American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:25 pm 

<div align="left"><font color="beige"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
<center>III Corps Commander, AoG Commander & CoS & all my many opponents...</center>
Greetings & Salutations!
Regrettably I did not exercise forethought in informing you all of my impending trip out of town, now in progress, for which I most sincerely apologize.

I will be returned come the 21st, next & will resume all my gaming & initiatives-in-progress at that time.

If anybody asks (and not that they would), I am in Russell, Kansas, a burg of less than 6000 souls out on the Prarie, some 250 miles due west of Kansas City, the houseguest of an enchanting lady whose hospitality & company were not to be declined when the opportunity to get away for a few days presented itself.

I am enjoying myself so thoroughly that one has to believe that it will improve my game, once I return :)

In any case, I wished to post some additional word regarding disappearance, knowing that some will still fail to have recieved any notice.

Hopefully, those neglected comrades will find it within their Heart to forgive an aging general.

<center> My Compliments to you all!
<i><b>Skoal!</b></i></center>

</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="beige"></div id="left">

<center><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="orange"><b>Major General Tom Phillips</b></font id="orange"></font id="size4"><font size="3">
<font color="red">The Brus Artillery Btn</font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
<font face="Times New Roman"><font color="yellow"> 4/3/III/AoG
</font id="yellow"> <b><i>Confederate States of America</i></b></font id="Times New Roman">
</font id="size3"></center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:50 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="pink">General Phillips Suh! <salute>

Good gosh Tom, you have already gamed a lifetime (around 500 games) since joining the Club a little over 3 years ago. Now when most of us aging Generals attempt to sneak away for some gaming and some peace of mind, you do the opposite, seeking female companionship.

All I can say is <font size="5"><b></b>ENJOY!</font id="size5">

Regards,</font id="pink"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:15 am 
Major General Phillips,
Tom,

She must be quite the lady for you to drive out into the middle of nowhere like that! Why it's almost as boring as Nebraska! [:)]

I've not been to Russell myself (no surprise there) but have had friends from Hays & Beloit, Kansas and have been down to Salina, Kansas a time or two. That's pretty much farm and pasture land out there I imagine. Ah gee... I know you'll have fun out there. Most folks in those areas are mighty nice!

Most of my relatives live and farm straight north of Russell about 200 miles in and around Ord, Nebraska. (A good Union name I might add!) [;)]

Have a great time! I'm envious as I've not been home since October of 2007. This dang war just keeps going on and on and on!

General Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:54 am 

Hi Tom,
I have been to Russell. Not only was it the home of Senator Bob Dole, but it was also the home of my secretary. The home of my secretary was the important part. Enjoy your visit.
Jim Gleason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:49 am 

<center><font size="4"><font color="beige"><font face="Comic Sans MS">

I was perhaps a bit optimistic in predicting
an early return to clearing my In Box.

While I am returned safely to Rochester, Minnesota
I must catch some shut-eye before work this evening
having 24 hours in the saddle at present
the last 10 1/2 comprising my return journey.

Hopefully, my Comrades will extend their patient understanding
a bit further :)</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="beige"></font id="size4"></center>

<center><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="orange"><b>Major General Tom Phillips</b></font id="orange"></font id="size4"><font size="3">
<font color="red">The Brus Artillery Btn</font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
<font face="Times New Roman"><font color="yellow"> 4/3/III/AoG
</font id="yellow"> <b><i>Confederate States of America</i></b></font id="Times New Roman">
</font id="size3"></center>