American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:44 am 

Neal

Can a Lt play more that one opponent at a time for this competition.

Jack W

1st Lt Jack Waldron
2nd Bde/1st Div/XIX Corps/AoS/USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:25 pm 

Hi Jack,

My initial thoughts were that a lieutenant could compete as long as they were that, however with only one active battle at a time. That said, I have 7 Confederate lieutenants interested in participating and only 4 Union lieutenants (you included) who've signed on to the idea. All 4 are currently paired with an opponent.

If you feel that you are able to accomodate another lieutenant in this competition I will send riders with introductions. My sentries will be expecting your messenger.

My regards sir,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM (Bayou Devils)
Lieutenant's Cup CSA Liaison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 am 

I've got four underway right now, one with Hampus that we started prior to the Lt Cup being announced, one with Paul for the Lt Cup, One with General Tisdale and one with Nick testing a scenario for the Lt Cup. That and I'm working on another scenario for the Lt Cup. I've got a fairly fullplate right now, so as much as I might want to help I really can't.

However, that doesn't mean that the othe Union Lts couldn't take an another opponent.

1st Lt Jack Waldron
2nd Bde/1st Div/XIX Corps/AoS/USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:56 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

I am happy to report on the completion of a Lieutenant's Cup battle. 1st Lt Mark van der Hagen (USA) and Fld Lt Harry Haines battled to what was described as a "hard fought" draw in the HPS scenario "Raid on Stephenson's Depot".

The scoreboard

Union:
Major Victory: 0
Minor Victory: 0
Draw: 1
Minor Defeat: 0
Major Defeat: 0

Confederate:
Major Victory: 0
Minor Victory: 0
Draw: 1
Minor Defeat: 0
Major Defeat: 0

Gentlemen, my appreciation for your efforts.

Fld Lt Neal Hebert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:02 am 

I guess the Union Lts just don't stay at that rank for very long, being very active and earning their points for Captain very quickly.We will have to push recruiting to fill the ranks.

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 am 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Sir, 1st Lt van der Hagen (USA Liaison) and I are beating the bushes for volunteers. There were two recent UMA graduates, however neither of us has had any luck establishing contact with the gentlemen. There are 2 Field Lieutenants waiting for an opponent. If you (or anyone else) know of any Union lietenants who may be unaware of this competition, Lt van der Hagen and I would be grateful for the help.

My regards sir,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:33 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

The latest information on the Lieutenant's Cup:

Completed battles:
- Fld Lt Harry Haines (CSA) battled to a draw against 1st Lt Mark van der Hagen (USA).

Ongoing battles:
- Fld Lt Ian Travers (CSA) is engaged against 1st Lt Stephen Trauth (USA) in a HPS Corinth scenario. This battle was registered in DoR on 19 June 2009.

- Fld Lt George Tarr (CSA) is engaged against 1st Lt Mark van der Hagen (USA) in a HPS Gettysburg scenario. This battle was registered in DoR 26 June 2009.

- Fld Lt Paul Van Ravenswaay (CSA) is engaged against Cpt Jack Waldron (USA) in a Battleground Antietam scenario. The battle has yet to be registered in DoR, however a rider from Lt Ravenswaay arrived yesterday with word that the battle was about halfway completed.

Scheduled battles:
- Fld Lt Hampus Drott (CSA) and 1st Lt Jack Lee (USA) have been introduced and are scheduled to battle a Battleground Gettysburg scenario. Lt Drott was on leave for a week, however this battle should commence soon.

The competition for the Cup, which will be awarded to the winning Academy at the end of the next quarter (30 Sept), is currently tied at .5 points for each army. In the event of a tie the trophy will displayed here in the Mason Dixon Tavern.

My regards,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:44 pm 

Fellow Union Lts! (salute)

As a reminder, if you are a Union Lt and interested in playing a game toward the Lt's Cup please email me and I will arrange a battle for you. We need more Union Lt's to step up and help us whip some of those uppity rebel Fld Lt's! [:D]

Lt. Mark van der Hagen
2nd Brigade/2nd Division
XIV Corps/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

We're still running into the problem of more Confederate lieutenants available than there are Union lieutenants to go around. One of my VMI superiors suggested something I'd considered before, and after floating the idea by 1st Lt Mark van der Hagen (USA) we have decided to expand the eligible ranks to include captains.

As we are most in need of Union officers at the moment, we will initally call for all interested Union captains to reply announce themselves.

My regards,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

It has been some time since this topic appeared in the tavern, and I though I might offer an update on the happenings of this competition between recent graduates of the respective academies.

The competition is intended to introduce new ACWGC members to officers of the opposing army with the goal being they form friendships and gain early battle opportunities. It is open to lieutenants and captains of each army, and if you have any in your commands who are interested but not participating I ask that they contact 1st Lieutenant Mark van der Hagen (USA) or myself.

Participants are awarded the Lieutenant's Cup Ribbon upon completion of their battle, and the "Loving Cup" is awarded to the winning academy at the end of each quarter. The first award of the cup will be determined at the end of this quarter (30 Sept 09), at which time it will be displayed in the winning academy's headquarters. Battles completed during the quarter will determine the winning side. The cup will remain at the academy until it is won outright in subsequent quarterly results, with a tie allowing to academy to retain possession for another quarter.

Thirteen battles have been arranged to date, of which eight have been completed. Graduates of both academies have represented themselves in the finest manner, and the current results show a slight lead for the Union officers:

Union Major Victory: 2
Union Minor Victory: 1
Draws: 3
Confederate Major Victory: 2

Union points: 4.25
Confederate points: 3.75

My regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:14 pm 

I apologize, my mount decided to leave without me. I provide my information.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Quartermaster, VMI