American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:18 am 

Confederate Officers,

Since this is the first time in recent history we have had two candidates for the same office, the elections committee has decided on the following procedures for voting, which will commence on Sunday, June 24 and run through Saturday, June 30. (Please do NOT send in ballots until Sunday. These procedures are being published in advance so everyone will have an opportunity to see and review them before the polls open.)

<b> Club rules (3.3.4.1.3) state "In the election of the Cabinet Secretaries, all regular officers will have a vote and they may only vote for the Cabinet Secretary representing their respective military group." Also (3.3.4.1.6), "Votes are to be submitted to the entire Election Committee for counting."

With these in mind, therefore, any CSA officer wishing to cast his vote should do so in the following manner:

1) The two candidates (in the order nominated) are:
Jon Cuneo
Larry Quick

2) Send an email specifying your choice (please show "CSA Cabinet Secretary Ballot" in the Subject line) to all three of the following (edited to thwart bots):
David Mallory: dwmallo01-at-yahoo-dot-com
Nick Kunz: nick-dot-kunz-at-verizon-dot-net
Jeff Laub: jdlaub-at-msn-dot-com

3) The email must be sent from your official club email address, as listed in the Department of Records. This will be validated. IF THIS IS NO LONGER YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS, NOW IS THE TIME TO UPDATE YOUR RECORDS! </b>

If you have any questions concerning the voting process, please let us know.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:10 pm 

Confederate Officers:

Please be aware of club rule 2.6, regarding the differences between 'regular', who are eligible to vote, and others. Cadets are not eligible to vote, nor are those who have been declared MIA, assigned to a hospital, are on authorized Leaves of Absence, or who have resigned. Before casting a ballot in the election, you may want to check your club status at the DoR. If you are currently assigned to a hospital or are on a Leave of Absence you will need to contact your immediate superior officer and/or your army commander for reinstatement before your vote will be counted.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:33 pm 

Gentlemen,

The Election Committee has set a voting cutoff time of 12:00 Midnight EDT on Saturday, June 30th. (One note for folks not in the Eastern Time Zone, it coincides with the time stamp on the Mason-Dixon Tavern posts if you need a point of reference for when that time is.) All votes need to be in to the Election Committee at that time. The Election Committee will then have up to 5 days to certify the results and post them. This time is needed to ensure we have an accurate count amongst the three Committee members who are counting ballots independently, and to resolve any issues with member ballots cast at the last minute.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:13 pm 

Gentlemen,

One more item of clarification (maybe we'll get this all in writing so the next election will go more smoothly): When submitting your vote, please include all three members of the Election Committee <i>on the same email note</i>. Otherwise, we have to spend time checking with each other to make sure it was sent to everyone and that the same vote was sent to each of us.

Believe me, we are all earning our pay during this election. (No drinks for me now, I'm on duty. Once the results are published, though, I'm sure all three of us will gladly accept any and all drinks you want to provide [:)]!)

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 pm 

Gentlemen,

One more item: The election committee has decided it would be prudent to notify each voter of the receipt and valid processing of his or her ballot.

Some have questioned whether or not their vote was counted for one reason or another. Others may have wondered whether or not their vote was lost in the mail.

All those who have voted so far have been sent a Verification of Ballot Receipt notice once their vote was successfully counted. If problems were encountered with their ballot, the voter has been notified of the specific problem and presented with instructions for correcting the problem. We will continue this process throughout the remainder of the voting process.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:29 pm 

Gentlemen,

Please refer to the Smoking Room, "CSA Election - Update" for an important announcement regarding the election.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory