American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:56 pm 

Hi Mark,
Finally got Gary's WBTS yesterday, but when I tried to load it from my D drive I kept getting the error message saying to put a disk in the drive. No matter what I did it wouldn't load it from my D drive. But then I put it into my E drive which is for burning CD's it loaded it from that drive. My D drive works fine with any other disc, but for some reason not with this game disk. One thing I done like about the game is the manual. It's got small print and printed on gray colored paper and it is hard to read with my tired old eyes [:D]. At least they could of printed it on white paper, that way I could see the print. [B)] and your right about getting to learn the game first before challenging anyone. Lot more to it then the HPS games as for managing things.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:43 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br />Is this the same game:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AGEODS-CIVIL-WAR-18 ... 7C294%3A50

Col. Bill Peters, The Boise Rifles, II Corps Artillery, AoA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's the one!

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 am 

Well Hooker has finally cleared the forts at the mouth of the Mississippi but Rebel gunboats are preventing my transports from progressing any further. Going to have to get some naval firepower there to take care of that. Meanwhile Rosecrans has taken Vicksburg but I screwed up and left Jackson empty and the Rebels have retaken it....for the time being. Tried to sneak Buford behind Rebel lines in Virginia to destroy some railroads but the Brits were having none of that and Buford's command was wiped out. Took a few more minor cities in South Carolina but some more serious work to come there soon. Well ahead on points but I can't seem to budge my National Morale up nor the Rebel national morale down. Only 15 more turns to go so I don't think I'm going to force a surrender on the Rebels in the time I have left.

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:25 am 

Hooker has cleared another fort and is headed for Alabama. Might be able to make a play for Mobile. Meanwhile the British are advancing down the Lake Erie coast taking Ashtabula this last turn. I'm concentrating troops in Cleveland and have three divisions hot on their heels. Was some big naval action off of Long Island Sound with the British winning the first battle and the Union the second. In Georgia the Union has sent a Corps to invest Augusta and it should fall in a few turns. Only 12 turns to go.

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:21 am 

Well it's late August and John Reynolds has led a three division force that wiped out one British command in Ashtubula Ohio. He's been promoted, at the expense of angering William Franklin and losing some NM points and Victory points, so hopefully he can command a Corps next turn. Only 10 turns left and my goal is to reclaim all of New York before we run out of time.

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:30 am 

Down to 6 turns left. The AoP under Buell has retaken Buffalo and taken Waterloo in Canada. Meade will continue the conquest of southern Ontario. Buell and Reynolds are moving on Ithaca, NY to retake it. Union beat Lee in Spotsylvania to take another area of Virginia. Hooker is active again and moving on Mobile. I've noticed that many of the southern state areas are starting to swing loyalty back to the Union, some that don't even have Union troops in them!

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:48 am 

The campaign is over. I managed to retake almost all of upstate New York and to take all of lower Ontario. Hooker marched over from New Orleans and took Mobile while Hancock marched across South Carolina and took Wilmington. In the end I had sealed off the end of the Mississippi by taking New Orleans but didn't control the length of the river. I had cut the Confederacy in two by duplicating Sherman's March to the Sea with some help with units who took and moved inland from Savannah. Virgina was pretty much a stalemate after I regained Washington, though I left the capital in New York. In the west I pretty much went into static mode after taking Little Rock. Never could muster enough troops to advance further into Texas either. Foreign intervention was a surprise but it came too late to have much of an effect in the end.
All in all a very enjoyable game and a great learning experience. We are about 3 patches behind so it will be interesting to see the new changes. Advice I'd give to Union players would be to be sure to have cavalry and militia built to garrison rear areas against raiders and to really work on your supply lines. Also, do not neglect the naval war!

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Cabinet Secretary