American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:25 am 

Tom...friend, comrade and fellow spirit in these trying times of stress in all forms and from all quarters...know that for me, your terms are quite acceptable. I am content to await your return of game plays when you are of a mind and able to do so...that is no problem. I will know why you are absent.

Frankly, my own sentiments about membership (stated on other occasions) are similar to yours. The games themselves are not as important to me as I once thought they were (I have enough pretty ribbons [:)]). I have come to the point where I am now bothered only by the gamey players, for whom the games and winning are all that it seems to be about. I now know that what appeals to me most are the friendships made, and the spirit of history and comradeship offered which I have found here, and am grateful for. Some might say this is lame or to "get a life." However,in this last year of my renewed membership, I have also had the good fortune to receive kind support and understanding during a trying time myself, from many of the men in this club, including you.

So General Phillips...Tom...I will be here to battle, or chat with you whenever you are ready to do so, and course as long as my own personal life permits. <i>"Vio Con Dios"</i> also my friend,

At the risk of sounding so melodramtic, I remain, your comrade,

Tom Ciampa

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hwkhuntswalking</i>
<br /><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b><font color="yellow"><center>Friends, Comrades, Opponents, Fellow Club Members, Gentlemen: Hail!</center></font id="yellow"></b>

Happily, my future, here, begins to take Form, coalescing from drifting mist in the Void, if you will.

Firstly, though I dare not presume this might be universally well-recieve'd, my presence here is Permanent.
So fear not, those of you to whom such news falls pleasantly upon their ears.

Secondly, & this cannot be overstated: My happening upon this gathering of Warriors called ACWGC, was a critical step in the process of preparing me to successfully negotiate the Flaming Hoop of Fire so recently consummated.

Those that were there that Sunny & Crisp February Morning, DH Smith & Nick Kunz, may well recall that Fire-eating Cadet Candidate, armed with my trademark brand of Sappy Sentimentality.

What has followed is a story long, wonderful & ongoing that sadly must be told elsewhere & subsequently.
Today I offer up my most profound & sincere gratitude to you ALL, for allowing me to join your company. More than mere, if pretty sounding words, it has & continues: an Honor.

That said, I find myself unable & unwilling to bury myself beneath a Mountain of games &, while I cannot yet state at what level of active competition I will eventually gravitate to, my intent & wish is to reduce my open games to Zero without conceding a solitary Field due to my being AWOL.

However, & here lies the Crux of my new approach: Only those protagonists for whom turn rate considerations hold no great value need apply.

The rest can take their Major Victories, with every blessing in my Heart, while I play the others.

Henceforward I will not be bound by any such considerations myself, replacing them with my firm & solemn promise to never "not" come back & to send word as soon as practicable, should anything unusual be afoot.

I can never truly convey the degree to which I am in the Debt of you Gentlemen, fettered & bound as I am by mere words.
If I ever get over my shyness, I might really show y'all somin' but for now, please allow me to simply close with: "Thank you so very much & Bio Con Dios!" <salute></font id="Comic Sans MS">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:42 am 

Tom,

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear the news. I too, send out my prayers to you. One of the true joys in my life has been meeting you and the many others in these game clubs. I too agree it is for the people met not the games themselves that it is all worth while. I will miss your e-mails and the great images that you always sent with them.

In the hope for a better future, let's keep our games open in the knowledge that one day you will be back to the gaming. Until then feel free to keep in touch whenever you're a mind to.

I wish you all the best of every thing.

Brig. Gen. Bill Spitz
3rd Division
I Corps
Army of the Potomac
[image]http://tmg110.tripod.com/federal/us-1c3d.gif[/image]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:31 am 
Sorry to hear Tom, good luck mate hope to see you back to form soon.[:)]

<b><font face="Georgia"><center>Major General
Glyn Hargreaves

Commanding Officer
3rd Cavalry
Division, III Corps.
AoA

</center></font id="Georgia"></b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:33 am 
Sorry to hear Tom, good luck mate hope to see you back to form soon.

<b><font face="Georgia"><center>Major General
Glyn Hargreaves

Commanding Officer
3rd Cavalry
Division, III Corps.
AoA

</center></font id="Georgia"></b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:39 am 
Tom

My best wishes, as expressed by many above, are with you. Our relationship was short, but very rewarding. Should you ever wish a battle or chat, simply get in touch, I too do not care about rate of play, knowing the circumstances.

Major Richard Whipkey
XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:25 pm 

<center><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="yellow">Bless You All, Dear Ones!
Merci!</font id="yellow"></font id="Comic Sans MS"></b></center>

<center><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="black"><b>Major General Tom Phillips</b></font id="black">
<font color="red">The Brus Artillery Btn</font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
<font face="Times New Roman"><font color="yellow"> 4/3/III/AoG
</font id="yellow"> <b>Confederate States of America</b></font id="Times New Roman">
</font id="size3"></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:18 pm 

Tom,

Each of us must decide what his level of participation in the club will be. More than glad to hear you will be remaining with us even if at a lower level of activity.

I enjoyed our games together and meeting you at last years See ya at Antietam. Look forward to possibly running into you again sometime in the future.

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm 

tom,

friend, brother, you know are feelings, never worry, we are always a click or a ring away. GODS SPEED

kerry and dana

BG. VANNADA
HEADQUATERS:
2nd INFT.DIV.
2ND CORPS
AOA

http://www.geocities.com/heydreck/AOA.h ... 3437?20075

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:41 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="orange">Tom,

Well what do you know, you have more Friends than you realize! Each of us in his own way touches others in this gaming Club. Some of us, and that would be you Tom in a large way, reach out to many more members thru our gaming. You have always amazed me at the sheer numbers you have put up over the previous two years. I am guessing that it has finally taken a toll. But fear not, as others have stated here, we will await your return.

Please Tom, don't think that you need to recapture the volume of gaming that we are all accustom to seeing you do. Burn out I believe is a major reason so many of our past members have just faded away. I, as many have already stated, am grateful to have had the opportunity to get to know you thru our membership in this Club. I have also had the privilege of meeting you in person and spending time together chasing battlefields.

So my Friend, gather yourself, take time to see spring sprout this year and take stock in those things which are most precious to you in this life. Then, when time will permit, join us once again!

Your Friend,

</font id="orange"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="orange"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Interim Commander
Eastern Theater Command
Confederate States of America</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:23 pm 

<center>
In all Candor-
I can admit to being a "tad" burn'd out from Wargaming,
however the degree of My <u>extreme Burntness's</u> root cause more properly may lay elswhere.....
(semper canabis paratus)</center>

<center><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="black"><b>Major General Tom Phillips</b></font id="black">
<font color="red">The Brus Artillery Btn</font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
<font face="Times New Roman"><font color="yellow"> 4/3/III/AoG
</font id="yellow"> <b>Confederate States of America</b></font id="Times New Roman">
</font id="size3"></center>