American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:52 pm 

Sir:

I know that I am not a Col anymore but I do have a Bde Command, so I will answer you question.

I find that my Army - the ANV and the Commanders are well verse in getting in touch with our troops. When I am not doing my duties as CoA, I am also a Bde Commander for Gen De Mere serving under the I/1/1 ANV. I would have to say that I give Gen De Mere an 9 on his leadership and communication with me about my monthly muster and posting of games and just checking in to see what I am doing. As for the ANV Commander - I could not ask for a better Commander. He post more emails and graphs/charts than anyone else other then Larry (Notso) Quick. Gen Newton is a great commander and I would give him a 10. If I need to go on, the next Commander would be the Theatre Commander, Bob Weir and he also is doing a great job in getting out the news and other information that we need.

I get emails from them all at least monthly concerning my position of Bde Commander.

I don't really see your point in asking these questions and if you are that displeased with the AoA, I can get you transfered to the Army of your choice. You may want to come over to the ANV or the AoG.

How about get that a thought?

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:01 am 

Col Peters Sir,

Since we're both from the same Army, the great Army of Alabama, I wanted to contribute my experience related to your OP's query as I am a new arrival to the ACWGC & AoA, very recent graduate of VMI and only took command of the 1st Bde, 3rd Div, II Corp a few days ago. In short, I am only involved in the ACWGC a few weeks now and it's the first and only.

To get right to the point, I was contacted by several memebers right away starting of course at VMI with the Commandant and Cadre there. They have been great and have continued up to now their support and welcome to the club and the CSA, particularly Fld Lt Hughes, who consistently showed interest in my training and approaching graduation and of course my training officer, Lt Gen Harney, who provided me some invaluable lessons by humbling me severely in our training battle! He is a very knowledgable officer and worthy opponent in the great AoG and I am honored that I was provided his mentorship in battle. Once I graduated VMI and received appointment to an Army brigade, the AoA's II Corp CO, Lt Gen Carpiaux sent me a welcome message as did Maj Gen Wadding (AoA/II/1) and several other Army Co's and subordinate CO's. So, I feel I have received a warm welcome and genuine concern for my starting a "career" here in the CSA.

Now I have not been flooded with congratulations or platitudes nor has my inbox remained full of mail from all of those in the CoC wishing me congratulations but I would not expect it too. There are a couple fellow officers that have continued to share their knowledge and offered to battle in maneuvers and are pro-actively participating in setting up battles with Yankee Lt's, (Thanks Gen Kunz & Fld Lt Herbert!) and I personally want to be a part of this pro-active group that helps to improve the great AoA! I have offered my services to the CoC and I hope that I am considered for something. My only regret is that I have not returned the same congratulatory remarks to my fellow graduates, so there I fall short. But I am excited about being in this club, in the AoA to finally have a command and look forward to meeting new folks.

So, since we are in the same Army, Hell, even the same Corp! how come I have not met you yet? I have known some good people and friends in the arty battalion's, but they are always a little hard of hearing! I look forward to sharing some war stories and drinks with you!

respectfully,

Fld Lt Todd J Pollard
1/3/II
"Price's Cav, Missouri's Finest"
Army of Alabama
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:20 am 

Sirs, <Salute>

No brag, just fact.

I have found communication within the Army of Georgia to be excellent, especially for a volunteer organization. Communications coming down the AoG chain of command during my assignments to I Corps and III Corps have been entirely appropriate, never intrusive or self-serving. Dispatches going up the line have received prompt attention and produced useful answers. The level of interest in the hobby is uniformly high. The overall result for this officer has been quite enjoyable. Thank you ACWGC![:)][:)][:)]

Respectfully,

<font size="4">Lt. Colonel J. Ellis
Officer Commanding
4/I AoG CSA
The War Horse Division
</font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

I sent riders with introductions to both my corps and division commanders upon being assigned my command. Both riders returned the same day, a bit put out because they weren't able to hang around HQ for the fine vittles enjoyed there.

My division commander wasted no time in directing me into maneuvers with the commander of our 1st Brigade. I am quite satisfied with the timely replies of my chain of command and their concern that I am training for battle.

My regards,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM
Bayou Devils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:52 pm 

I believe that I had a relatively unusual situation, where my trainer and I had been engaged before. Joining was pretty much perfunctory based upon prior experience.

I can say that everyone in the club that I have had occasion to communicate with have been as responsive as anywhere else, and a good deal better than some places; I have no complaints.

I can't say whereas I am all that concerned within my own army, as I am pretty self-sustaining as far as PBEM goes. I will communicate with whomever I am directed to whenever they want. I am not really too bit on the roleplaying immersion stuff, so sometimes that stuff takes a little more effort than I like to give it; but I realize that it is all in fun and how some people enjoy themselves at it.

Whenever I do the immersion stuff, I start to think of weevely hardtack and greasy corn ... and then I get over it right quick ;)

Dunno, if that answers your question, Bill -- but there it is for what it's worth.

1st LT Stephen Trauth
XVI Corps 1st Division 6th Brigade (divisional artillery)
AoT