American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 am 

Gentlemen,

<b><font color="orange">General Dave Danner</font id="orange"></b>, having achieved so much in the last 2 years, has decided to stand down as Commander of the <b><font color="beige">Army of the Cumberland </font id="beige"></b>in order to give someone else the opportunity to lead that great army - a typically unselfish act. This has been a golden age for the AoC and General Danner has worked tirelessly to make his men proud of their army, and he has always sought to support them, to recognize their achievements, to make this a place where people feel they belong, and to be a true friend to all who are lucky enough to know him. We are very lucky to have a man of this calibre with us and I'm proud to call him my friend.

It is sad to see Dave step down but at the same time I'm both proud and pleased to see another fine and deserving veteran step up. <b><font color="orange">Lt Gen Derald Riggs</font id="orange"></b> will be the new <b><font color="beige">Commander of the AoC</font id="beige"></b>. So if you rebs think the AoC will be a less formidable adversary without Gen Danner in command then I say think again!!

The new <b><font color="beige">XX Corps </font id="beige"></b>Commander will be <b><font color="orange">Maj Gen Atle Jenssen</font id="orange"></b>, another fine officer who rose through the ranks in the same division as Dave and Derald.

The new commander of the <b><font color="beige">2nd Division, XX Corps </font id="beige"></b>will be <b><font color="orange">Brig Gen John Fogarty</font id="orange"></b>, an officer who has amply demonstrated his worthiness to lead men.

<b><font color="orange">General Danner </font id="orange"></b>will command <b><font color="beige">2/1/XX </font id="beige"></b>where he will be in the thick of the action, winning more glory for the Union cause.

Dave, thank you for all you have done, and congratulations to Derald, Atle and John. Good men, one and all...[8D][^]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/acwgc_personal_record.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/western_theater.htm"]Commander, Western Theater, Union Army[/url]

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:14 am 

I can only stand in awe of General Danner's personal contributions to the AoC. I have said it simply before, "He is my hero!" I salute and thank him for what he has done!

<SALUTE>

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:39 pm 

I wish I could say he owes it all to his UMA (or West Point as it was known then) training but I know for a fact that isn't true. Step up to the bar on me General Danner!

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
Union Cabinet Secretary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 am 

Attention to Award!

The Chief of the Union Armies takes great pleasure in presenting the MEdal of Honor (Second Award) to General Dave Danner, Army of the Cumberland.

Dave is nothing short of outstanding in his contributions to his Army and this Club. His personal interactions, commitment, and selfless contributions are truly inspirational.

He joins a small and distinguished set of officers who have earned not one but two of the highest levels of recognition that can be given in this Club. Congrats, they are well deserved.

Warmest Regards,

Thanks, Dave!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:22 am 

Dave,
Congratulations on your second Medal of Honor. It is very well deserved and gives some indication of how much this community values you.
<SALUTE>

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/acwgc_personal_record.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/western_theater.htm"]Commander, Western Theater, Union Army[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:54 am 

<SALUTE>

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:32 am 

Congratulations on your second Medal of Honor and Command. This gives some indication of how much this community values you but not as much as we do.

So put that medal right there, just over a hair or two to your right. That's it..dead center of your heart. A Great thing to take aim at.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 am 

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:15 am 

General Danner you have served excellently as AOC Commander and I'm sure you deserve the rest - well done, I salute you.
Congratulations General Riggs I hope that you will enjoy your new Command.
Congratulations to General Jenssen and General Fogarty on your new appointments and good luck.
BRB III will be very challenging this year.

General Paul Smith
Commanding Officer
Army of Georgia

IT'S ONLY A GAME, SO ENJOY IT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 pm 

Gentlemen:

Please stop by my tent for some special libation. Thank you and salute.

Gen Dave Danner
2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:56 am 

Gentlemen, I would like to congratulate Derald Riggs on his new promotion as the new head honcho of the AoC. I know that he will do a great job..And to Dave Danner I would also like to congratulate on what he has done as commander of the AoC...What a guy....He has a heart attack and he receives the Medal of Honor....He has another attack and the Yankees give him another medal...What is up with this...I think he should get another medal of honor just because he me.....So Dave has stepped down because he can't walk with all that hardware on his chest...What I pesonally think is that all those Yanks are just a bunch of cowards...You heard me....My gauntlets are out slapping all of yun in the face......Now new commander Derald.....What are you going to do....Just sit there and take it..Or are you going to get a tournament going with your new command against my brave boys....The AoA will punish you guys like we did in the last tournament....This post is dead and probably go no farther than this......Again....You guys are my good friends....I am happy and proud of both of you....

Lt. Gen. John Dragan AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">....The AoA will punish you guys like we did in the last tournament....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">John, the records clearly show that the AoC won the last tournament against the AoA, back in 2005 (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow ... 4-2005.htm).
Now you'd have to cast your mind back to 2003 for the last time the AoA beat the AoC (http://members.tripod.com/jlgwolf/AoA/T ... /index.htm)...a looong time ago[:D]

So there you have it...[:p][:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:24 am 

Oh Sir Anthny,I must have been thinking of another Yank army we destroyed......But you are right......You correct me on the tournament....... not on the fact that you guys are a bunch of cowards.

Lt. Gen. John Dragan AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:25 pm 

congrats to all of you:

General Barlow we can sit here and muttle over a date here and a date there all day, the fact of the matter is you have not disputed
a stated fact by General dragan, about the lack of spine you yanks seem to have at present, it would seem to me that you and your boys
would want to clear that up, and the best way to do that is on the field of battle. the AOA can and will meet the challange all we need is another yankee army willing to try and prove themselfs.

MG. VANNADA
HEADQUATERS:
2nd INFT.DIV.
2ND CORPS
AOA

http://www.geocities.com/heydreck/AOA.h ... 3437?20075

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:37 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>Gentlemen,

<Salute>[^]

Congratulations on the fine job you have done in the past and the great works you will do in the future. Thanks to you fine officers of the AotC the south shall continue to find worthy opponents on the fields of glory.</b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir </b></font id="beige">
<font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">
<b>ACWGC Cabinet Member</b> </center>