American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 am 

Bill
i havent really given any thought to chit pulls.i think the GMT civil war games use something similar to activate various units.one thing i would love to see incorporated into these games is orders delay/confusion.i think the Gamers civil war regt/bde series does this really well.i am thinking not of the written orders as such but more of the orders acceptance table they use.what if a reb attack during the peninsula campaign Longstreet is pressing when his boys become fixed.the only way to unfix them is to personally move Longstreet to each subordinate commander who in turn moves to his commanders to release them.of the top of my head each commander could have some kind of rating as to if or when it would happen in any particular battle.now i realise this brings a bit of chaos to the battles and some gamers dont care for that but when i read the accounts of civil war era battles they all seem to go awry at some stage.this kind of rule could be an optional one and doesn't have to happen to each side every game.i would think a multiplayer game where one part of a team is pushing hard and when the player gets an email saying sorry team mate my boys are refusing to move and i will get them going as soon as i can is a situation i would say is very realistic.
in its own way this would impact on fixed units at the beginning of a game and maybe even be able to do away with it.
just ramblings gentlemen but i really would like to see some kind of command paralysis from time to time.and i am not talking about mine when i see my opponents turn:)

1st Lt Stewart Crisp
3rd Bde
1st Div
XIV Corps
A.O.C

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 am 

Hey Stewart see you finally made it over to the ACWGC, but I see you still like wareing that dang blame BLUE uniform [:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:42 am 

Hi there Gery.I finally took the plunge and have to say i am enjoying it. i should really have taken the plunge a long time a go.As for the boys in blue.I take no responsibility for that sir,for that you have to blame my dad,Errol Flynn and Airfix soldiers[:D]

1st Lt Stewart Crisp
3rd Bde
1st Div
XIV Corps
A.O.C