American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 am 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, my compliments! I'm throwing my hat in hoping to win free drinks for a month for 2nd Division, although I don't know how much fighting might occur with us all in here getting fit-shaced for a month [xx(]

I really don't have much knowledge of the Yankee generals from the Civil War, although from a southern perspective I suppose McClellan deserves a vote. General Al "Ambush" Amos once remarked something to the effect that "any fool can push 100,000 troops to victory". McClellan was obviously not just "any fool" [:0]

My favorite ACWGC Yankee general would have to be General Hodgkiss. He hangs around the AotM HQ so much we might have to give him an honorary membership, or at least discounts on his drinks [:D]

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:02 pm 

Drink discounts! Now THAT is what I'm talking about!!!!!

If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.
- General Phil Sheridan

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:01 pm 

Hmmmm, very weird... you all love Gen Hodgkiss...

Well, it's good that the Rebs love him, cuz nobody over here seems to admit to it...

Drink discounts???? You have to pay for some before you can get a discount!!!!

Oh, hey Roger... how about making me a XIX Corps flag... or maybe I should take the one of the II Corps ANV, that we captured in our game...

oops... shouldn't have said that... can't imagine what I'll get now...

Cheers!!!!

Lt. General Thompson
XIX Corps,
Army of the Shenandoah

"That's damn ungenerous! I shall take those guns for that!"

-General Phil Sheridan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:58 pm 

Gentlemen,

Favorite Historical Union Officer - Major General George Thomas - Army of the Cumberland. Although he hailed from Virginia, where his sisters turned his portrait face to the wall, he was an exceptional tactician, always reliable and competent. He saved the Federal forces at Chickamauga from utter destruction, and served well for the rest of the war.

Don't know any of the Union officers that frequent this tavern to well. Not sure I want to know them! I have heard some pretty disparaging remarks about the AOS boys from General Hulinsky and his word is good enough for me. Matter of fact, I think General Hulinsky turned the picture in the tavern of Lt General Thompson face to the wall, not because he hailed from Virginia, it's just that everyone who looked on it lost their beer!!!

BG Tim Reneau
1st Brigade/2nd Div/1st Corps
Army of the Mississippi
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neal Hebert</i>
I really don't have much knowledge of the Yankee generals from the Civil War, although from a southern perspective I suppose McClellan deserves a vote. General Al "Ambush" Amos once remarked something to the effect that "any fool can push 100,000 troops to victory". McClellan was obviously not just "any fool" [:0]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Of course, McClellan confronted a least 200,000 Rebs. Against such odds, even a fool might fail with just 100,000. [:p]

<center>Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
[url="http://www.acwgc-usa.org/"]Image[/url]
<i>"... and keep moving on."</i>
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:15 am 

My favorite Yankee (Sounds like a TV show- boy am I showing my age). The historical kind is John Buford the cavalry commander at Gettysburg. Especially if he was as cool as Sam Elliot. As for a real life Yankee from the dark side it has to be DS Walter. Imagine having to deal with all those yankees! My sympathy.

Brig. Gen. Tom Moore CSA
5th(Moore's Tenn. Brig.)
2nd Div.,I Corp
Army of the Mississippi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tom Moore</i>
The historical kind is John Buford the cavalry commander at Gettysburg. Especially if he was as cool as Sam Elliot.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

D'accord. Though he is way cooler IMO in "Rough Riders".

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
As for a real life Yankee from the dark side it has to be DS Walter. Imagine having to deal with all those yankees! My sympathy.

[:D]

<center>Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 pm 

Tim,

I got to agree with you on George Thomas. Perhaps the most under appreciated general the Union had. He did a fine job smashing Hood's army to pieces.

Lt. Col. Chris Newcomb
2/2/I AotM CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 am 
Gentlemen,

Hummm... some very interesting comments indeed!

Why even General Walter is stopping in and making some comments! (Somebody shoot him... quick! If we can't take him on the battlefield... maybe we can take him our own the Tavern? Wouldn't that be a strange turn of events! [:p])

I had to chuckle at Brig. General Reneau's comments about turning Lt General Thompson's portrait to the wall! That is quite funny! (Has anyone checked to see who's picture is on the back of the dart board here in our HQ? [;)])

Lt General Thompson... I shall make you a flag. Give me a day or two... and I'll make the presentation. I'd hate for you to take the II Corps of the ANV's flag... they'd miss it greatly!

BTW... has anyone seen Lt General Bertolino this morning? I heard he had a really smug smile on his face since his Saints won the game yesterday! [:D]

Have a great week, gents!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:08 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
Why even General Walter is stopping in and making some comments!

General: If you insist of having your "tavern" as an informal gathering in the middle of the MDT with no outside walls, you can't well mind if some of the bystanders overhear your talk and may feel inclined to comment. As for myself, I was just on my way down to visit the necessaries and since I had to pass through your group anyway I thought I might as well reply, out of common courtesy, when I heard young General Moore mention my name! [;)]

<center>Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 am 
General Walter,

You are always most welcome, Sir... regardless of what I say in jest! [:)]

It's very good for the Army of the Mississippi's younger Officer's to have a good idea of what you look like in person... so that when they spy you through their field glasses on the battlefield... they'll know exactly who they are telling their sharpshooter to target! [;)]

Have the boys shown you where our secret stash of TP is on your way to the WC? Help yourself whenever you are passing through! We are great supporters of good Yankee hygiene!

We've been working on Lt General Hodgkiss for a long time and he's making great progess! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:46 pm 

General Walter <salute>

Sir, we have no walls in the hope that bystanders will overhear and comment. Adds a little fuel to the fire sometimes [:D]

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:11 pm 
[quote]<i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>

"This AotM Award is awarded monthly and recognizes the AotM Officer who has completed the most turns of battle in a specific month in a losing effort. Since the ACWGC is not a Ladder Club, based merely upon wins alone... we are recognizing those Officers who are completing significant numbers of turns even though their efforts end up as victories for their opponents. On many occasions our Officers encounter difficult scenarios where victory is unobtainable but they dutifully move forward and engage their Union foes... fighting honorably to the bitter end."

<font face="Script MT Bold">Send me all your Purple Heart winners and I'll see to it that they earn a second Purple Heart.</font id="Script MT Bold">
MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:23 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

I haven't been by the Wildlife and Fisheries office lately; when does Groce season open? [:D]

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:30 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neal Hebert</i>
<br />General Hulinsky <salute>

I haven't been by the Wildlife and Fisheries office lately; when does Groce season open? [:D]

Groce is not an endangered species(not by rebs anyway), so season runs year long.[8D]

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next