American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Begging letter...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:13 am 

If someone could please send me Ken Miller's HPS Corinth Leaders.bmp and Units.bmp? I would be very much obliged. I had them and lost them and can't seem to find them anywhere to download them again! and Ken Miller's site seems to be out of action recently? [?]

Capt. Jim Wilkes,
2nd Brigade, Cavalry Division, XX Corps,
AoC, U.S.A.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:24 am 

It's so sad to see an Officer begging for something even if he's a YANKEE....[:D]. Butt if you go to the homepage of the club and click on the link express then scroll down to the like for Ken's page it will take you there Dorothy and not to Kansas [:D]. Just tried it from my computer at work and it worked just fine. Just poking a little fun. What does the AOC stand for "All ready Out of Commission".[:p]

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 am 

I tried Sir, I did try! The link just won't work for me, I don't know if the problem is my end or the website? I did see a post somewhere recently where Gen. Miller said there had been problems with his site.

I'll remember you're name Gen. Bastiani. Another Reb to settle a personal score with...maybe the opportunity will present itself in a multiplayer clash one day?! [:p][;)][:0]

Capt. Jim Wilkes,
AoC, U.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am 

File on the way.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:34 am 

File received safely. Thankyou Gen. Miller. A true gentleman that officer...

Capt. Jim Wilkes,
AoC, U.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:37 pm 
Yeah, he ain't too bad for a d$%# yankee. [:p]

Can ya feel da love Ken? [:D]

Lt. Gen. Mike Smith
Army of Georgia
Commanding
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_admin/phpbb2/index.php?f=28"]Miss Clarissa's Tavern
[/url][url="http://convolutedmuse.com"]ConvolutedMuse[/url]

"Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an ideology, a secular religion—a full-fledged alternative to Christianity, with meaning and morality. I am an ardent evolutionist and an ex-Christian, but I must admit that in this one complaint—and Mr [sic] Gish is but one of many to make it—the literalists are absolutely right. Evolution is a religion. This was true of evolution in the beginning, and it is true of evolution still today.
…...Evolution therefore came into being as a kind of secular ideology, an explicit substitute for Christianity." - Ruse, M., How evolution became a religion: creationists correct? National Post, pp. B1,B3,B7 May 13, 2000.

"We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door." - Richard Lewontin, ‘Billions and billions of demons,’ The New York Review (January 9, 1997), 31.

"But our ways of learning about the world are strongly influenced by the social preconceptions and biased modes of thinking that each scientist must apply to any problem. The stereotype of a fully rational and objective “scientific methodâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:22 pm 

Well Capt. Wilkes Suh,
If you get the chance stop on in at the Chickasaw Bayou Saloon and I'll buy ya'll a drink or two while your on your way to Andersonville.....[:D] Good luck and hope you have a ton of fun in the club. Merry Christmas

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet