American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:16 pm 

Well I would like to comment here and now. My comment is why does club after club even put up with him. He is best at bullying, not discussing. I left one club because of him, and didn't join that new Musket and whatever club that I was recently told about precisely because whoever told me, told me that he was running it!

And I don't need him to tell me who he is and how much he has done for this and other clubs and how much he knows...I know who he is from way back in the CCC when his crude, rude and insulting manner prompted me to summarily leave that club despite enjoying it. One joins these clubs for fun not to be insulted. His insulting name-calling is simply insufferable. He doesn't have to like the policies and can certainly voice his opinion. But he can also leave...again...if he can't be a gentleman. There are some that would even consider that a favor. I don't care how many "mods" or other work he has done...sometimes the "maintenance" is just too high a price to pay.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:48 pm 

Let's all move away from the name calling and finger pointing and try to discuss Bill raising the issue on Musters w/the cabinet.

It does no good either way and for no one to continue this type of discussion.

Yes Bill has a temper, we all know that. But Bill can be a very generous man and rather fun.

Sadly not everyone will get along in all these Clubs, it is just too many different types of people. There are many who probably find me annoying at the least. [:D] You just learn to tune people out and ignore them, no matter how bad.

It is not worth hemming and hawing and ripping the place a part. We have been there what...5 , 7 10 times in this Club... [:p]

If people have issues w/members...contact the Cabinet so that they may discuss it. Forum fire burns...let's stay away from it.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 pm 

I agree with Scott..

Let's get back to wuping rebs and drinking 'Oh be Joyfull'

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commander in Chief
Army of The Shenandoah
USA</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:15 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by John Corbin</i>
<br />I agree with Scott..

Let's get back to wuping rebs and drinking 'Oh be Joyfull'

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commander in Chief
Army of The Shenandoah
USA</center>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wait, wait, what! You are agreeing w/me... [:D] Wow...let me get this down in stone on the wall.... [:p] You shouldn't condone my actions John... [}:)][8D]

Anyway yes....lets go get them Yankees' women and see what is up their knickers... [:p][:D]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 pm 

I would like to commend Scott and John for the way they have taken the high road even though they were targets of some of the comments.

And yes, "Oh Be Joyful" certainly is a better option than endless forum debate.

Lt.General Dale Lastowicka
XIX Corps, AOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 pm 

Time to move on, gents.

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:58 pm 

While I cannot take sides one way or another in the initial post here, as I have not had as long of a game club relationship with anyone here, I must add that free and open debate should not be discouraged.

Tciampa's post is quite pointed, vociferous, and opinionated. It may be offensive to some. But it is in no way vulgar or out of line in a free and open society.

An organization, be it a club or a government, begins to show its insecurity and yes, its weakness when it tries to suppress open debate.

This debate began with a veritable 'cannon blast' of opinion by Mr. Peters. If one should be able to post opinions like his and at least get some reasoned responses before the thread is locked (unjustifiably in my opinion) then this thread merits the same level of respect beyond just hushed murmurs of, "Let's move along. Nothing here." or assertions of name calling on Mr Tciampa's part.

They should both be free to express their opinion and their ideas and have them left free for open debate. If we don't allow for an occasional 'stirring up' this club risks becoming some ossified replica of those old parodies of the 'Gentlemens Clubs' you see on sitcoms, and such. If we are going to keep breathing new life into the club and recruiting newer, and yes, younger members and keep introducing this period of our history so that it is not forgotten, then we must encourage free and open debate of club issues.

CE Trog
CPT, USA
6th Artillery Bde
III Div/XVI Corps
Army of the Tennessee

E-Mail cetrog@comcast.net

"My aim was to whip the rebels. To humble their pride. To follow them to their innermost recesses and to make them fear and dread us. War is cruelty! There is no use in trying to reform it. The crueler it is the sooner it will be over."

-<i>William Tecumseh Sherman</i>-

"I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard."

- <i>William Lloyd Garrison</i> -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 pm 

Captain Trog,

The free exchange of ideas would be a welcome respite from the name calling and personal attacks - those have no place here. There's no issue with discussing the issues...[8D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

I realize I am a VERY junior member of this club, however as was expressed to me when I completed training this is my club also. The sign to the tavern clearly states "However, rude and antagonistic behavior will be dealt with....."

While Colonel Peters might have valid reasons for his complaints, his personal attacks on other members of our club clearly violates the conduct expected of members. The muster issue may be something that superiors feel should be addressed by the ACWGC Board, however his actions are a different issue. The gentleman should be held accountable.

Move on? yes. Reward bad behavior? no.

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM
Bayou Devils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm 

Tom come back to the CCC! We need a few (more) good men (& or women)!

al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:46 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by laubster22</i>
<br />Captain Trog,

The free exchange of ideas would be a welcome respite from the name calling and personal attacks - those have no place here. There's no issue with discussing the issues...[8D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sir,

I just think people need to start growing thicker skins. I have belonged to, and still belong to some message boards where the occasional to regular level of debate there makes anything I have seen here look like a kindergarten tea party.

Both of the main parties involved in this debate have valid points. I may not agree with Mr. Peters on all of his points and, as I have stated, I don't have Tom's level of exposure to Mr Peters to necessarily share his opinion. That being said their issues both need to be discussed

Both positions were presented in a somewhat indelicate fashion.

H3ll, who am I kidding? Bill's posts were very insulting to multiple individuals. Tom's post just called him out for his history (which as previously stated I am not familiar with). Bill's posts got a large number of very respectful, although admonishing, replies. Tom's got dismissed as name calling and 'not fit for open discussion'.

I say all of this as a member generally unfamiliar with both parties. I will reiterate my position, though. Both threads deserve open debate. If anybody viewing such decides to 'pick up their toys and go home', so be it.

Everybody, in any truly viable organization, is expendable. The moment they begin to believe they are not expendable, they become more so.

CE Trog
CPT, USA
6th Artillery Bde
III Div/XVI Corps
Army of the Tennessee

E-Mail cetrog@comcast.net

"My aim was to whip the rebels. To humble their pride. To follow them to their innermost recesses and to make them fear and dread us. War is cruelty! There is no use in trying to reform it. The crueler it is the sooner it will be over."

-<i>William Tecumseh Sherman</i>-

"I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard."

- <i>William Lloyd Garrison</i> -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm 

Bill's was bad too, I am not saying it wasn't. But I worked out the issue with him in email. It all stemmed from a few muster issues I was working on last week and not replying to Bill on another issue.

But one only needs to ask some of the folks who have been around and this Club has almost been ripped in half at least 3 times since I joined some years back. Forum fire and shooting from the hip did that.

It is better to work to diffuse the issue before it gets worse.

We are a wargaming club, our main focus is that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:15 pm 

Hear, here, Chris!

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:47 pm 

<SIGH>

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:23 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Ernie Sands Posted - Jun 16 2009 : 11:47:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<SIGH> <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<GRIN>

With a <CHUCKLE>

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member