American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 am 

Gentlemen of Both Armies,

My wife and I are headed to Gettysburg next week to honor the 146th anniversary of those sacred days, and to participate in as many of the anniversary battlefield walks that my legs will allow. Are any other members of the Club planning to be there? We're staying at Larsons Quality Inn (Lee's Headquarters). Love to meet for a draft at the Appalachian Brewery if you are interested. Contact me here or at GDenney@aol.com. Looking forward to hearing from you (yes, even you Johnny Rebs [:)]).

MG George Denney
1st Division, VI Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:39 am 

George,

My wife and I, and also Pat Thompson and his wife will be there Thursday thru Saturday...be happy to meet you, and anyone else in attendance! (I'm speaking for Pat too, because he'll do what I say!!! LOL!!)

"We must decide. If it's the wrong thing, we'll find out soon enough, and can then do the other, but we must decide." US Grant

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am 

Rusty,

Wonderful. Looking forward to meeting Pat and you. Are you planning on going on any of the anniversary walks? There's a good one on Thursday morning that follows the attack of Hood's Division. My cell phone # is 610-574-7090. Please let me have yours or alternatively let me know where you might like to meet. My treat to the first mug if you want to meet at the Appalachian Brewing Company (right next to Lee's Headquarters on the Chambersburg Pike.

MG George Denney
1st Division, VI Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:25 pm 

Not 100% sure if we'll be in town early enough Thursday to go on that walk. But it sounds great, and we're definately looking for things like that to do.

My cell is 740 317 7863. We'll be staying at the Eisenhower Hotel, along Marsh Creek, near the re-enactment field. Yeah, we'll definately get together.

"We must decide. If it's the wrong thing, we'll find out soon enough, and can then do the other, but we must decide." US Grant

VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 pm 

Rusty,

Go to this website - http://www.nps.gov/gett/planyourvisit/u ... dule-2.pdf

It gives all the battlefield walks for the three days. If you can't make the 10am walk, there are two others at 2:30 and 6pm. There are also three walks on July 3rd and one on the 4th. Talk to you next Thursday. If for any reason we can't communicate by cell, we could meet at the Appalachian Brewing Company at 5pm on Thursday. Let me know.

MG George Denney
1st Division, VI Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:36 pm 

George,

Thanks! Was just there printing the schedule of events out. 5pm Thursday sounds like a plan, but I'll be in touch.

VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:14 pm 

Gentlemen...

(and Rusty)

This sounds good. We'll be in Williamsburg VA and plan to drive up to Gettysburg Thursday morning and stay till Friday night.

Don't believe Rusty when he says he can order me around... He knows his wife is the real general!! (Um, mine too...)

Pat

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:41 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">Gentlemen and ya'll Yankees too!

Sound like a lot of fun! I do hope ya'll take a lot of pics to share with the rest of us. Would think that Gen Hulinsky might try to sneak up there on a scouting mission, he is only down in Gaithersburg, couldn't be much over an hours drive away![:D]

Nothing like sharing some ACW History with fellow Club members especially at that hallow place. Rusty, are you bring the band for entertainment? Wish I could be there too!

All the Best!</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:36 pm 

Ah General Kunz! It's been a long time sir, since my days fresh out of West Point, I believe. I trust that all is well with you suh!This is going to be a new experience for me. I've been to Gettysburg over 100 times, used to live 20 minutes from there, and have never gone with anyone other than my family. But, extended family here will provide alot of fun, and memories.

The band, unfortunately, will not be making the trip...in fact, we're on "band vacation" this month. We'll be back up and running in July! Thought about taking the old acoustic guitar, and driving Pat nuts with it...

Pics will be up soon! Can't wait!

VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:01 am 

Only 2 more days...

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 am 
General Kunz,
Nick,

Sssshhhh! I am going up to Gettysburg on a scouting mission but I'm going covert! I've got these fellow's cell phone numbers and I know where they are meeting. It should be pretty easy to sneak up on them before they even know what hit them. [;)]

It shouldn't be too hard to recognize them since they are all in the AoS... they'll probably be the ones who get lost on the GUIDED TOURS!!! [:p]

Gents, are you taking your wives on these walking tours? Or are they going shopping somewhere?

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:14 pm 

Ah, General Hulinsky,

It would be good to meet you in person.

I think the wives will participate somewhat in the history lessons, but may also look for relief in this term you use... "shopping"...

Regards,

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:19 pm 
General Kunz,
Nick,

Sir, I've come to report that the Fourth Cavalry Division's recon mission in the vicinity of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania was a stunning success. As luck would have it... my boys managed to capture two senior Officer's of the infamous Army of the Shenandoah. <pictured below>

<center>Image</center>

Sadly, these Union Officer's have been highly traumatized by the experience and as a result have been very uncooperative. In fact, they would not even share their names or the specific units that are under their command. I suppose that it's their desire to prevent the publication of their rather delicate situation in the Union Newspapers.

It was only after a few bottles of some fine Southern sipping whiskey and the promise that they could keep their pistols that they revealed their true identities. To the left of General Hulinsky... you see Major General Rusty Hodgkiss, the VIII Corps Cmdr and to the right of General Hulinsky... you see Major General Pat Thompson, Chief of Staff of the AoS.

I hate to say it, Sir... but I think we've delivered a knockout blow to the AoS even before the AoS versus the World Competition has even started. Of course, there's those in the AoS who say that the AoS is stronger with the removal of these two from command. That remains to be seen! [;)]

I'll be sending these Officer's to Andersonville to await exchange for a couple Confederate privates!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:09 pm 

Who is this imposter that claims himself to be Roger Hulinsky? That doesn't look much like the Roger Hulinsky that showed up at the 2002 ACWGC Reunion in Petersburg,VA. Roger Hulinsky was a young man. I believe that is General Hooker who has just narrowly escaped another undercover adventure and been saved by two Union Generals after having to accept any form of clothing that was available by the window. Their pistols drawn is probably for the purpose of fending off the angry husband or fiance. Once again, the AoS has not only cleared the Rebels out of our Valley but taken time to do police action as well.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Hey Ned, weren't you there for the 1st anniversary of the battle? [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:34 am 

To: General Corbin, Commander, AoS

Sir!

General Hodgkiss and I are pleased to report the capture of rebel General Hulinsky. He put up quite the fight and was only subdued after suffering a few blows to his head (our pistols were undamaged). It appeared that his senses were quite addled and we treated him with liberal amounts of captured Southern whiskey. He somehow managed to smuggle a message back though our lines, but owing to his mental state it appeared quite garbled. As you can see in the included photo, we are the ones with the guns, while we did accord him the honor of his sword.

As he was a true gentleman, we allowed him the freedom to visit his wife who still resides at their estate in Maryland. Upon his return, he presented us with two fine horses. To us, this seemed like quite the fair trade so he was given his release to return to his Corps, but only after promising on his honor to continue to oppose us on the field of battle.

Respectfully yours,

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS