American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:41 am 

It does, really, since General Nick Kunz, CSA and myself met up at Safeco Field last night for a ball game between the Seattle Mariners and the Minnesota Twins. First time meeting for each of us, and first chance I've had to know anyone in this Club face to face.

I had a blast - Nick and I had played a Talonsoft Shiloh battle a couple of years ago, and more recently we locked horns again at Atlanta - Rocky Face Ridge as I welcomed him to the CSA CoA job. Sort of a tradition DW and I started when we were each the newbie CoA folks. So we discussed both of those battles at length(RFR is ongoing, Shiloh Nick conceded to me - I played a dirty trick in the Shiloh battle by sneaking all of my cavalry along the trail at the edge of the river, popping up in Nick's rear areas!)[}:)]. We also talked about the Club in general, shared ideas, and just had a great time. Nick had met Bill Peters over the weekend, and I'm heading eastward to hopefully meet a couple of folks next month, so that got sounded out as well.

It truly was a fun evening. It was more about our shared hobby of this Club than it was about baseball - the game was playing out mostly in the background. Talking with Nick helped me remember and realize what it is I enjoy most about our group here - the people and having a shared interest in gaming and Civil War history.

I'm all the more looking forward to my trip to Virginia September 13-16, see my post on Peninsula battlefields, etc. Hoping anyone in the area that wants to get together drops me a line! I'm also looking forward to getting together with Nick again soon. Maybe a Silvertips hockey game up in his neck of the woods![:D]

Oh, the Mariners lost, 11-3. Yuk!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:22 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="green">Gentlemen of the Club! <salute>

Jeff, you put it nicely about our wonderful get-to-gether at the Mariners game. To have the chance to view a baseball game in one of the most beautiful ball parks in the country is truly a terrific experience, not to mention the weather was spectacular. Actually, Jeff is correct, it was almost like there wasn't a game going on at all as both Jeff and I were having a great time getting to know one another and sharing our experiences and ideas about this great ACWGC!

As with my previous get-to-gethers meetings (just had breakfast with Bill Peters on Sunday), there is just something special about meeting folks who share your passion for the American Civil War. We of course went beyond that and were sharing our joys and such of being members in this Club. We both agree that the best is yet to come for the ACWGC! You Yankees are in great hands of a very fine Gentlemen (oh that hurts to say). Jeff's passion and desire to see things continually improving are hard to find or beat. It was my privilege to spend the evening at the ballpark with you Jeff, looking forward to that Hockey game where we will bring the wives too!

<font color="beige">Jeff, I haven't talked to the Boss yet (wow, what a big mistake that is!) but the opening home game for the Tips is against Seattle on Saturday Night, September 29, what say you for availability?</font id="beige">

</font id="green"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="green"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Commanding,
II Corps, Army of Georgia
Confederate States of America</font id="green"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:37 am 

General Kunz, it will take a minor miracle to get my wife to attend a hockey game of all things, but I'll try![:D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/