feel short changed on behalf of the Union Army.[;)]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:29 am 

Congratualtions NOTSO, please don't let General Moose eat the award..

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
II/VI/AoS
"Forward Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:54 pm 

General Kaulbars Suh,
You forgot one, "not tonight honey, I've got a headache." [:D]. Or "do you want some chesse to with that wine". Don't worry Col. Quick just funnin' you ole bubblehead.

Respectfully,
Brig. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3rd Division, II Corp, Tarheel Division AotM

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:35 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by laubster22</i>
<br /> General Kaulbars and I are just keeping the post going to make sure we eeek out your 15 seconds of fame. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well Sir, you know how it is with the Rebs when they can't shoot, it's either "too much saltpetre" or "not enough" ... [;)]

Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:44 pm 

You Yankees need to go to school for spelling it's "saltpeter not saltpetre [:D]" and I shoot just fine with five youngin's and Irish Catholic wife [:D]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greenFyre</i>
Well Sir, you know how it is with the Rebs when they can't shoot, it's either "too much saltpetre" or "not enough" ... [;)]

Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Respectfully,
Brig. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3rd Division, II Corp, Tarheel Division AotM

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:36 am 

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:41 pm 

It doesn't surprise me at all Notso! Congratulations and a sincere salute to you Sir! I haven't yet earned the priviledge of the "familiarity" taken by all the others, but I do know a hard and selfless worker when I see one. Thanks for all your work for the club, not to mention your incredible sense of humor, and thanks also for the largess which I have personally received from you in the form of your websites, computer advice, and your very sincere greeting when I joined. I will never forget your very touching concern and prayers for my daughter. Yankee, Reb, crazy or whatever...you are topshelf Larry and it will be a priviledge to meet you...God willing and the creek don't rise...at Antietam this August. At the risk of giving you too big a head [:)]...with or without a medal Larry, you had already ranked right up there in my mind with other generous pillars of this club who have always graciously assisted me...Antony, Dave Danner, Rich Hamilton, Rich Walker, Ernie "Da Man" Sands, all those from the Quartermasters Depot discussion group too numberous to name, and General Moose hisself! You are all in good company. <font color="red">THANK YOU NOTSO </font id="red">and wear that medal proudly. <font color="red"><SALUTE!></font id="red">

Colonel Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, Cor, GB, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:03 am 

Awesome!!!!

I found out from Notso himself of this great honor. We met in DC at the Irish Channel Pub for lunch today.

I am proud to be a member of this club and Notso deserves it.

<salute>

<font color="gold"><b>Brig. Gen. </b></font id="gold">Paul Wakeman, <font color="limegreen">Sharpshooter</font id="limegreen">
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/paw/Wakeman.html"]OBD[/url]
Kansas Dragoons
<font color="beige">2nd Cavalry Division </font id="beige">
<b>XIX Corps, AoS,<font color="gold"> USA</font id="gold"></b>

Cartographer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:42 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />You Yankees need to go to school for spelling it's "saltpeter not saltpetre [:D]"<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/saltpetre

I realize that there is some revisionist move to mangle the language even more than a Louisiana swamp trotter already does, but the language of my pater is the language I shall speak. You will see a horseless carriage before you see this spelling abomination become accepted.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">... and Irish Catholic wife <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hmmm, not a bad idea for reconstruction. I can see where battalions of Irish lasses may succeed better than some other suggestions that have been made. I shall discuss it with the President when I join him after the theatre this coming week.

Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:46 am 

Lt Colonel Quick,

We will happily take the medal back, and understand the difficulties around conflicts of interest it may have caused within your Rebel camps. A bigger man would have been able to scoff at such notion and wear the Medal with pride, or thump anyone who dared to say differently. One would have thought with General Moose and the threat of Miss Lulu, that would have indeed been possible.[}:)][:p][;)] Alas, apparently not.

The Medal, as awarded, will remain on display at the Union Headquarters complete with a plaque to describe it's occaision for awarding to a CSA officer, as a reminder that when the boys in Blue have won this war, that there are indeed a small handful of decent folks wearing the Grey.

What we won't take back is our gratitude for your efforts. That remains.

Regards,

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 am 

I couldn't agree more. Well done and thanks. Moose steaks for all on the house.

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
II/VI/AoS
"Forward Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:33 pm 

So some folks think that for Notso to accept this award would somehow be blasphemous...WAKE UP! Is it so wrong for an individual to be recognized for all the hard work he does behind the scenes of this club? This club is make-believe folks...if you still think there is a war to be fought between North and South, this ain't the place! The only way we have here to recognize folks who make this a better and more enjoyable place to hang out is to give them fake (yes folks, they aren't real) awards/medals and dish out OBD points, which cannot be redeemed at any local store nor be combined with any other special offer for free tools or cash rebates at Home Depot.

If this club was real life we'd all be dead a million times over on the battlefield. We are a club...a collection of folks who enjoy the common interests of history and gaming. We're not here reliving history, just trying to see if we "could" have done better. Chances are we would have failed, because we have all studied the battles to death and, through our games, get some sneak previews at stuff our historical counterparts never could have.

Folks, if the idea of Notso getting a Union medal and some points really offends you, you need some meds.

General Jeff Bangma
Commander, Army of the Potomac