American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Roger Hulinsky
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:47 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="limegreen">Gentlemen of the Club!

I was very excited yesterday when this Gentleman submitted an application to join the CSA. Although the details have yet to be worked out this former CSA Eastern Theater Commander is returning to active Duty.

<font color="beige">Gen Hulinsky has just been assigned command of the IV Cavalry Corps of the Army of the Mississippi!</font id="beige">

</font id="limegreen"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Commanding
3rd Georgia Raiders
4th Cavalry Division
II Corps, AoG</font id="limegreen"></font id="size4">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:48 am 

Will be very glad to see Roger return. He was commander of the ANV when I first joined the club, ran the first tournament I got involved in and in addition to teaching a new major a few lessons he helped me get started with html and graphics work. I also had the pleasure of meeting him at one of the early ACWGC get togethers held by Rich Hamilton.

Bill, funny you should mention Randy Brooks, he was my instructor at the Union Military Academy and also had a big influence on my time here.

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:22 pm 

Gentlemen,

If Hulinsky returns, the Yanks had best head for the hills! [:D]

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 am 
Gentlemen,

I am humbled that anyone even remembers my name but maybe it was all those battles that I lost to the Yanks! (Every Yank likes a Reb who is easy prey!)

But I must admit that I'm madder than an old wet hen with some Officer's within the Confederacy and when I catch up with them... <b><font face="Georgia"><i>some heads are going to roll</i></font id="Georgia">!</b> In fact, I see that a few of them have even resigned their commissions and left the Club!

You see right before my disappearance, I hosted the "Death of a General" Tourney and darned if the Yanks didn't get lucky and win! (I thought I'd rigged it for a CS victory! I must have miscalculated it somehow!) Anyway, one of the conditions of the Tourney was that if the CSA lost that I would have to surrender my sword and spend some time in a Yankee prison.

<b>BUT</b> I had the promises of Generals Thomas, Cope & McBride that I would be quickly exchanged and back in my old quarters in no time. <b><u>THAT WAS 5 LONG YEARS AGO</u>!!!</b> I see Jim and Garry are gone now... but that low down, dirty rat McBride is still lurking around. Only God will be able to spare him when I catch up with him!!!

Thanks again for the kind words, gents! You'll have to pardon me but I've got to get down to the commissary to pick up a cavalry saber and then I'll need to put a sharp, sharp edge on it. I've got a <u>PIG TO STICK</u> and then I'll turn my blade on some Yanks!

Warmest Regards,

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:31 am 
In the minimally amended words of the great Stonewall: "Bring it, dude". [8D]

We just figured you'd defected to the other side... again. Great to have you back Roger. I still remember our Battle of the Quartermasters along the banks of BGBR's Bull Run.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />Gentlemen,

I am humbled that anyone even remembers my name but maybe it was all those battles that I lost to the Yanks! (Every Yank likes a Reb who is easy prey!)

But I must admit that I'm madder than an old wet hen with some Officer's within the Confederacy and when I catch up with them... <b><font face="Georgia"><i>some heads are going to roll</i></font id="Georgia">!</b> In fact, I see that a few of them have even resigned their commissions and left the Club!

You see right before my disappearance, I hosted the "Death of a General" Tourney and darned if the Yanks didn't get lucky and win! (I thought I'd rigged it for a CS victory! I must have miscalculated it somehow!) Anyway, one of the conditions of the Tourney was that if the CSA lost that I would have to surrender my sword and spend some time in a Yankee prison.

<b>BUT</b> I had the promises of Generals Thomas, Cope & McBride that I would be quickly exchanged and back in my old quarters in no time. <b><u>THAT WAS 5 LONG YEARS AGO</u>!!!</b> I see Jim and Garry are gone now... but that low down, dirty rat McBride is still lurking around. Only God will be able to spare him when I catch up with him!!!

Thanks again for the kind words, gents! You'll have to pardon me but I've got to get down to the commissary to pick up a cavalry saber and then I'll need to put a sharp, sharp edge on it. I've got a <u>PIG TO STICK</u> and then I'll turn my blade on some Yanks!

Warmest Regards,

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gen. Den McBride
ANV
swampfox_csa(at)yahoo.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:41 am 
General McBride,
Den,

Ah yes... those were the good old days, Sir! I remember all the cold milk and cookies that my boys captured from your supply wagons. Imagine that... <b>COLD MILK</b>! You had all the good stuff, Sir! I knew you were connected but I didn't know how well!

That is until one of the boys discovered those personal letters from President Jefferson Davis! As a gentlemen, I'm not at liberty to comment on the contents of those letters but I can tell you I was surely surprised! (I must admit I took a few lines from them and used them in my correspondence to my dear sweet wife and she thought I'd suddenly became a dashing romantic.) But what you and your dear Jeffery said to each other in confidence is none of my business!

Do you have time for a maneuver, Sir? I've got myself a whole pile of new games here and I've yet to test them out... HPS's Atlanta, Vicksburg or Chickamauga. Let me know!

I've just established my new Headquarters so come on by for a cup of coffee. <pre id="code"><font face="courier" size="3" id="code">http://www.geocities.com/husker6101/IVCorpsAoM.html</font id="code"></pre id="code">

Warmest Regards,

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:46 am 

Yes, I remember Roger when he was commander of the 4th division, I Corps USA (we had no armies then). And then I remember when he was given command of the new IV corps (still no armies) where I had commmand of his 4th division. Time frame-1997-1998.

Welcome back Roger.

Gen. Doug Burke
XX Corps/USA

Other hobby: Running 30-40 miles per week. Several races a year from 5K to marathon. Boston marathon 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am 
Thanks, Doug! It's good to be back! I remember those days too! =)

Bill and Ken mentioned Randy Brooks! He was my first Division Cmdr. A really likeable fellow. He'd probably cringe to hear it but alot of what I learned in those early days of the Club came from him.

It's one of the great things about the Club. Meeting folks from all over the world.

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:20 pm 
Howdy Bill!

You know that whole side thing confuses me from time to time. Do I wear my Blue uniform today or do I wear my Gray one? LOL! Do you ever have that problem? =)

I'm getting to that age where my eyes are not as good as they used to be... so I just line up where ever my horse takes me. It seems like that old horse doesn't like the cold weather anymore than I do, so we've had a tendancy to line up on the south side of the battlefield and look towards the north lately.

Honestly, this ol' Nebraska boy had no idea how nice those Southern winters were until we moved down to North Carolina last year. Sheesh! I kept asking when I'd see some snow and have to put a coat on but it never happened. Why, it was like the Garden of Eden! No wonder those two didn't wear any clothes!

But just like them... I got kicked out and now I'm in Maryland. Still... it's a whole lot milder than Nebraska ever was!

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:49 pm 

Welcome back, Roger. The Rebs need all of the help that they can get. Rumor has it that they've been trying to send peace commissioners to Washington but they haven't seen the place in so long that they don't know how to get there anymore. Most Rebs aren't a bad sort though, nothing that some soap, water, and leg irons wouldn't fix. We used to share drinks in each other's tent but now I guess that I'll eventually see you on the battlefield. Let me offer you a drink from the hollow for medicinal purposes.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:46 am 

Seems like its nothing BUT Yanks switching sides! Unfortunately when I reupped after my long stay and (brainwashing) with a nice Southern lady, they put me back in the same theatre as my old command, so now I have to be on the watch for the AoC and XXI Corps lest they hang me from a sour apple tree alongside Jeff Davis!

Lt Nick DeStefano
IV Cavalry Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 pm 
Ned,

I think there may be a problem with the Union Officer's benefits package.

I mean with all these North to South defections you'd think that someone in the Union Finance Office messed up and invested all your fine Officer's 401K money in something like Southern cotton or perhaps southern real estate. (I mean, we wouldn't refuse the investment of Yankee dollars in the South... but we sure aren't going to pay dividends on our profits to Yankee investors!) LOL!

I mean really... haven't you been down to Richmond to see the Old Confederate Soliders Homes? Why, each veteran has his own Plantation House with a big old front porch just filled with fine looking Southern Belles. Why Ned, I know you'd like it. A big ol' rocker... a cold glass of sweet tea and the best pecan pie this side of heaven.

You think about it! Why Nick DeStefano did and he's got himself a fine place picked out right next to mine! On Friday nights, we got a mighty mean game of poker going on! We'd be glad to have you (and your money) join us, of course!

Hey Nick, don't forget... it's your turn to bring those fine Southern cigars to our Friday night game! (Oh... and there might be a little delay in my paying off my losses. I haven't intercepted my usual Yank supply wagan yet this week!)

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 am 

Welcome back!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/