American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rule Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:44 pm 
As the rule change topic is locked, I don't know another way to ask this question but to post a new thread......

"Expelled refers to Members who were voted out of the Club due to some major infraction of Club Rules or standards of conduct."

I would like to know where the specific "standards of conduct" for members is posted? Is this a written set of rules, or another unwritten set of rules? An example of an unwritten rule that was later debunked as a rule was the "rule" that cabinet members were keep silent and not talk to non cabinet members about cabinet issues on all matters, and not just personell matters. It certainly was not a written rule anywhere......I'm not trying to cause trouble here, as I believe that the present administration is basicly attempting to go in a positive direction. I am just pointing out that I don't believe that any formal "standard of conduct" actually exists, at least not under that name, as I could not find it with a search. So basicly, I am pointing out that there is apparently more work to do on this issue. I do think if one wishes to be completely forthcoming, it should actually read: Expelled refers to Members who were voted out of the Club due to some "alleged" major infraction of Club Rules or standards of conduct. I suppose that's water under the bridge now though.

Post subject: Re: Rule Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:39 pm 
Hank, hold on to your hat, you are absolutely right! I made up the term "standards of conduct" just the other day when I wrote the announcement. There are no written "standards of conduct" at all. In my mind it is simply another way of saying the "Golden Rule" of do on to others and you would have them do onto you. Should this term, or something like it, be added to the Club Rules along with expulsion guidelines? I believe so. But, one thing at a time.

You are also right when you said more work needs to be done by the Cabinet. We will start to address many of these "gaps" in the Club Rules over the next two years. Most are simply a matter of clarification or taking something unwritten and writing it down. Such is the case with this Rule Revision currently on the table. In reality it is what we have always done but never wrote down.

Post subject: Re: Rule Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:14 pm 
That should mean progress.....I'm in favor of that....