American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 pm 
Gentlemen,

It's my pleasure to announce the most recent promotion of an Officer in the Fourth "Cavalry" Corps! Where is Fld Lt Ian Travers? Brig. General Kenney... "Did you find him? Yes? Ok... here we go!" [;)]

<center><b>ATTENTION TO ORDERS!</b></center>

<center><u>CAPTAIN Ian Travers</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, in light of your recent Minor Victory at Vicksburg, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain. Congratulations on a Victory in a place where it's pretty darn hard for a Reb to win. And further more for gaining a Victory against an Officer of the Union's AoS. It's always a pleasure to see one of ours put a whipping on an AoS boy! (No disrespect to Col Alan Benjamin... it's just he's serving on the wrong side of this War and happens to be in that dreadful outfit!) Congratulations, Sir! I look forward to seeing the boys of the 3rd Division swinging from the ceiling this evening! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm 

Captain Travers <salute>

Sir! Congratulations on your victory and promotion. I'm now hoping that General Hulinsky is picking up the tab!

My regards,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM
Bayou Devils

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:44 pm 
Gentlemen,

Wow, it's been a busy night for the Fourth Cavalry Corps! General Hooper... you need to reform the men for another Promotion Ceremony. [:)]

It's my pleasure to announce another promotion of an Officer in the Fourth "Cavalry" Corps! Captain Nick DeStefano... Front & Center!

<center><u>MAJOR Nick DeStefano</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, in light of your dedication and devotion to the learning of the Gettysburg battlefield like the back of your hand, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Major. Gosh Sir, why I had never really thought of it... but since you graduated from Gettysburg College... you've done several forms of learning on those fields! [;)] Congratulations on your promotion and watch out for Major General Niedzielski while you're celebrating this evening. Don't try to drink as much Ouzo as he does... you simply won't be able to keep up with him! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:37 pm 

CAPTAIN Travers & MAJOR DeStefano, <salute>

CONGRATULATIONS! Let me buy you both a whiskey and share each a cigar from my premier stash! I look forward to riding with you both and chasing those Yanks back to where they came from, or droppin em where they stand, which ever comes first!

Fld Lt Todd J Pollard
1/3/II
"Price's Cav, Missouri's Finest"
Army of Alabama
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:54 pm 

Congratulations to you both!

Now, I hear there is a a yankee army skulking in the valley that reckons it's a big deal - maybe the Captain and the Major would care to put 'em in their place?

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
"Widowmaker"
Cavalry Division
IV Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:19 pm 

General Hulinsky, Greetings!
Since you haven't been by the Opponent Finder's Forum recently, I decided to invade your establishment to deliver this Challenge:
Corcoran's Legion , the 2nd Division of VIII Corps of the Army of the Shenandoah, does hereby formally challenge the 4th Cavalry Corps of the Army of Mississippi to do battle on a field in the Gettysburg Campaign (scenario to be chosen shortly). Bring forth your best division, you'll need it. Let me present my brigade commanders:
1st Brigade: Gen. Matt Perrenod
2nd Brigade: Lt. Gen. Mike Dean
3rd Brigade: Gen. Dierk Walter
4th Brigade: Lt. Gen. Niall Murphy
We await your response. My compliments, Sir.

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:20 am 
Brig. General Ringbloom,
Drex,

Greetings, Sir! Thank you for your visit... and please do come in! [:)]

I apoligize that I had not seen your message in the Opponent Finders Forum until one of my Division Cmdr's sent a dispatch rider to my HQ to notify me of it. It seems that there are often not enough hours in the day when you are carrying the responsibilites of Corps Command upon your shoulders. My duties often have me running from here to there and I find I don't get to the forums as much as I'd like except when I come to post an announcement about an award or promotion for one of my gallant Officers!

But laying all of that aside, it would be our pleasure to meet Corcoran's Legion in heated battle on the fields surrounding Gettysburg. I shall send a dispatch rider to your camp immediately.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:09 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">General Hulinsky Suh! <salute>

I take it that <b>'warmest regards' </b>are for the musket and ball shots to the rear of the running Yankees as they scamper from the battlefields of Gettysburg?[:D]

All the Best!</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:41 pm 

Roger stuff it to those Yankee Hamsters...

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 am 
Gentlemen,

It's my pleasure to announce the most recent promotion of an Officer in the Fourth "Cavalry" Corps! Where is Fld Lt Drott? Major General Niedzielski... "Did you find him? He was doing what? Was she Swedish?" [;)]

<center><u>CAPTAIN Hampus Drott</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, in light of your last two hard fought contests... it's my pleasure to confer the rank of Captain on you. I expect to see you bring home some glorious victories in the days and weeks ahead. Thank you for all your assistance in putting together the "King of the Hill" Tournament web pages and everything else you do! Congratulations, Sir! Now bring in Major General Niedzielski's kolaches and sauerkraut and dumplings... I'm ready to celebrate! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:07 am 

Congrats Sir!

I'll break open some newly acquired Yankee Whiskey.

Paul

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
"Widowmaker"
Cavalry Division
IV Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:52 am 

After looking here, at how proud you are of your boys...I begin to feel guilty about taking you prisoner at Gettysburg, and have decided to expedite your parole...we will accept the two broken down mules, (A reb cavalry officer does need a mount after all!),that General Kunz has so graciously offered for your safe return. If you return those leg irons, I know you thought they were the finest set of spurs that you'd ever seen...being made of that rare metal, not found in the south...iron...

Now...be a good boy, and don't let me catch you sneaking around here anymore...next time I may exile you to Nebraska!

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:09 am 
Major General Hodgkiss,
Rusty,

Sir, I know that you Yanks are not used to being out in the sun for an extended period of time. I had thought that perhaps I should have offered your some liquid refreshment but all I had was the strong stuff and I figured you'd be better off just dehydrated... instead of dehydrated and drunk. But it appears that the heat of the sun baked you brain just a little too much! [;)]

Now I recognize that General Kunz would certainly come and bail me out of about any situation. But he's not likely to do so in the fashion you describe. Since Nick is a man of action... it would have been much more likely for him to assemble a group of Officer's from the Army of the Georgia and simple come bust me out from whatever confinement that you might of had me in! But since that was not the case... that I never was in any sort of trouble my whole time in Gettysburg... he and his boys were nevered called into action.

And that doesn't even take into consideration that you'd have to get by all the outstanding Officer's of the Fourth Cavalry Corps. That in itself is a feat that no Yankee outfit could even dream of accomplishing!

So help yourself to a drink at the bar... but don't tarry too long or the boys shall introduce you to a metal that is never in shortage in the South. And that would be LEAD, Sir! Fashioned into minnie balls coated with the blood of the last Ohio boy we dug it out of! [;)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:39 am 
Gentlemen,

Just a quick report from the battlefield...

The Fourth Cavalry Corps has responded to the various Challenges from the AoS with regards to some multiplayer battles.

The first battle is a fight between the "Phantom Cavalry vs. Corcoran's Legion" (09Jul15763). We are fighting an HPS-Gettysburg scenario, #267 "From out of the Valley II". The Officer's involved are:

<b>Phantom Cavalry</b>

General Hulinsky - [Lee] Fitz Lee's Cavalry & Ambulance
Brig. General Welleman - [Stuart] Cavalry Corps
Brig. General Kenney - [Longstreet] 1st Corps
Maj. General Niedzielski - [Ewell] 2nd Corps
Major DeStefano - [Hill] 3rd Corps

<b>Corcoran's Legion</b>

Brig. General Ringbloom
General Perrenod
Lt. General Dean
General Walter
Lt. General Murphy

The second battle is a fight between the "Hulinsky's Misfits vs. VIII Corps of the AoS" (09Jul15798). We are fighting an HPS-Gettysburg scenario, #62 "Meeting Engagment(var. 7)". The Officer's involved are:

<b>Hulinsky's Misfits</b>

General Hulinsky - [Stuart] Cavalry Corps
Capt Greg Davis - [Longstreet] 1st Corps
Capt Neal Hebert - [Ewell] 2nd Corps
Major DeStefano - [Hill] 3rd Corps

<b>VIII Corps, AoS</b>

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
Major General Pat Thompson
Lt. General Ned Simms
Brig. General Drex Ringbloom

As fate has it... the "Misfit's" have already taken the town of Gettysburg! [;)]

More reports to follow as information becomes available.

General Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 am 
Gentlemen,

It's my pleasure to announce the promotion of an Officer in the Fourth "Cavalry" Corps! Colonel Bonferroni... is your Officer here? Yes? Excellent! Fld Lt Earle Cook... Front & Center!

<center><u>MAJOR Earle Cook</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, it is a pleasure to confer the rank of Major on you! Not many Officer go from Fld Lt to Major... skipping right over the rank of Captain. But you've saved yourself some hard earned money by not having to alter your uniform with new rank twice! =) Congratulations on your two most recent victories! I'm looking forward to hearing of more glorious victories in the near future. Alright, I better dismiss the Corps... it looks like the boys are getting thirsty! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next