American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:12 am 
I want to change the graphics on my HPS games and was hoping for some input from y'all prior to doing anything. I have used graphical add-ons in the past with mixed results. There was one tat gave the unit icons a miniatures look that was pretty good except for the bases which always seemed odd to me.

The other part of this, besides a better look for the units and terrain, is seeing the roads. I have cataracts that the docs are being rather slow to take out. That said it's often very difficult to see rods trails, changes in elevation, etc. Lastly, is there a way, either by a graphical add-on or otherwise, to easily and quickly distinguish the higher/highest points on the field of battle?

I apologize if these are silly question or have been answered countless times and, of course, thank you in advance for your assistance.

Lt. Gen. M. Conrad Smith
4th Division, III Corps
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 am 

Gen Smith,

Have you tried the graphics available at Brett Schulte's site http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWCGDC/index.html
There are several different versions there for both 2D and 3D graphics, just click on the Graphics link on the left.

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:38 am 
Yeah I took a look around but it seemed none of them had been updated in quite a long time. The other thing was I wasn't sure I if I could mix and match things I liked. Say if one set of terrain graphics was to my liking but the rest of the set wasn't. Can I use just the terrain graphics from one set and the unit graphics from another and the 2d/3d from another?

If I remember right it was either Rolf ir Atle's graphics I liked the best but the rods/trails thing was still an issue for me. It's been a while though and I've forgotten what set-up I used to have, and liked lol.

Lt. Gen. M. Conrad Smith
4th Division, III Corps
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 am 

Mike

I think that Bill Peters had devised a pikes/roads graphics file. If you can't find it let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

Cheers,

Lt.General Dale Lastowicka
4th Brigade, 1st Division, VIII Corps, AOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:31 pm 

Hi Mike,

If you go to this site www.gamesquad.com and at the top of the page is a tab that's labeled downloads. They have graphics for all of the HPS and I think the BG series. They have a forum for Civil War posts and some of the members there are also members here.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dalelast</i>
<br />Mike

I think that Bill Peters had devised a pikes/roads graphics file. If you can't find it let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes, Bill's change for pikes, trails, roads are a MUST have for Chickamauga, Vicksburg, or any of the games.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="orange">Gents!

I went looking for Bill's post about his road graphics and couldn't find it so here is the link that he had provided:

<font color="beige">To downloaded graphics to enhance viewing of the roads and trails created by Bill Peters:

http://www.fireandmelee.net/acw_art/2DRoads.zip

All files go in the Map subdirectory of any ACW game (C:\Program Files\HPS Simulations\Campaign Gettysburg\Map). Note: if you don’t like them just pull the files off of the CD or just rename the files before you overwrite them.
</font id="beige">
Regards,
</font id="orange"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="orange"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Commanding
Eastern Theatre Command
Confederate States of America</font id="orange"></font id="size4">