American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Attention all Rebs...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:58 pm 

The AoS is putting together teams for a MP Challenge...
We will shortly be advertising for Rebel opponents...

Since the AoS has a history of kicking Rebel hineys... I'm not really too sure anyone will take on our challenge...

We are putting together command teams from our Army structure. Our army commander, Gen. John Corbin, will lead our Corps commanders as one team. Our Corps commanders will lead their teams consisting of their division commanders. Finally, our division commanders will lead teams consisting of their brigade commanders.

When details are finalized, the opponents wanted forum will be used to attempt to rouse a Rebel team. This team may consist of a like structure from an army, or just a team of random rebs looking to be beat upon...

Please notify me if you think you can manage a team for any match...
PAToooo at aol.com, but I fear my mailbox will stay empty...

Regards...

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:36 pm 

MG Thompson Sir!

I'm beggin' your pardon...I think you'll find that the great Southern Gentlemen of the CSA will put together a team to answer the call and take the challenge. I am one of 2 recent VMI graduates that is just itching to battle some Yanks and "kick their hiney" as you say...and if I may, it's the Yank Lts that have not stepped up to answer a challenge in the recent Fld Lts Cup. Have they all decided to come battle for the CSA or are they just feeling a bit "skairt" and stayin home?

Well sir, as I might have outstayed my welcome here I'll be goin now! But I'll be ready and waiting on the battlefield Sir!

Very Respectfully,

Fld Lt Todd J Pollard
1/3/II
"Price's Cav, Missouri's Finest"
Army of Alabama
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:10 am 
Major General Thompson,

I am sending a dispatch rider as we speak!

He will be wearing a special BLACK uniform out of reverence for all those poor boys in the AoS who are about to pass on into eternity!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:11 am 

The old general (no red left in his beard) slips quietly into the room. Taking a seat against a wall, he motions to the attentive bartender, who quickly supplies a pint of the soldier's favorite ale.

He listens a few minutes to the boasting going on at the next table. "Roger," he says just loud enough to get Gen. Hulinsky's attention. "If you think you can get your command together, I believe Corcoran's Legion would rise to the challenge. I must warn you," he continues, with a soft smile "there are better fighters than me among our command."

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Commandant, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:20 am 

That's the spirit, Gen. Perrenod! Those Rebs are intimidated already.

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:56 pm 

Sir:

You can always count on me to take on a Yank or two...

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:43 pm 

I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one.

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
"Widowmaker"
Cavalry Division
IV Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:02 pm 
The tall, lanky and slighty dusty Cavalry Officer turns in his seat as his name is whispered... "Roger, you devil dog!"

His eyes twinkle with mischief as he sees his old adversary General Perrenod sitting at a small table in a dark, smokey corner of the room. He notices that Perrenod's back is to the wall, a pretty smart move in a place as rough as this. Particularly, since there were many a Rebel Officer about the place who would gladly jump at the chance to stick an Arkansas toothpick into poor old Matty's back.

The Cavalry Officer rises from his table... picks up a bottle and two shot glasses and walks over to the table in the corner. "General Perrenod... may I join you, Sir?" "But of course, have a seat," is the reply. The drinks are poured... the glasses are raised... and the Cavalry Officer proposes a toast!

"Here's to all our boys... both blue or grey that have died as we have hotly contested the fields of battle in our many campaigns in this seemingly endless war."

General Perrenod softly smiles and says... "I'll drink to that... being that it's primarily been your boys that have been doing all the dying!"

A redish color instantly flashes into the Cavalry Officer's face... he pauses... as though he is slowly counting to five... and then he smiles and slowly says... "I'll put the Officer's of the Fourth Cavalry Corps up against any outfit in the Union... whether it be Corcoran's Legion or Sherman's boys or Sheridan's. There isn't a Yank unit that can match the likes of Hooper, Welleman, Bonferroni, Kenney and Niedzielski."

And then the Cavalry Officer stands and says... "I guarantee it!" And with that he salutes General Perrenod and returns to his table.

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:39 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, perhaps Generals Perrenod and Thompson should lay off the 'shine before speaking. In "The Searchers" John Wayne had the cavalry lieutenant turn around and commented to the effect "Yep, that's a Yankee cavalryman" [:D]

My regards sir, now kick some Yankee tail

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM
Bayou Devils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 am 

Lieutenant, I speak only of that which has already happened. I've been in this long to make predictions.

Roger, that sounds like a good team. My understanding is that Gen. Ringbloom is in the process of rounding up Corcoran's, but apparently a couple of us are off on a raid and haven't reported back yet.

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Commandant, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mperrenod</i>
"I must warn you," he continues, with a soft smile "there are better fighters than me among our command."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now who would that be? Who among us could measure up to your cool calculations, your deadly mathematical precision, and your cunning stratagems?

If the old 2/VIII is to fight, it ought to fight under your command. And if it fights under your command, I'll fight. Even if I have to put the wee one in the saddlebag ...

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS
West Point Class of '01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:01 am 

General Walters: I have no problem in assigning General Perrenod as field commander if he so desires. Please contact me as soon as you can. -

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:15 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Drex</i>
<br />General Walters: I have no problem in assigning General Perrenod as field commander if he so desires. Please contact me as soon as you can. -

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Army of the Shenandoah
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, the intent was for the AoS Commanders to actually lead the MP games. That is an amazing division, a LOT of experience. I think it would be a GREAT experience for General Ringbloom to lead his division in battle.

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 pm 

Hey General Matt Suh,

I think the only RED left in your beard, is the Catsup that spilled from that last burger and fries you ate.............. [:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:54 pm 

Major General Thompson: I have the honor to announce that the 2nd Division," Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corps,AoS has reported for duty and is ready for battle:
1st Brigade: General Matt Perrenod
2nd Brigade: Lt. General Mike Dean
3rd Brigade: General Dierk Walter
4th Brigade: Lt. Niall Murphy
Perhaps never has so much skill and talent been assembled in one division. This Tourney will demonstrate once and for all the superiority of the Union Army over the rebellious Confederates.

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Army of the Shenandoah