American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:15 am 

Gents

It is my pleaseure to introduce the newest member of the AoS.

Lt. Jack Waldorn
XIX Corps,
1st Division
2nd Brigade

Please make him feel welcome

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commander in Chief
Army of The Shenandoah
USA</center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:23 pm 
Lt Waldron,
Jack,

Sir... there has been a small error in your assignment! Please report to Colonel Jan Welleman (janwelleman@hotmail.com) in First Division, IV Corps!

I'm sure that General Corbin has yet to learn of the details of a little card game between Lt. General Lastowicka and myself. You see Dale's stack was a little short to call my "ALL IN" in Texas Hold'em and he was scrambling for some sort of collateral. Generally an Offcier fresh from the Academy isn't worth a whole lot but we've all started out there and I always like to let a man prove himself... so I accepted your assignment to make up the shortage in Dale's pile.

Unfortunately for Dale... and luckily for you... my three aces beat Dale's three queens and now you'll be a part of my outfit. But don't worry about it, Sir... the AoM is a darn site better than the AoS any day of the week!

Now grab your stuff... and we'll head over to your new quarters! We've got fried chicken, fresh corn on the cob and all the black eyed peas you can eat waiting for us for supper!

Welcome aboard, Sir! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:39 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />Lt Waldron,
Jack,

Sir... there has been a small error in your assignment! Please report to Colonel Jan Welleman (janwelleman@hotmail.com) in First Division, IV Corps!

I'm sure that General Corbin has yet to learn of the details of a little card game between Lt. General Lastowicka and myself. You see Dale's stack was a little short to call my "ALL IN" in Texas Hold'em and he was scrambling for some sort of collateral. Generally an Offcier fresh from the Academy isn't worth a whole lot but we've all started out there and I always like to let a man prove himself... so I accepted your assignment to make up the shortage in Dale's pile.

Unfortunately for Dale... and luckily for you... my three aces beat Dale's three queens and now you'll be a part of my outfit. But don't worry about it, Sir... the AoM is a darn site better than the AoS any day of the week!

Now grab your stuff... and we'll head over to your new quarters! We've got fried chicken, fresh corn on the cob and all the black eyed peas you can eat waiting for us for supper!

Welcome aboard, Sir! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Someon has been into the 'oh be joyfull' [:D][:D]

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commander in Chief
Army of The Shenandoah
USA</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:32 pm 

General Hulinsky

I am afraid that I must decline your fine offer, sir. Although you cut an excellent figure in the picture on your website I'm afraid I noticed a preponderance of Stars and Bars there, and unfortunately I have never developed a taste for grits. Anyway, I am sure that General Lastowicka would never violate the army's regulations as to gambling and fraternizing with what appears to be the enemy, thus I must approach your tale of victory with the pasteboards with a certain amount of, shall we say, suspicion.

1st Lt Jack Waldron
2nd Bde/1st Div/XIX Corps/AoS/USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:40 pm 
1Lt Waldron,
Jack,

You know Sir... when I was at Basic Training at Ft. Benning, Georgia for Infantry Basic & AIT many years ago... I wasn't very partial to the runny grits that they served us there! Yuck! They were horrible!!!

But just recently I had some grits made by a Southern Lady down in Raleigh, North Carolina and "Oh my goodness... they were GREAT!!!" So I'm guessing you probably got a batch of them that were made by someone who didn't know what they were doing! [xx(]

As you seem to be unconvinced about the game between Lt General Lastowicka and myself... I certainly can't force you into the Mighty "Army of the Mississippi" against your will. But being a good sport and a fine Southern gentlemen, I'll give you some friendly advice. When you're freezing your tail off in winter quarters this year and you find yourself playing cards with the boys out of boredom and Dale shows up to join your game... watch the way he holds his cards. If he taps the table with them... he's bluffing! But if he holds them close to his chest... he's got a good hand! [;)]

Good Luck with your new assignment! I'm sure I or my boys will get a chance to face you across the battlefield in a future campaign sometime. Perhaps you'll be willing to repay your Corps Cmdr's debt when you discover that I was telling the truth about his insatible appetite for cards! [:)]

Warmest Regards,

General Hulinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:20 am 

Elcome Lt. Waldorn. You're in the best army now. May the force be with you!

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div,VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:33 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
... the AoM is a darn site better than the AoS any day of the week!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Better at what, sucking down grits ?

Lt. Waldron,

Don't take Gen Hulinsky too seriously, I'm afraid he's a bit confused, having gotten himself into battles with myself and Gen Perrenod he's suffering from a bad case of combat fatigue.

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:54 pm 

Welcome aboard, Sir!

CE Trog
CPT, USA
6th Artillery Bde
III Div/XVI Corps
Army of the Tennessee

E-Mail cetrog@comcast.net

"My aim was to whip the rebels. To humble their pride. To follow them to their innermost recesses and to make them fear and dread us. War is cruelty! There is no use in trying to reform it. The crueler it is the sooner it will be over."

-<i>William Tecumseh Sherman</i>-

"I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard."

- <i>William Lloyd Garrison</i> -