American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 am 

As I anxiously await my copy of HPS Antietam, I was thinking of other battles I would love to see released in the future. I would love to see a compilation of small Civil War battles that have seldom or never been created. For instance, I am fascinated with the 1861 campaign in Western Virginia: Battles of Rich Mountain, Gauley Bridge, etc. In addition, I think it would great to see other little seen battles covering Mansfield, Jenkin's Ferry, Bentonville and the like. I am not a game designer or even really computer saavy, so I don't know how feasible it would be to release such far flung battles together into one CD. It would be nice to see some of these battles fit into other larger campaigns that I am sure the boys at HPS will release in the future. I am sure in the future we will see a Sherman vs. Joe Johnston in Georgia 64', and maybe they can add on a few of these smaller battles. I think that with PBEM, many members would find the new 10-20 turn battles that haven't been simulated before a welcome change. Just some random thoughts for a Wednesday morning from this teacher on Spring Break.

Col. Jerry Butley AOS XIX Corps, 2nd Div., 2nd Brig.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 am 

Campaign Atlanta covers Georgia'64

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:08 pm 

Or how about New Market?

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:21 pm 

The CW in Indian Territory would be COOL!!!

BG Jon Hooper
Choctaw Mounted Rifles/3rd Div/II Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:55 pm 
Scheduled for release next weeK!!!! Campaign Palmetto Ranch!!!! Rich hasn't started on it yet, but it shouldn't take more than a week....Campaign Sabine Pass should be out shortly after that!!!!On a more serious note....A question for Rich about Antietam....Since the Chancellorsville OOB is included in the files, can scenarios be made on the maps in the game, or is this OOB Locked down from this game? Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:04 pm 

There's a reason we keep those boys in the Shenandoah Valley. :-)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Walker</i>
<br />Campaign Atlanta covers Georgia'64

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
"Defenders of Tennessee"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
West Point Instructor
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:43 pm 

Hank,

You've been misinformed, there is no Chancellorsville OOB on the Antietam CD.

Rich

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jefferson H. Davis</i>
<br />Scheduled for release next weeK!!!! Campaign Palmetto Ranch!!!! Rich hasn't started on it yet, but it shouldn't take more than a week....Campaign Sabine Pass should be out shortly after that!!!!On a more serious note....A question for Rich about Antietam....Since the Chancellorsville OOB is included in the files, can scenarios be made on the maps in the game, or is this OOB Locked down from this game? Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:36 pm 

I had a temporary lack of brain function (my wife would say it is permanent), I forgot about HPS Atlanta. What is even more sad is that I have that CD. Oh well, maybe I shouldn't be so hard on my students when they forget stuff. And yes Sabine Pass, Palmetto Ranch as well as any battle from the Indian Territory would be great. I realize Mr. Davis was giving me a good natured ribbing, but why not include all those games? I bet any of us could come up with 100 to 200 small to medium size Civil War battles that need simulating. Throw them all together, I would pay 40 bucks for that.

Col. Jerry Butley AOS XIX Corps, 2nd Div. 2nd Brig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 am 
I'd like it as well, I admit....Likely most here would buy it.....Having said that, did you notice, Rich responded by metioning the was in reality no Chancellorsville OOB, but he did not deny the Camapaign Palmetto Ranch rumors that are swirling around here so thick!!!!!!!!!!! Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:08 am 
I'd like it as well, I admit....Likely most here would buy it.....Having said that, did you notice, Rich responded by metioning the was in reality no Chancellorsville OOB, but he did not deny the Camapaign Palmetto Ranch rumors that are swirling around here so thick!!!!!!!!!!! Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:07 am 

Needless to say, the series wouldn't be complete without the last battle simulated, Palmetto Ranch.

We might even through in some Mexican troops to intervene

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:53 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jefferson H. Davis</i>
<br />Scheduled for release next weeK!!!! Campaign Palmetto Ranch!!!! Rich hasn't started on it yet, but it shouldn't take more than a week....Campaign Sabine Pass should be out shortly after that!!!!On a more serious note....A question for Rich about Antietam....Since the Chancellorsville OOB is included in the files, can scenarios be made on the maps in the game, or is this OOB Locked down from this game? Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Let's hear it for the Battle of Sabine Pass. The only battle that more Rebel reenactors show up for than were there in the original battle. Where they replay the battle in detail by eating crawfish, crabs, shrimp, and drinking lots of beer. Then firing off the the cannon a few times before passing out.[:D] Later when they sober up some, they play the national anthem, "The Eyes of Texas are Upon You", and go home. Now if we could just convience some Yankees to show up to paddle the "target" up Sabine Pass. Did I mention there's lots of beer and seafood?

LG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
1/1/III AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:12 am 

My wish list:

1-Grant's Overland Campaign (May-June 1864)

Spotsylvania, North Anna, Cold Harbor...

2-Campaign Shenandoah

Jackson's and Sheridan's campaigns.

3-Campaign Petersburg

The Crater, Deep Bottom, Five Forks, Petersburg III ...

4-Minor campaigns of the Civil War

Regrouping smaller campaigns like Red River, New Mexico, Florida, etc...

Col. Harold Lajoie 2/I/AotM, CSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:32 am 

Is that 1st or 2nd Sabine Pass?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by KWhitehead</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jefferson H. Davis</i>

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Let's hear it for the Battle of Sabine Pass. The only battle that more Rebel reenactors show up for than were there in the original battle. Where they replay the battle in detail by eating crawfish, crabs, shrimp, and drinking lots of beer. Then firing off the the cannon a few times before passing out.[:D] Later when they sober up some, they play the national anthem, "The Eyes of Texas are Upon You", and go home. Now if we could just convience some Yankees to show up to paddle the "target" up Sabine Pass. Did I mention there's lots of beer and seafood?

LG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
1/1/III AoM (CSA)

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 am 
Rich,
Make it an "All Encompassing" game.....Include both 1st and 2nd Sabine Pass Battles....You could also do 1 and 2nd Galveston....Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding