American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:35 pm 
Gentlemen,

I have some most dreadful news to announce this evening. [:(]

In an engagement between the Phantom Cavalry (consisting of Brig. General Jan Welleman, Major General Paul Kenney, Major General Przemek Niedzielski, Lt Colonel Nick DeStefano and myself) and Corcoran's Legion (consisting of Brig. General Drexel Ringbloom, General Matt Perrenod, Lt. General Mike Dean, General D.S. Walter and Lt Gen Niall Murphy) the colors of the Fourth Cavalry Corps were lost to the enemy in an heated cavalry engagement. By 8:20 am... massed Union cavalry forces in the vicinity of Aldie sprung a dreadful trap that resulted in the loss of 1449 cavalrymen.

I quickly accessed to damage to our forces and threw up a white flag and sent the following message to the Officer's of Corcoran's Legion.

<font color="yellow"><i>Union Officer's of Corcoran's Legion,
Gentlemen,

Where did my Cavalry Corps go? Oh my... disaster has struck and the battle is over before it has even started. I am afraid that if we continued you would continue to do the very same thing to all of our forces should I give you the opportunity to do so.

In the interest of saving further bloodshed and in the hopes of preserving some of my Corps for the remainder of the war (however short it may be now)... I surrender the field of battle to our Union opponents and declare the battle a Major Victory for the Union. I and the other Officer's of the Phantom Cavalry salute you for your clearly superior battlefield skills and we shall tuck tail and run for Mississippi where we hope to reform, reequip and retrain for our next engagement against the Army of the Shennandoah and Corcoran's Legion.

As a part of the humiliation of our defeat... I surrender the colors of the IV Cavalry Corps to you!

<center>Image</center>

It is my hope that one day... we shall return to reclaim what you have so gloriously claimed on the field of battle today!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM</i></font id="yellow">

I accept full responsibility for the loss at hand. Several of the Officer's of the Phantom Cavalry had yet to even arrive on the field of battle before I had given the order to withdraw. This is certainly the worst defeat suffered by our fine Corps but I vow to return to the field of battle and restore all that has been lost this day!

Yours Truly,

General Hulinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:04 pm 
Officer's of the Fourth Cavalry Corps,

In light of the recent announcement about the loss of our Corps Colors... I have decided to raise high above our Headquarter's... my own personal set of colors. I followed these colors across many a field of battle in my youth and they have become very near and dear to my heart. I hope that they will also become dear to you as they serve as our Corps Colors in the meantime. I will not permit these colors to fall in battle nor to be trod upon by our Union foes.

I present to you... a set of colors already familiar to you and one already associated with the Army of the Mississippi... the Polk Battle Flag.

<center>Image</center>

May we follow it to Victory!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 am 

General Hulinsky: As Division Commander of Corcoran's legion, Victor in the MP Challenge Tourney, division level, I accept your surrender and flag and will display it as a battle honor on our division page. Of course a return match is always welcome and after all, you have your honor to redeem. We hope the next battle will last longer than 10 turns so that I might participate. Then you might have a chance:).

Your Servant, Sir,

BG Drex Ringbloom

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:11 am 

One thing's for sure, this was by far my shortest MP ever. If in the real war the Rebs had caved in so quickly, the whole thing would have been over after the first shots had been fired at First Bull Run ...

You're welcome to a rematch any time, Gentlemen--preferably a shorter scenario next time? Much shorter? Wheatfield to LRT comes to mind ...

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS
West Point Class of '01
ImageImage
"... and keep moving on."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:14 am 

i like Roger's new flag. It will look great next to Dierk's AoM flag;)

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:29 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Drex</i>
<br />i like Roger's new flag. It will look great next to Dierk's AoM flag;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah. And the time after that they ought to surrender something in green on brown, then we'll have captured about all the colors in the paintbox.

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS
West Point Class of '01
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 am 
Gentlemen of Corcoran's Legion,

I am (al)most happy that you are enjoying our captured colors so much! [}:)]

I knew I was going to catch hell for this (especially with all my GRAND EXPECTATIONS for victory) but you know sometimes a combat unit finds out that there is great room for improvement in the midst of a horrendous defeat. This is probably going to be the IV Corps Alamo! [;)]

But in the meantime, I guess I'm going to eat a whole bunch of crow because we was whipped so very badly. But you must know that I am planning some sort of fiendish revenge even as I am composing this message!

I believe I smell smoke and see great plumes of black smoke rising into the sky over Yankeeland!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:31 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
I am (al)most happy that you are enjoying our captured colors so much! [}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, I suppose we're entitled to some innocent fun on this momentous occasion. I don't think anybody has ever so graciously surrendered a flag to us. In fact I doubt anybody has ever surrendered a flag to us at all. [:)]

As you know now, we don't just talk. We also fight. Given a chance that is.

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS
West Point Class of '01
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:56 am 
General Walter,

Oh yes, Sir... you have certainly earned your right to some innocent fun! [:D]

After all, that's what the Club is all about! I like to mix it up in the forums (and on the battlefield when I can [;)]) and have been known to talk trash with the best of them! It's all in good fun! And provides good motivation for the next fight! [:)]

BTW... how do you feel about those infidels in West Virginia? I hear they have decided to call themselves a State in your beloved Union?

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:13 am 

Gentlemen,

While I really appreciate Gen Hulinsky's trying to take the blame for our inglorious defeat, it is I that must bow my head in shame as it is my impetuous behaviour on the field of battle that led to our downfall.

So please all of you, be a little nicer to General Hulinsky from now on, as I know him to be a very sensitive guy, and he's feeling really hurt right now by some of your remarks.

Instead, direct all of your mocking and ridicule at me, while I look for oblivion in a crate of Rochefort 10°.

BG Jan Welleman
AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:58 am 

There is a saying at my minatures group, "The CO takes all the credit for victories and all the blame for defeats."

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:38 am 

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 pm 
Brig. General Welleman,
Jan,

LOL! Me, a softy? Oh my... now that's a riot! [:p]

No Sir... General Miller is absolutely right! I was in charge and I was the one who gave the orders and ultimately I am the one to blame! The failure is all mine!

But the real test of command is whether I allow it to happen again or if I decide to take my Officer's out behind the wood shed and school them on the finer points of multiplayer play with a hickory switch! (Of course, I might find myself being schooled instead!) [B)] HeHeHe!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 pm 

Well Roger, it's good to see that you've got your horse straighten out and it knows north from south and east from west [:D]. But can the same be said about YOU [:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3 / 3 / III AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:14 pm 
Lt General Bastiani,
Gery,

"A man is <b>NOTHING</b> without his horse!" [;)]

General Hulinsky

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next