American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:40 am 
Gentlemen,

The AotM's "King of the Hill" Tournament entered it's Final Round of Competition today. The Final Match is between Major General Owen Evans and Major General Bert Daniel of 3rd Division, I Corps for KotH Championship Honors! Good luck to both of these fine gentlemen in the Final Round!

As a result of the completion of Round Four... I have a couple Medals to award.

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>Lt General Lawrence Bertolino</center>
<center>Colonel Neal Hebert</center>

Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to award both of you an AotM "King of the Hill" Tournament - Round Three Winner Medal. Only two of these will be awarded throughout the course of the Tournament... so they are highly prized and it is an honor to have them awarded to you. Thank you for your participation and congratulations on your successes in the "King of the Hill" Tournament! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:18 am 
Officers of the Army of the Mississippi,

I am taking this opportunity to announce a change of command within the First Division, I Corps!

As of February 17, 1861... Lt Colonel Sascha Marx is assuming command of the First Division and Major General Jon Hooper is assuming command of Lt Colonel Marx's former Brigade (1B/1D/IC, AotM). Lt General Mark Adams and myself are very excited about the Change of Command as it's great to see the younger Officers in the Army of the Mississippi kicking us "old dogs" out and taking charge of things. We certainly welcome new thoughts, insights and energy in the way we do things around here in the Army of the Mississippi!

Of course, we must not give Major General Hooper... our resident Oklahoma Sooner fan too much grief! Everyone who knows Jon... knows what a great guy he is regardless of his errant college football associations. Jon has been a great friend of the Army of the Mississippi and I'll continue to do my best to kick him around and abuse him whenever I can. [;)]

Major General Hooper actually approached me and asked if he might step down as First Division Cmdr because he has two of his sons playing baseball and Jon is very involved in that and has been helping out with the coaching, etc. It would have been pretty hard to be the SUPER DAD Jon is and still do everything he wanted to do as the First Division Cmdr. So I entirely support Jon in his decision and expect to hear all about the boys and all their successes on the ball field!

Congratulations to Lt Colonel Marx on his new command and many thanks to Major General Hooper for his service to the AotM as a Division Cmdr over the past few years! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am 

Colonel Hebert,

Sir, thank you for those very fine words. It is an honor and a real pleasure to serve in one of the finest fighting divisions in the Confederacy!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neal Hebert</i>
<br />Gentlemen <salute>

Brigadier General Reneau is an excellent brigade commander and I am thrilled to have him as a member of "Gator Alley". He fights a mean battle, is always available when called upon for advice or a scrap with the Yankees, and is a joy to have in 2nd Division. The award is well-deserved and he has my most sincere congratulations!

White Oak Mountain!

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

BG Tim Reneau
1st Brigade/2nd Div/1st Corps
Army of the Mississippi
CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 am 

A toast gentlemen!

Hurrah for these two fine officers who have represented the AotM so well in recent tournament matches! Well Done Sirs! <Salute>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />Gentlemen,

The AotM's "King of the Hill" Tournament entered it's Final Round of Competition today. The Final Match is between Major General Owen Evans and Major General Bert Daniel of 3rd Division, I Corps for KotH Championship Honors! Good luck to both of these fine gentlemen in the Final Round!

As a result of the completion of Round Four... I have a couple Medals to award.

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>Lt General Lawrence Bertolino</center>
<center>Colonel Neal Hebert</center>

Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to award both of you an AotM "King of the Hill" Tournament - Round Three Winner Medal. Only two of these will be awarded throughout the course of the Tournament... so they are highly prized and it is an honor to have them awarded to you. Thank you for your participation and congratulations on your successes in the "King of the Hill" Tournament! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

BG Tim Reneau
Army of the Mississippi
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:04 am 

Valor Above All!

Officers of the AotM!

I just concluded an exciting maneuver match with fellow 2nd Division Officer Colonel Robert Hardee. With the issue in doubt for much of the match "Fight'in Rob Hardee" finally surrendered near the end as the reinforcement gods were not with him this day. His play was steadfast and consistent throughout and his turnaround time very quick making for a wonderfully fast paced game. Well played sir. I thank him for the match and look forward to meeting the man from the "tarheel" state in the future on a field of his choice.

<Salute>

BG Tim Reneau
Army of the Mississippi
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 am 
Officer's of the Army of the Mississippi,

Where is Lt General Hodgkiss? Surely he is here in some dark corner placing drink after drink on my tab, is he not? Perhaps he has already passed out? [xx(] Rusty, where are you?

Well anyway... it's my pleasure to announce that I have learned GREAT THINGS about artillery from my esteemed friends over in the AoS over the past few weeks and months. Perhaps you remember Rusty's earlier post here in our midst...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RTHodge</i>

I am glad that you were having horse trouble, and didn't quit our game. I was enjoying shooting my arty. at your tattermuffins. =)

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Well, as it is... my boys surely didn't like being called "tattermuffins" and they certainly didn't like the deadly crossfire that Lt General Hodgkiss's artillery was pouring down upon us from all sides. So we decided to tuck tail and run into the cover and concealment of the woods and then we waited for the boys in blue to come to us.

And they DID come... thousands and thousands of them and as they crossed the wide open fields of Antietam we fired round after round of canister at them. But they kept coming and disrupting and routing but ever moving forward. The fires were murderous and yet the boys in blue followed their esteemed leader... Lt General Hodgkiss across the fields... up the hill... over the railroad cut and into the woods where we were hiding.

But alas... our artillery fire was too much for them and the gallant boys in blue followed their esteemed leader off the battlefield and surrendered the field to the boys of the Army of Mississippi... a Major Victory for us... but a very bloody affair all around!

I will always be haunted by sight of the 6000+ Yankee soldiers that so gallantly gave up their lives for honor and country on this day! I shall not forget the hours and hours we spent under the hot sun burying the Yankee dead. <salute>

Another glorious Major Victory for the Confederacy and the AotM! YeeHaw!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 am 

<font size="6"><center>Hey there Army of the Misfits! </center></font id="size6">

<center><font size="6">How y'all doin'?</font id="size6"></center>

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
1st Div, I Corps, AoP, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:05 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />Officer's of the Army of the Mississippi,

Where is Lt General Hodgkiss? Surely he is here in some dark corner placing drink after drink on my tab, is he not? Perhaps he has already passed out? [xx(] Rusty, where are you?

Well anyway... it's my pleasure to announce that I have learned GREAT THINGS about artillery from my esteemed friends over in the AoS over the past few weeks and months. Perhaps you remember Rusty's earlier post here in our midst...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RTHodge</i>

I am glad that you were having horse trouble, and didn't quit our game. I was enjoying shooting my arty. at your tattermuffins. =)

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Well, as it is... my boys surely didn't like being called "tattermuffins" and they certainly didn't like the deadly crossfire that Lt General Hodgkiss's artillery was pouring down upon us from all sides. So we decided to tuck tail and run into the cover and concealment of the woods and then we waited for the boys in blue to come to us.

And they DID come... thousands and thousands of them and as they crossed the wide open fields of Antietam we fired round after round of canister at them. But they kept coming and disrupting and routing but ever moving forward. The fires were murderous and yet the boys in blue followed their esteemed leader... Lt General Hodgkiss across the fields... up the hill... over the railroad cut and into the woods where we were hiding.

But alas... our artillery fire was too much for them and the gallant boys in blue followed their esteemed leader off the battlefield and surrendered the field to the boys of the Army of Mississippi... a Major Victory for us... but a very bloody affair all around!

I will always be haunted by sight of the 6000+ Yankee soldiers that so gallantly gave up their lives for honor and country on this day! I shall not forget the hours and hours we spent under the hot sun burying the Yankee dead. <salute>

Another glorious Major Victory for the Confederacy and the AotM! YeeHaw!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Every good general has a bad day[;)]

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Commanding 2nd Div, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:19 am 

General Hulinsky,

In this era of full disclosure I believe you should post the Draws, and Losses your Misfits suffer at the hands of the various armies of the North. I would hate for your propaganda... uh ... I mean poster at the top of this thread to mislead anyone. For all we know those 14 vitories against Union Armies you boast of is offset by 1,400 Defeats!

[:D]

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
1st Div, I Corps, AoP, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I mean poster at the top of this thread to mislead anyone. For all we know those 14 vitories against Union Armies you boast of is offset by 1,400 Defeats!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm afraid my battle record does hurt our winning average somewhat. [B)]

MG Jon Hooper
Choctaw Rifles/1st Div/I Corps/AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 am 

Greetings Sirs<salute>,

Me and Tim Reneau just finished a maneuver.He got on my flank at the start and held the initiative the rest of the way..lol.Tim`s a very skillful player and a great guy![8D]

Col.Robert Hardee
4th Brigade "Hardee`s Tarheel Brigade"
2nd Division "Gator Alley"
1st Corp
Army of the Mississippi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:21 am 

Roger,

Since your men are afraid to play us again in a MP game...

And, I'm looking for some easy victories... Is there anyone in your army who will play me? I like Campaigns, but will do battles also. I just don't like the little ones as much.

Regards,

Lt. General Thompson
XIX Corps,
Army of the Shenandoah

"That's damn ungenerous! I shall take those guns for that!"

-General Phil Sheridan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 pm 
Lt General Thompson,
Pat,

Why Sir... I <u>KNOW</u> we are not afraid to play you in an MPG... so I'm not sure what you are talking about. When was an offer put on the table? [?] I believe it was Lt General Simms who didn't want to follow up on the last MPG that we played together.

And as for your picking up a game... I don't think anyone in the AotM knew you were looking for a game. We have many fine Officer's that are always looking for battles! I highly recommend Lt General Thompson as a MOST WORTHY opponent... someone in the AoS was remarking to me the other day that he did not think Pat had EVER been defeated in one-on-one combat. Is that correct, Pat?

Pat, let's see if some worthy AotM Officer takes up your challenge... if not... I think I could squeeze in another battle! I'd be happy to break that string of victories you've got going! [;)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:23 pm 

General Hulinsky Sir!!

Since I cannot track down the written record of my asking for fights, maybe you are right. Paperwork... woof!! I know Gen Simms had passed on that MP game, but I thought we had offered more challenges...

Anyway, my offer for a campaign is still open (or a battle). I need someone to teach me humility. My humbleosity is lagging.

btw... Gen Bastiani is the only AoM officer to have handed me a defeat, a minor one during the Shiloh campaign.

Regards to all...

Lt. General Thompson
XIX Corps,
Army of the Shenandoah

"That's damn ungenerous! I shall take those guns for that!"

-General Phil Sheridan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 pm 

Col. Hardee Suh,
By the color of your flag you must be a Chapel Hill Fan [:D]. Myself I'm surround by Duke Fanantics [:D], living down here in Pender County.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next