American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:47 pm 
Gentlemen,

Please let me introduce myself. I am General Roger Hulinsky. On Febraury 18th, I assumed command of the IV Corps of the Army of the Mississippi. I am contacting you with regards to orders that I have received from General Tony Malone and I am transmitting them to you.

I have been instructed to take the former II Corps and IV Corps of the AotM and to shape them into a single Corps. Both of our Corps have strengths and also have had some weaknesses. Lt General Scott Ludwig and General Tony Malone felt that it would be in the best interests of the Army to shape us into a single fighting unit.

The Fourth Cavalry Corps had suffered a serious depletion of strength over the past year due to casualties taken in combat against the Yankees. The Second Corps has suffered some administrative setbacks due to changes in the schedules of some of it's staff and commanders. By joining forces we will be able to combind the history and rich tradition of the II Corps and join it with the administrative strength and audacity of the younger IV Corps.

Having said this... and recognizing the fact that General Gene Nix has been very busy in the personal affairs of his home life at the moment... it was decided that I would take command of the newly formed Corps. I happen to be in a particular situation where I have more time on my hands than many folks who "really" work for a living and I have a knack for managing things on the administrative front and thus am able to maintain a variety of web pages, etc that are often useful in running and promoting Corps activities. When General Nix's scheduling becomes sane again... he will certainly be taking a more active roll in the Corps.

With all that said... I am informing you that "WE" have become the new IV Corps of the Army of the Mississippi. What I have done is tried to maintain the integrity of the existing Divisions in the II Corps and merge them with the existing Divisions of the IV Corps. The old 1st & 3rd Divisions of the II Corps have become the new 2nd & 4th Divisions of the IV Corps with very little change. The old 2nd Division of the II Corps was without a Division Cmdr and has been merged with the understrength 3rd Division in old IV Corps. All in all, most everything is the same except for the fact that there are more of us. And that makes us much stronger all around. (Be AFRAID, you Yanks!)

I have updated the IV Corps web page to reflect all these changes. They can be view here:

http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

I am completely open to suggestion for improvements to the existing web pages. I will set to work on establishing Officer Dossier's for everyone in the Corps. It will take some time to do so but I'll get it all put together. We also have a Corps HQ which is located here:

http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_admin/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=42

General Malone has also instructed me to get busy and put together a "King of the Hill" Tourney for the AotM. This will be a great opportunity for us to get to know each other as we seek to spank the I & III Corps of the AoM in heated competition. =)

I apoligize to those of you who have been infantry officer's for most of your military career. Now having to deal with flea infested horses may not be the most thrilling part of your careers... but I think you may come to like it. At least, you can content yourselves with the idea that you are Mounted Infantry! Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have. I look forward to getting to know each one of you!

I shall be sending out dispatches to all Division Cmdrs shortly! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:17 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
Now having to deal with flea infested horses may not be the most thrilling part of your careers... but I think you may come to like it.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Hulinsky,

It has been my experience that the horses of the Cavalry Corps of the AoM are fine but it is the officers who are flea bitten. [:o)]

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
Union Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It has been my experience that the horses of the Cavalry Corps of the AoM are fine but it is the officers who are flea bitten. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Nelms,

I will have you know that I have personally bathed twice (and even used soap once) since early March! Flea bitten? I think not sir! [:p]

BG Jon Hooper
XO/Cavalry Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:07 am 

Okay, let me get this straight. The Army of the Mislead has only one horsie costume, and the leaders of the II & IV Corps need to fill it up. So, which end are you going to wear Roger? hehehe.... [:o)]

Good luck on the reorg, sir! [;)]

al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 am 

"Flea bitten? I think not sir!" - BG Hooper

General Hooper, sir.

Shouldn't that say, "Flea bitten? I think NIT sir!" ? Wait no, that would be lice. Hmmmm....

Hey fellow yankees, don't go wearin' capture Reb hats! (see above) [:p]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:11 am 
Al,

Why Sir... you ask such silly questions!

You <u>KNOW</u> I'm always the <u>SOUTH END</u> of a <u>NORTH</u> bound horse! [;)]

Ah shoot... you guys crack me up!

General Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM