American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Greet'ns Officers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:49 am 
Gentlemen,

I’ve done aheard of this mighty fine tavern, and I’m a right proud to have been a granted registration. Now I’m a sure y’all have noticed these here 2 bars on ma collar showins me to be a new Fld. Lt. in the great CSA Army. I’m sure you freedom luvin Rebs will join me in a drink and toast to a long life to our beloved Confederacy, Jefferson Davis, and General Lee. May God provide us health to defend her, or else we’ll all become slaves to Washington D.C. You Yanks in here can just remain asittin while we toast.

Now I’ll grant youins, I may not know much about fancy soldiering. But I recon since I growed up in them there Tennessee hills and mountains, n can track a little tinder footed deer through hollers and up hills, n kin shoot a squirrel or coon in a tree through their eye at a hunnerd paces, I kin find a whole army of booted blue-bellies and shoot a couple betwixt their pointy ears.

Now that I’ve done finished ma whiskey n paid my respects to ma country n fellow officers, I think I’ll mosey on down to the Opponent Finder board n scare up a Yank or two for target practice. If any you Yanks in here got a mind, some time fer fightns, and aren’t a to ascirt of fight’n, I’ll see youins down thar.

On ma way out, I’ll give a final tip of my hat to ma Commandant at VMI, Gen. Willie Tisdale, to ma Dean of Cadets, Lt. Colonel Kent Olsen, and to ma DI, Lt. General Paul Smith. I tell anybody, theys all gentlemen n right fine officers.

Fld. Lt. Vincent ‘Pup’ Barker
Not Assigned but headed to the Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:55 pm 

Well Lt. Barker Suh,

After reading your fine euogoly, it made me awlful thristy [:D]. So I'll buy the first round and good luck on your new assignment, and in kickin' some Yankee tail. SALUTE

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:08 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>FldLt. Barker,

Welcome Suh, I'm more than happy to share a drink or two and tip my hat to the men at VMI, a finer bunch as ever was.[^]

Now if'n you can fight anywhere near as swell as you talk, I'm bet'n your nick name will soon be <font color="orange">Big Dog</font id="orange"></b></font id="beige">[:p]

<center><font color="beige"><b>Maj.Gen. R.A.Weir
<font color="blue">AoA Chief of Staff</font id="blue"></b></font id="beige">
<font color="yellow">THE CALVERT LINE</font id="yellow">
<font color="beige"><b>4th ENGINEERS
2nd Division II Corps
<font size="5">AoA</font id="size5"></b></font id="beige"> </center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:33 am 
Welcome in the C.S. Army, Lt. Barker.

Lt.Col. Luciano Bassotti
"Lee's Foreign Legion"
3/1/II/ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:03 am 
Thank Youins,

That’s a might fine welcome. You Reb vets sure do knows hows to make a body feel at home. I thank ye, n ma momma dun a tolt me to give a thanks from her to anybody who’d a treat me kind in this a war. As fer Canady, Col. Quick, I don’t knows I’d everd heerd of a Reb from Canady. To tell ya the truth, I think it’d make me a right bit sad to heer tell of a Reb up north, kinder like seein's a litt’l bear cub a pawin the ground after ya dun hunted it’s ma. Make ya a bit lonesome hearted, it will.

Fld. Lt. Vincent 'Pup' Barker
Not Assigned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:48 am 

Lt. Barker Sir:
Have a round on me sir and welcome to the war...don't expect to kick too much Yankee backside....we do kick back....hope to see you on the field of battle soon....

Huzzah,
Lieutenant Colonel Jerry D. White, USA
5th Brigade 'old unmovable'
1st Division
II Corps
Army of the Potomac

The simplest explanation is the best. - Occam's Razor
-but-
Simplicity is not proof of truth.