American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 am 

Hello Rich. Glad to have that clarified. I just had my first exciting experience with capturing guns and successfully turning them on the other side. Kinda disappointing to learn that I don't get to keep them in the next battle, more from the "propaganda" or "morale" factor than a need for a couple extra tubes...I do have to say though that they were pretty effective. It does make sense to me, though, from your reason of not being able to be "place them" as well as what seem to be a tricky discussion of how to rationally and historically solve the problem of ammo and support. Just as an aside I read somewhere recently that the South had many captured Union guns in their arsensal so they obviously worked out those logistics.

Thanks...helpful.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Walker</i>
<br />Captured arty is not retained by the capturing side in a campaign. They are considered eliminated, but they will return with a value of 1 for the original owners. I know this isn't a perfect solution, but you can't add captured units because they can't be placed. On the other hand, since they are placed for the original owners, they will appear with a minimal value. This concept is the same as with eliminated infantry. Remember, eliminated infantry will return with a 10% value.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boyd</i>
<br />I think I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway. With artillery now able to be captured are captured artillery units carried over to the next battle in campaigns?

BG Boyd Denner
"Alabama Brigade"
1/3/III
ANV
"God Bless the Alabamians" Gen. Robert E. Lee - The Wilderness 1864
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">