American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 pm 

A Ceremony was held today on the grounds of West Point to honor the service of the Army of the James and all her officers and men. The Corps of Cadets turned out in their finest, providing drill and marching exhibitions for the gathered crowd of dignitaries, politicians, and Union Army officers. Guest speakers lined up to regale the many battlefield victories of this storied Army - victories at Cold Harbor, Petersburg, Richmond, and finally at Appomattox.

In honor of the men who have served so faithfully under the Army of the James banner, the Chief of the Armies dedicated the Army of the James Service Medal, and authorized any member, past or present, to wear it with pride.

While the occaision was somber, the men knew that this was an important step forward in bringing this war to a successful conclusion.

For the Army of the James:

<font color="blue"><font size="6">HUZZAH
HUZZAH
HUZZAH</font id="size6"></font id="blue">

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:56 pm 

I owe special thanks to a few key individuals, and probably several more that deserve my gratitude as well.

General Ken Miller - General Miller led most of the details in assigning the AoJ commands between the AoS and the AoP. It was his planning that made this go as smoothly and efficiently as it has. He also modified/designed the Army of the James Medal and Ribbon.

General John Corbin - General Corbin took the tough task of communicating the change to his Army, and worked to get folks settled into new command positions and homes. He, too deserves credit for how smooth this has gone, as he has been the one touching each member as they went through the reassignment. The AoJ Service medal idea was all John's, he even found the template and history behind it as the Butler Medal - a fitting tribute.

General Jeff Bangma - General Bangma reorganized his entire Army around incorporating the AoJ Divisions, and welcomed a new Corps commander in the process.

The Officers of the AoJ - You have all stepped up to make this happen smoothly and efficiently. I hope your continued fun, success, and camaraderie in the Club is enhanced by this change. If you ever need anything, drop me an email!

My deepest and humblest thanks to you all for your efforts!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:30 pm 
Gentlemen of the Army of the James,

No Corps of Officers have served the Union cause with any greater fortitude and honor. You can hold you head high when you proudly announce fo your children, " Yes son, I did serve the cause under the glorious banner of the Army of the James".

My men and I would be honored to have any of you fighting at our side.

The Rugged Western Warriors salute and honor the casing of the colors.

Your Humble Servant,

Gen. Mark E. Wolken
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding
"The Army will forage liberally during the march." W.T Sherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:43 pm 

The medal is a nice touch, a fitting tribute, and can be worn with pride by the men of the Army of the James.[^]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acw/acw.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/XXAoC.htm"]XO, Army of the Cumberland[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:33 am 

Officers of both sides

It has been an honour and privilege to command the Army of the James. It's officers are the best anyone could hope to command in any army.

Rest assured that their names will still figure prominently in the Union's attempt to put down the rebellion.

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commanding officer
Army of The James
USA</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:11 pm 

Gentlemen,

Have added the AotJ Medal to the Union Awards site, you can find it at http://home.comcast.net/~AoS_USA/ACWGC_USA_Awards.htm former AoJ officers can feel free to copy it to add to their personal webpages. There is also a link to it at the AoS site.

You'll also find a new Campaign Atlanta Medal along with a few new Battle Ribbons for the latest HPS game at the awards site. I'm currently checking out the oob's for a color units.bmp for the new game and should have one available by the end of the month.

Although I normally only update the AoS website once a month I have added the AoJ Medal to all the former AotJ members who recently joined the AoS and updated the site with the changes.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah