American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 pm 

Shhhhh General Thompson those 1800 Reb Cav units are just huntin' wrabbits in your backyard near Pittsburg Landing [:D]. Ohh and also were trying to find the missing Medicine Chest of General Hooper, the last to have it was either General Hulinsky or General McOmish they either drank I mean used the medicine that was contained in it. Was reported to have been some very fine 25 yr old single malt scotch, can you say smoooooooooooooooooooooth [:)] But then again General Laub, General Mallory and General Ludwig may have gotten their mitts on it and are now drunk, passed out and in some trench on some far off battlefield. Who knows, only the Shadow Knows :^)

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 am 
Major General Thompson,
Pat,

Well Sir... I see that you yourself have been awarded some fancy hardware here at the Mason Dixon just recently! [:)]

I have thought about starting to award some of our Yankee friends medals too! The idea is still in the testing phase. Lt General Rusty Hodgkiss is working with me on the project at Second Bull Run. We're trying to get some sort of unique snowflake effect medal to form as the minnie balls disintegrate on the chests of Union soldiers. I must say we've been largely unsuccessful as 1800 Yank infantry have fallen dead after only 6 turns of trying. But I saw continue my attempts until General Hodgkiss loses heart for such a costly business adventure! [;)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 am 
Gentlemen,

Each month the Army of the Mississippi awards the AotM "Citation for Gallantry" to the Officer who has the most completed victory turns versus Union opponents. Our award winner for the month of December is Major General Owen Evans! Major General Evans had a combined total of 214 victory turns in 3 separate battles! That was three Major Victories! An outstanding effort! Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

<center>Here is your ribbon, which has been posted to the AotM web page!</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>And your Certificate of Award.</center>

<center>Image</center>

Keep up the fight, Sir!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:23 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the AotM Outstanding Division Award to Colonel Neal Hebert!

<center>Image</center>

This Award recognizes a Division Commander's "All-Around" contributions to his Division and the Army of the Mississippi in a wide variety of ways. This prestigious award is only presented twice a year... in July and January. I have chosen to recognize Colonel Hebert because of his activity in so many different ways.

He has never failed to Muster In since the reestablishment of the AotM Muster system. He is active in numerous engagements against the enemy and involved in maneuvers within the AotM. He was a Participant in the KotH Tournament. As the 2nd Division Cmdr, in I Corps... Neal is continuously looking out for the welfare of the other Officer's in his Division. The task of a Division Cmdr is a burdensome one... and all of us are most appreciative of what he does on behalf of all of us!

I receive regular dispatches from Colonel Hebert with things ranging from the making of requests for corrections to the DoR to soliciting multiplayer battles for his men against our Union opponents. Colonel Hebert took it upon himself to learn HTML so that he could build a web page for his Division and he has spent many hours building Officer Dossiers for each one of his Officers. He has also designed a battle flag for each one of the Brigades under his command.

The Army of the Mississippi has many fine Division Commanders but in my estimate Colonel Hebert is setting a very high standard for all of us to follow. Here is your Award, Sir! I've posted it to the AotM web page for you!

<center>Image</center>

I very much appreciate all your efforts in helping make Second Division "Gator Alley"... the Division that it is today! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 am 
Gentlemen,

The following Officer has earned AotM Purple Heart for the month of December 2009. Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

This AotM Award is awarded monthly and recognizes the AotM Officer who has completed the most turns of battle in a specific month in a losing effort. Since the ACWGC is not a Ladder Club, based merely upon wins alone... we are recognizing those Officers who are completing significant numbers of turns even though their efforts end up as victories for their opponents. On many occasions our Officers encounter difficult scenarios where victory is unobtainable but they dutifully move forward and engage their Union foes... fighting honorably to the bitter end. This sort of behavior is to be Highly Commended by both sides of the Club! As Commandant Waylon Hughes Jr at VMI says... "It's better to win a friend than a battle!"

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Colonel Robert Hardee</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Colonel Hardee, thank you for bringing the battle to the enemy! I admire your persistence and devotion to the cause and everything else that you do for the Club in your service within the First Corps!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:23 am 

Colonel Hebert, Colonel Hardee and General Evans <salute>

Congratulations on your awards. The Western Command and the Confederacy appreciate your efforts

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:29 am 

General Hulinsky sir!

Fear not! I shant lose heart! I figure that I have more men than you rebs have bullets...so on we come. Besides, I didn't join this here club to dance...I came to fight.

I must admit though...a pretty snowflake medal would look good on my chest! Shoot...what doesn't look good on me? LOL!!!

If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.
- General Phil Sheridan

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm 

Major General Evans <salute>

Sir, my congratulations on your accomplishment and recognition! I am proud to serve alongside you in I Corps and look forward to our service together.

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:44 pm 

Colonel Hardee <salute>

Sir, you are a fighter and a couple of setbacks do not change that! Keep up the fire sir; You do 2nd Division proud.

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:01 pm 

General Hulinsky,

Just stopping in for a cold brew on my way to Davis Bridge. I can't stay long, though - That scoundrel Ned Sims done whooped my troops at Corinth (our second battle in a campaign there) and I'm trying to skeedaddle with what remains of my army ...

*quaffs a mug and heads out the door*

Your humble servant,
Gen. 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 am 
General Mallory,

I've taken a whipping or two from that scoundrel Neddy Simms myself.

The problem with Neddy is that he was a former Reb... and he took the Confederate Playbook with him when he crossed over to the "dark side"! Otherwise, he'd be mediocre at best. Sort of like the Tennessee Volunteers were this last year in football! [;)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:23 pm 

Sirs:
Thank you sincerely for the AotM Purple Heart award!I am honered,however I do prefer medals for victorys..lol.I will have to work on that[:D],thanks again!

With my warmest regards,
Col.Robert Hardee
4/2/1st Corp
AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:37 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

It seems we are having a bit of a contest between the Division's of the Army of the Mississippi!

The contest is to see which AotM Division can be the first get ALL of it's Officer's to post here in the AotM HQ between January 20th and January 31st. The winning Division will get to fly the AotM Guidon (pictured below) over their Division HeadQuarters.

<center>Image</center>

Now maybe that might not seem like a whole lot of motivation for you... but I should further add that which ever Division has the AotM Guidon flying over it's Division HQ... is also entitled to FREE DRINKS here in the Mason Dixon Tavern for the entire month of February. (Of course, except when you're out on the battlefield fighting Yanks!)

Also... as our Officer's are stopping in... they are supposed to answer the following questions.

<font color="green"><b>Who is your favorite historical Union Officer in the American Civil War? And why?</b></font id="green">

and...

<font color="orange"><b>Who is your favorite Union Officer in the American Civil War Game Club? And why?</b></font id="orange">

Since I always get FREE DRINKS here at the Mason Dixon because I'm an Army Cmdr... I can't compete in the contest but I will answer the questions anyway.

<font color="green">My favorite Union Officer in the Civil War is George Armstrong Custer. I'm partial to cavalry and being raised in Nebraska... I grew up with stories of Custer fighting native American's out here on the Great Plains. I think Custer had the sort of personality that you either loved him or you hated him. I'm not sure which side I would have been on if I'd have served under him but I'm pretty darned sure we'd have seen some action. George did pretty well in that department... well until the Little Bighorn!</font id="green"> [;)]

<font color="orange">My favorite Union Officer in our Club? Now that is a tough one. There's a lot and lots of guys over there that I really like. But since I have to pick only one... today I'll pick Lt General Rusty Hodgkiss. (After all, he did buy my lunch at Friendly's in Gettysburg!)

Rusty's sort of like an old Timex watch... he takes a licking but keeps on ticking. He sends his Yanks forward and I mow them down wave after wave! It makes my job as a Confederate Commander pretty easy... "Reload, boys, reload!" [:p] Rusty also has a fine sense of humor... taking the good along with the bad! I see why his wife married him... he's dependable, funny looking and always good for a laugh!</font id="orange"> [;)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 pm 

Awww...General Hulinsky...I love you too. LOL! You just keep those guns loaded, and I'll keep sending guys who aren't in the campaign after this battle, to get shot. =)

Seriously though...you n the Mrs. can swing by here some summer, and I'll take you to see Custer's birthplace. Right down the road from me. Drives me up a wall to hear how he was from Mi...Mi...I can't say the word, but you know where. Looking for some good Custer reading? Try Custer Victorious. It's about him to the end of the Civil War. Pretty danged good cavalry commander.

If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.
- General Phil Sheridan

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 pm 

Well if General Mallory is stopping in for a beer, then that knocks him out of knowing or having General Hooper's medicine chest. Guess that leaves General Laub or General Ludwig [:D]. There are a few ACWGC Yankee Officers that are alright, there's General, and Col., and Capt., and Lt Gen. but there's also General Laub, General Thompson, Col. Brewster, BG McOmish [:p]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next