American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:40 pm 
Gentlemen,

Thank you for signing up for the AotM "King of the Hill" Tournament! We've had 22 Officers sign up thus far and I expect that we may add a few more in the days ahead.

I apoligize for the headaches involved with viewing the Tournament web page and the Sign Up form (It's all Fld Lt Drott's fault! Just kidding, Hampus!) and I plan on trying to work out the bugs on the web pages in the next couple days. But I knew that you'd all be interested in receiving your pairings and getting started. Instead of having 4 different brackets posted on the tournament web page... I'm going to reduce it all down to one which should make viewing the page much easier.

Here are the brackets... based primarily on the individual Officer's rank and then the games which they owned. I will list the paired Officer's names and the games which they have in common.

Then you should complete the following process:

1) Paired officer's should contact each other (email addresses for all participants should appear in the "To:" field of this email.) and decide which game and what scenario that they are going to play for this Tournament. (Remember the scenario's chosen should be 26 turns or less unless you are both fast players and get prior approval from me. We don't want to slow down the tourney for everyone because someone chose a longer scenario and is moving along too slowly.)

2) Once you've decided which game & scenario you are playing... send me an email informing me of your choice. If you can decide amoung yourselves who is going to play which side... then inform me of this in your email. Otherwise, I will randomly determine who plays which side and will inform both players.

3) File a "New Game" Report and list "King of the Hill" Tournament in the Comments section.

4) Then you are free to begin play. Once the battle is completed... please inform me of the winner and file an "End Game" Report.

5) Once a bracket is completed... I will again send out an email to the paired Officer's and listing their mutual games and we will follow the same process for Round 2, Round 3 & Round 4.

Here are the pairings. =)

1) Fld Lt Drott vs. Fld Lt Hebert - All TS games

2) Fld Lt Travers vs. Fld Lt Wight - All TS games

3) Capt Davis vs. Capt DeStefano - HPS Cha, Ge or Pe

4) Major Nagel vs. Lt Col Hardee - All TS games

5) Major Purcell vs. Lt Col Newcomb - HPS At, Chi, Co, Ge, Pe

6) Lt Col Walker vs. Col Bonferroni - HPS An, At, Chi, Co, Fr, Ge, Oz, Pe, Sh, Vi

7) BGen Evans vs. BGen Miller - HPS An, Chi, Vi

8) BGen Kenney vs. MGen Niedzielski - HPS At

9) MGen DeHoff vs. LGen Bastiani - HPS At, Chi, Co, Fr, Ge, Pe, Sh

10) LGen Adams vs. LGen Bertolino - HPS An, Chi, Co, Fr, Ge, Oz, Pe, Sh

11) Gen Mallory vs. Gen. Hulinsky - HPS At, Chi, Ge, Oz, Pe, Sh, Vi

The pairing of Gen Malone and Col Barnard will get a bit latter start as the General is travelling to Arkansas and Col Barnard is on a trip and will return June 24th. But I expect these gentlemen will be able to keep pace with the rest of us.

I will be posting this bracket to the "KotH" web pages in just a little bit so you can see how it all comes together.

If you have any questions... feel free to contact me. I myself am going to post this info to the web page and then I'm going to make plans on how I'm going to kick the Club President's tail! =)

Also I should mention that plans are in the works to produce a Campaign Ribbon for this Tournament and that we will actually have prizes for the Officer's that face each other in the Final Showdown for "King of the Hill" Honors. LGen Mark Adams had an extra copies of HPS Antietam due to the fact that he designed the "Cover Art" on that game and so he has offered one as a prize. (Thanks, Mark!) I have a new copy of the HPS "The War of 1812" title and will also make that available to one of the two finalists. If by chance the two finalists already own the Antietam game... I'll take that title as I don't own it yet and will buy that Officer whatever HPS titles he wants.

Alright gentlemen, let's play fair and have lots of fun! And don't forget I predicted that I wouldn't be the ultimate winner of the Tournament! =)

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM