American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:14 pm 

Yeah...the Golden Years...beginning to think it means paying more for everything....well the devil with this real life stuff...back to gaming. Sorry I brought this up...playing the games is how I try to escape some of life's many other frustrations. [8D] As to the Blue and Gray game - it still hasn't arrived from NWS. Could have walked it here from Maine by now. And from the sounds of what Joe Bukal is saying the game is going to tax this old gray haired brain of mine...but it is encouraging to hear him say it is a good gaming experience. Thanks.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />Hey Gen. Tom,

Don't feel too bad, my Navy pention only went up $40, but my Delta Dental insurance went up $7.00, but it's be going up every year and is now $70 dollars more then when I first got it. But is still cheaper then the one at work. Working for the State you'd think it would be cheaper.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you think THAT is bad, wait until you hit 65. Once you hit that mark, TRICARE ceases and you HAVE to use Medicare. Medicare COSTS ALMOST FOUR TIMES what TRICARE cost. AND you can no longer use any BASE Medical facility, except for prescriptions.

For those that do not know, TRICARE is a military HMO, which does cost us military retirees, which FORCES you to use a military medical facility if it is within 20 miles of your home.

So goes the erosion of military benefits.[}:)]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:37 am 

Im playing a PBEM as Union now and im seriusly pissed off McDowell's army two corps, despite ordered to move toghter, arrived picemeal and were kicked by Bureguard...

Col. Przemek Niedzielski
4th Brigade
3rd Division
2nd Corps
Army of the Missisipi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:29 am 

Hey Ernie,

What about the Tricare for life program, or was that just a bunch of smoke the Poltics was trying to blow up are back sides [:D]. Anyway when I reach 65 I can use my state employees health Insurance but that isn't anytime soon.........[:)]

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:57 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />Hey Ernie,

What about the Tricare for life program, or was that just a bunch of smoke the Poltics was trying to blow up are back sides [:D]. Anyway when I reach 65 I can use my state employees health Insurance but that isn't anytime soon.........[:)]

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Nope TRICARE for life is still out there for retirees. I have TRICARE Standard but also pay for insurance at work (BC/BC/FED and a separate dental plan). Yup pension went up a bit as did all the costs of benefits. pretty usual. Now what were we talking about?[?]

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll
1st Brigade/1st Division/VCorps/AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Przemek Niedzielski</i>
<br />Im playing a PBEM as Union now and im seriusly pissed off McDowell's army two corps, despite ordered to move toghter, arrived picemeal and were kicked by Bureguard...

Col. Przemek Niedzielski
4th Brigade
3rd Division
2nd Corps
Army of the Missisipi

Sounds good. you give orders and someone else tries to carry it out or not. [:p] SSG made computer games that way. You did not have the complete control you experience in the HPS games.

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:02 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />Hey Ernie,

Tricare for Life IS there and it is secondary to Medicare. Up until I retired, I used my employers plan and they didn't have a plan for retired folks, so went to Tricare Prime for a few years.

Actually, Medicare is fine. (Except for the PRICE) It works well and is somewhat streamlined. I have not had to pay a dime out-of-pocket for anything, as TFL picks up the difference between what Medicare pays and the real bills. IN ADDITION, as I have a military medical facility close by, all PRESCIPTIONS are FREE, at the base. Even if I go to a regular drugstore, I only pay a maximum of $3.00 Per prescription, so it isn't all that bad.

The real cost for Medicare is almost $100. per person PER MONTH! What was costing me about $400. per year, TOTAL, now costs $2,400.00 per year! That is SIX TIMES the cost pre-65.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:47 pm 

Is the DEMO still available? Didn't find it on MATRIX or AGEOD [:(]

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:25 pm 

Hi,

If you go down the thread to Dale Last's entry in this thread, you will find links where you can download the demos. I checked the ACW link and the demo appears to still be there.

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mihalik</i>
<br />Hi,

If you go down the thread to Dale Last's entry in this thread, you will find links where you can download the demos. I checked the ACW link and the demo appears to still be there.

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

thanks got it.

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll