American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:55 am 

<b>Medals for General Hulinsky</b>

<i>"Eyes Front!"</i>

<b>General Roger Hulinsky</b> has been honored with the <b>Patrick Cleburne</b> and <b>John Bell Hood</b> Medals of Service for his extensive work and devotion to the cause in the short time he has been back.

Congrats Roger! The drinks are on YOU this time... [:p]</center>

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:41 am 

The grizzled union general walks in followed by a rather large first sgt and a squad of men carrying a barrel. "Alright Quincannon, put the barrel up on the bar, then you and the boys can head on back to the Winchester." Turning to the bar the general speaks,

"Gentlemen, I understand we're having a bit of a celebration for Gen Hulinsky. Thought I would help things out by returning this barrel of fine southern whiskey my boys recently appropriated from the general's private stock.

Gen Hulinsky and I go back a ways, I first met him when I was a recetnly promoted major and he was commanding the ANV and running a tournament. He gave me a few lessons in the BG system and kindled an interest in html and graphics work in me. I also had the opportunity to meet him and his son at one of the early ACWGC get togethers sponsored by Rich Hamilton. Unfortunately shortly after that he had to go on the reserve list.

Upon his return we quickly rekindled our old relationship and I attempted to give him some lessons in the HPS games. In the short period since his return to active duty Gen Hulinsky has stepped right up not only taking over a corps at the AoM but jumping in to help out at the ACWGC.org site with the forums and website work there. These awards are well deserved and I want to add my congratulations to Gen Hulinsky."

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">General Hulinsky Suh! <salute>

Ken, very nicely put. I wasn't in the Club when Roger was serving the first time around but of course I knew the name. When he returned to active duty my spirits soared as I knew that the CSA needed an old grizzled veteran to help spark some of that original ACWGC feeling once again.

Roger, a very richly deserved set of awards. I know your superior Officers share my opinions too!

<b><font size="5">CONGRATULATIONS!
</font id="size5"></b></font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:10 am 
Congratulations to an honorable foe who has and is currently whuppin' my butt. >Salute<

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"Into the breach"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 am 
Congratulations sir! <salute>

Warm regards,
Fld. Lt. Hampus Drott
Swedish Volunteers/4/IV

AotM

Hampus Drott 1/3/II AotM
Want to play a game?
Just send me an email!
Hampus.Drott@gmail.com

P.S I only own the Battleground games, not any HPS games yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am 

He's kicking my butt too (same game). congratulations Sir!

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:56 am 

oooooo... shiny medal. me like. [:o)]

Congratulations Roger!

al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 pm 
Gentlemen,

You are all far too kind! (Except maybe for General's Ken Miller and Mat Perrenod, who have done nothing but kick my tail in battle after battle since I've returned to the Club! But I thank them for giving me much insight into the many differences from the old Battleground games to the newer HPS releases.)

I find it very easy to invest time into something that I enjoy and this Club has been one of those things. I enjoy the gaming, the history, the role playing but far more than that... I enjoy the many interesting people that I've met in the Club from all over the world and the friendships that have developed as a result. It is I who salute ALL of you... YOU are the ones that make our Club great!

And to clarify one major point... Brig. General Paul Kenney is the real brains behind our multiplayer game between Paul, Ian Travers and myself versus MGen David Groce, BGen Drex Ringbloom and BGen James Gallop in our Atlanta Campaign. I simply spew forth lots and lots and lots of HOT AIR!!! [;)]

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:27 am 

Sirs,

I would send over a case of Gen Hulinsky's favourite Rochefort 10°, if only you Yankee gentlemen would not take advantage of our temporary incompetence resulting from drinking the whole case.

Regards

BG Welleman
Flanders' Finest