American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Army of the Mississippi
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:21 am 
<center><font size="6"><b>Army of the Mississippi</b></font id="size6"></center>

<center>Image</center>
<font size="2"><center>The Statistics listed above are through February 28th, 2010.</center></font id="size2">

<font size="4"><center><b>Welcome to the AotM's Headquarters!</font id="size4"></b></center><center><b><font size="3">You can find the AotM web page [url="http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/AoM.html"]here[/url].</font id="size3"></b></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:26 am 
<i>An open letter about the importance of Division Cmdrs:</i>

Brig. General Evans,
Owen,

Thank you for your congratulations and the very insightful comments in your dispatch below. <salute>

I wanted to take this opportunity to address all the Division Cmdrs in the Army of the Mississippi because you touched on a very important subject. The leadership role of the Division Cmdr is the most vital command position in the AotM... or even in the Club as a whole! You gentlemen are the glue that holds the whole Club together and makes it either an entirely exciting or entirely boring place to be. If you are not fulfilling your role as a Division Cmdr... then the rest of the Chain of Command has no opportunity for success.

What do I mean by that? Here are the responsibilities of the Brigade and Division Cmdrs as stated in the Club Rules.

3.1.2.1 Brigade Commanders (“BCâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:55 am 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, now this is a fine place for a Headquarters. The gentlemen shouldn't worry too much about Nicodemus. He's house trained, although teaching him not to eat Yankee officers wasn't easy. You might want to keep an eye on your horses, however.

I don't know where the porterhouse steak story originated, as I distictly remember momma hung a link of boudin around my neck before sending me out.

Again, congratulations on your appointment to command the Army of the Mississippi. Nicodemus and I are always ready for a scrap; just give us orders and point us in a direction.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM (Bayou Devils)
Quartermaster, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:29 am 
Lt Colonel Hebert,
Neal,

Well... I reckon most folks wouldn't know what boudin was so I used something most folks would be a bit more familiar with! [:)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:32 am 

General Hulinsky,

I really like what you've done the place. I've always known you had hitherto untapped talents.

Especially that new green couch in the corner I just woke up on, was a welcome addition to the rather basic attire of before.

And I also like the new design of our former nation's flag, with the new light blue pastel and pinky stripes.

I may assume, however, that there's some booze left somewhere around here???

BG Jan Welleman
Rochefort Butternuts
Army of the Mississippi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 pm 
Brig. General Welleman,
Jan,

Why Sir... for a moment I thought you were describing the uniform of that fancy Union fella... Brig. General Drex Ringbloom! [xx(]

But then I realized you were just having fun! Yes, I think you know where the good stuff is! If not... ask that tricky Corps Cmdr of yours... Lt Colonel Nick DeStefano! [;)]

As for the Yanks... we've been serving them the watered down stuff. Nicodemus gets such a gut ache when he swallows them alcohol pickled Yanks without chewing them properly!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:38 pm 
Gentlemen,

A busy night over here in the Army of the Mississippi!

Colonel Harold Lajoie resigns as Division Cmdr of 2nd Division, I Corps and is reassigned to a Brigade in the IV Corps!

Lt Colonel Neal Hebert assumes command of 2nd Division, I Corps and makes Nicodemus his Executive Officer!

Brig. General Tim Reneau returns to the AotM after a 5 year absense! Said something to the effect that life just wasn't the same unless he was throttling Yankee Generals! (Yea... I know what you mean, Sir!) [:)] Tim is assigned to 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, I Corps!

Well... I've an appointment at Atlanta and Gettysburg... it's going to take a good horse to get me to both places tonight.

Have a good evening, gentlemen! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 pm 

Gents,

The observations and comments by General Hulinsky on the subject of Division Commanders can only but be indorsed by me. Good leadership at all levels of this club are important to it's continued succes

Brig Gen Gam McOmish
Commander of the Western Theater
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:34 pm 

Sir, my compliments! I am honored to take command of the 2nd Division, I Corps, and Nicodemus is absolutely thrilled to have been named XO. He finally has an opportunity to wear that fancy hat with the peacock feather. I believe the previous owner of the feather belonged to a Yankee guest who left their bird unattended [:D]

First order of business from the XO was that our brigade designator "Bayou Devils" be retired, and our division be designated simply "Gator Alley". Be careful where you tread; something may jump up and bite you.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Div, I Corps, AotM
"Gator Alley"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 am 
Gentlemen,

It's my pleasure to announce that Major Hampus Drott has been appointed as the Executive Officer (XO) for the Fourth Cavalry Corps by Lt Colonel Nick DeStefano!

Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:43 pm 

Major Drott <salute>

Hampus, my congratulations on your appointment! I am in your debt for volunteering to be one of the first Lieutenant's Cup participants, and we have even crossed swords in maneuvers. Lt Col DeStefano has made an excellent choice, and I see great things in store for the IV Corps.

My compliments sir!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM (Gator Alley)
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:50 pm 

Well done for stepping up Major Drott!

Brig Gen Gam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:30 am 

Gentlemen, if I may I'd like to announce the promotion of a fellow officer from the 2nd Division, I Corps, AotM. Rob Hardee has been promoted to the rank of Colonel, and I am thrilled to see it. Rob recruited me into the ACWGC and has been a good friend since we first gamed against each other.

Rob, congratulations on your promotion!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
"Gator Alley"
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

As you all know... promotions above the rank of Colonel have to be approved by the ACWGC Cabinet. There are a numer of requirements that have to be met in order for an Officer to be considered. They have to meet a required level of OBD Points, they have to Muster regularly, they have to be holding a command position and they have to have the recommendation of their superior Officers.

It is my great pleasure to announce that three Officer's in the Army of the Mississippi have met all these requirements and have received final approval for promotion. Please join me in congratulating the following fine Officer's.

<center><b>ATTENTION TO ORDERS!</b></center>

<center><u>LT GENERAL Mike Laabs</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Mike, It's a pleasure having you serve as the III Corps Cmdr here in the AotM and it great to see your efforts recognized by the Club Cabinet. Keep up the good work! <salute>

<center><u>MAJOR GENERAL Jan Welleman</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Jan, I apoligize for the delay in you promotion! I know that we've been waiting for this announcement for a couple months now! Now that the day has finally arrived... I can finally break open that case of Rochefort 10 that I've been holding onto for this occassion. And now we get to celebrate with some other well deserving Officers! <salute>

<center><u>BRIG. GENERAL Harold LaJoie</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Harold, congratulations on your promotion, Sir! Now you are among those who've lived long enough and worked hard enough to be called "General". Thanks for you devotion to the Club and everything that you have contributed through the Tournaments that you have hosted. <salute>

Thank you to General Tisdale and the ACWGC Cabinet for their approval of these awards and to Brig. General Cam McOmish for his role in making sure that they were processed and passed back down to our men in a timely fashion!

Three Cheers for the Western Theater and the AotM!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 am 

Congratulations sirs, it does my heart good to see this army rise once again, keep up the fine work. SALUTE!

GEN. Tony Malone

"Do your duty in all things, You can never do more, You should never wish to do less".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next