American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:13 am 

General Vannada,

There is no need to dispute General Dragan's remarks with mere words. For the men of the AoC actions speak louder than words. Be careful what you ask for. As I entered the AoC tavern last night for a drink with my old comrades there was a tense, indignant, stormy kind of atmosphere in there. Major General Meyer in particular seemed uncommonly agitated and was to be seen standing on the bar making powerful speeches about defending the honour of the AoC. Be very careful what you ask for...[:p]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/acwgc_personal_record.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/western_theater.htm"]Commander, Western Theater, Union Army[/url]

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:32 am 

Sir Anthony, WHere is your new leader...aka Derald..Cowering in the far corner....You all say actions speak louder than words....Do I have to do more......General Meyer is speaking in your tavern with courage that he found in a bottle.....Read my 1st post again.....I have already slapped you all with my gauntlets, that is my riding gloves, as I have to explain to you Yanks..This means I have challenged you all to a dual...Do I have to do it again....I can....The first time was fun......

Lt. Gen. John Dragan AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:05 am 

Nay General Dragan, I am not hiding in the corner. I attack your rear just like I have done in many, many, many, many, many, many, many (I would go on but my fingers cramp), many (OK, just one more), of our matches.

A tournament between our two glorious Armies, I think that a noble idea. Or would you like to meet me on the field of battle as the Rebel's champion? Just a moment, we better make this a fair fight to include other members of your Army for I certainly would not want to shame them by one lone crushing defeat of their renowned commander!

Lt. Gen. Derald Riggs
Commander, Army of the Cumberland, Union Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm 

<b><SALUTE!> </b>and my congratulations General Danner, my old respected Commanding Officer. Thank you for your leadership, hard work and friendship over the years. Good luck in all things from your new command battling a paper Rebel Army, and on the homefront fighting a very real battle...for we both know, now too well, how one's life turns on a dime. Forgive please, my tardy attendance on this occasion but I have been distracted of a form lately myself.

I would also like to say that it is a tribute to the AoC men commenting here who clearly have a regard for respect, honor, loyalty, and decency; and would do so even if this post was honoring a Confederate hero.

Major General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer, AoC,
XIV Corps, Cumberland Sabres
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AN, AT,CHK CTH, GB, OZK, PEN, SH, VK,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:01 am 

My money is on the Cumberland boys...[;)]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member