American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 pm 

Sirs:
My favorite Yankee was John "BlackJack Logan.He was a huge man well over 6ft tall and weighed over 300lbs.He was once wounded, the ball entering near one of his armpits and passing thru both lungs and exiting near his other armpit.The surgeons said it was a mortal wound and no one could survive it.He pronouced that he chose to "put his case on record" and he did recover..lol

My favotite Reb was Brig. Gen. Bryan Grimes,his plantation is about 15 miles from my house and is still a working farm near Grimesland,NC.

He was murdered by Yankee carpetbaggers sometime after the war.I could go on tell the storys my Grandmother used to tell about General Grimes,but I will save that for another post..lol

Sincerely,
Col.Robert Hardee
4th Brigade "Hardee`s Tarheel Brigade"
2nd Division "Gator Alley"
1st Corp
Army of the Mississippi

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 am 
Major General Groce,
Sir,

I've noticed a very funny thing about many of our Purple Heart winners, Sir!

One month they win the Purple Heart and the next month they win the AotM Citation for Gallantry! A good case in point is Colonel Hardee. He's won both awards now and who know which one he'll attempt to win in January! Either way... he one of the fightingiest Officer's I know! [;)]

Maybe it's all because of those stories he heard about Brig. General Grimes as a child! I'm rather looking forward to hearing some of those tales... they sound great!

The best thing about Open Season on Groce's... is that it doesn't cost you anything to buy a permit! [:p]

General Leonidas Polk
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:42 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, the latest intelligence states that in addition to no cost, there is no bag limit on Groce either. Kill as many as you like [:D]

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 pm 

I'm getting confused. What is the difference between Groce and Snipe? I go snipe hunting every year.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsimms</i>
<br />I'm getting confused. What is the difference between Groce and Snipe? I go snipe hunting every year.
Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is no difference, just like the snipe, Groce has never been captured.

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Div
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

Please allow me to introduce you to the newest Officer in the Army of the Mississippi. Fld Lt James Foster graduated from the Vicksburg Military Institute with honors and was assigned to our Army last night. Fld Lt Foster has further taken command of the 5th Brigade, 4th Division, Fourth Cavalry Corps under the command of Colonel Nick DeStefano and Lt Colonel Hampus Drott.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Fld Lt Foster and present him with the AotM Service Medal.

<center><b>FRONT AND CENTER!!!</b></center>

<center><u>Fld Lt James Foster</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, it's a pleasure having you serve as an Officer in the AotM and I'm sure I'll be making numerous awards on your behalf in the days and months ahead. <salute>

Three Cheers for the Western Theater and the AotM!

General Leonidas Polk
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:16 am 

Welcome aboard, Fld. Lt. Foster. Enjoy your time in the cavalry. You're in a good outfit, from top to bottom (uh, no pun intended). I too was a horse soldier. But dang, a man goes AWOL for a few months and he will find himself in the infantry so fast it will make his head swim. [:0]

MG Jon Hooper
1st Div, I Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:20 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsimms</i>
<br />I'm getting confused. What is the difference between Groce and Snipe? I go snipe hunting every year.

Lt Gen Ned Simms

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I thought snipe was grouse?

MG Jon Hooper
1st Div, I Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:07 pm 

Fld. Lt. Foster <salute>

Welcome to the Western Theater and to the club. Have fun, because that is why we are all here[:)]

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 pm 

Jon: That is a Groce insult (my apologies to David).

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Commanding 2nd Div, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 pm 

MG Hooper Suh,
Not only do you go from a horsie rider to a footies soldier, you also lost your beloved Medicine Chest [:D] or did General McOmish borrow it [;)]. Welcome aboard Lt. Foster mossy on down to the Pine Tree Inn and have yore fill, General Hulinsky has some deeeeeep pockets and full of Yankee Gold [:0]. I'd give my interpretation on what a snipe is but we have Marines here and wouldn't what to hurt their feelings [:(!]. Lt. Foster enjoy your time in the Club

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:50 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Jon: That is a Groce insult (my apologies to David).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Drex: That was baaaad!! [:p]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Not only do you go from a horsie rider to a footies soldier, you also lost your beloved Medicine Chest or did General McOmish borrow it . <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Field Lt. Foster, Lt. General Bastiani brings up a very good point. Do not leave valuables (like medicine/whiskey) unattended. While I was away from my tent reviewing the troops (bunch of ground-pounders), some thieving scoundrels took a chest containing medicinal supplies from my tent. I'm not sure who committed this dastardly deed, but shortly after the theft I noticed a certain general having problems walking and talking.

MG Jon Hooper
1st Div, I Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:46 pm 

Field Lieutenant Foster <salute>

Sir, welcome to the Army of the Mississippi! I apologize for the antics going on around you, however you should realize that we are headquartered in a tavern; just consider the Yankees as sort of a family pet. They can be a bother at times, however are useful when you feel the need to kick something around the room [:D]

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:03 pm 

Gents there have been a lot of awards given out over the past month and some new faces in the fine Army of Mississippi, so how about we get General Hulinsky to open his wallet and we give it a good old southern thrashing. I say we all meet at the The Pine Mountain Inn for a BBQ and beers, bring the yanks as well[:D][8D]

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 pm 

General Hooper Suh,
General McOmish and I was only sampling the contents of said chest [:D], but I did notice that Col. Hebert and his pet gator weren't walking and talking too good and that's my story and I'm sticking too it [:p]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next