American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:47 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

I am greatly honored to have even been considered for this award, much less to receive it.

It is an honor to serve as a division commander in the Army of the Mississippi and on the staff of the Vicksburg Military Institute. Any success I might achieve is due to the excellent officers of the 2nd Division, I Corps, and the graduates of VMI for allowing me to introduce them to the field of battle against the Yankee invaders.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:31 am 
Gentlemen,

Lt General Mark Adams, the AotM's I Corps Cmdr and talented Graphics Designer has done it again! YeeHaw! I had dropped him a note asking him if he would make us some new Flags for I & III Corps as the old ones were out of date. (Old technology... certainly not due to damage inflicted by the Yanks!) [;)]

Well... here's his work! I thought I'd share it with you!

<center>Image</center>

<center>Image</center>

Very nice! Thank you, Sir! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:43 am 
Major General Thompson,
Pat,

I feel your pain, Sir! I know all about sitting around waiting for game files to come in! [:(]

Why I believe you were supposed to be working up some sort of rematch for our MPG game versus the AoS... but those Yanks simply disappeared! Then Lt General Hodgkiss and I were supposed to be fighting a battle at Antietam... but after I nearly whipped him in our of last battle... where all the odds were enormously in his favor... I guess he decided to call it quits and avoid a future loss. [B)]

But I do have a few good battles going on at the moment. General Perrenod is always prompt with the game file but he'd whipped me so many times I needed a break to restore my deflated ego. [;)] I've got a battle against Major General Groce and company at Atlanta. A campaign at Chancellorsville against Colonel Benjamin. A battle with Brig. General Drex Ringbloom at Chickamauga (he's doing very well I might add) and a battle with General Mullins at Chancellorsville also. These games are moving along quite well.

I know there's a number of Tournaments and Campaigns coming up. I'm thinking we'll all be hotly engaged shortly!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:03 pm 

Fear not Roger! General Hodgkiss will be along directly. I'm currently the prettiest girl at the dance...(The whole AoM wants a piece of me it seems.)...but the dance card is slimming down, and I'll be along.

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm 

General Hodgkiss <salute>

Sir, my highest regards!

That face in a poodle skirt does not encourage me to attend the dance [:D]

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:39 pm 

Nick...the face may not...but the legs!!!!

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."

VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:22 pm 

General Hodgkiss <salute>

Sir, my highest compliments!

Nicodemus does appreciate smooth and shaply legs, however a Yankee general? The thought of privates in your army lined up with dollar bills just doesn't seem right [:0]

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:09 am 
Lt General Hodgkiss,
Rusty,

Have you ever wondered about what's being said around Confederate Campfires at night? Well, I thought I'd let you and your Yankee friends listen in for once. I think you'll find it quite refreshing! [;)]

You can either go to the AotM [url="http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/AoM.html"]HQ[/url] to listen or you can click [url="http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/sound/Hodgkiss.mp3"]here[/url] and it should open up the file with Windows Media Player for you. It'll take a minute or two to load via either option.

Come back again! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:01 am 

I laughed so hard that tears were coming down until I remembered they were talking about my Corps Commander! Well. too late now, those tears have been shed. Sorry Rusty. It ain't true about the pension and all is it? Say it isn't so.

MG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr, 2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 pm 

Something is amiss. Who ever heard of a Rebel campfire discussion without a single belch or fart!

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 pm 

Roger!!!

Outstanding! That was seriously some funny stuff! The good wife Carrie Ann got a good chuckle even, though she insists that you have too much time on your hands.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

VIII AoS

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:33 pm 
Gentlemen,

The following Officer has earned AotM Purple Heart for the month of October 2009. Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

This AotM Award is awarded monthly and recognizes the AotM Officer who has completed the most turns of battle in a specific month in a losing effort. Since the ACWGC is not a Ladder Club, based merely upon wins alone... I wanted to recognize those Officers who are completing significant numbers of turns even though their efforts end up as victories for their opponents. On many occasions our Officers encounter difficult scenarios where victory is unobtainable but yet they dutifully move forward and engage their Union foes... fighting honorably to the bitter end. This sort of behavior is to be Highly Commended on both sides of the Club! As the Commandant at VMI says... "It's better to win a friend than a battle!"

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Major General Jim Pfluecke</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

General Pfluecke, thank you for bringing the battle to the enemy!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:42 pm 

General Pfluecke <salute>

Sir, my highest compliments! Your honorable efforts in defense of the South are appreciated, no doubt against a superior force with unlimited resources.

My division salutes your efforts, sir!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:57 pm 
Gentlemen,

I've just received news of some more promotions from the WTC Headquarters. The AotM has another officer who has been promoted to Captain!

This time our newly promoted Officer is from the III Corps! Lt General Laabs... would you please wrangle up Sascha Marx? Thank you, Sir! <salute>

<b><center>FRONT & CENTER</center></b>

<center><b>CAPTAIN SASCHA MARX</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sascha... Congratulations on your promotion to Captain. I hope I'll have the pleasure of pinning the rank of Major on you shortly! I hear you are in a hot engagement with Major General Drex Ringbloom. A fine Union Officer but don't let that keep you from whipping him!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 pm 
Gentlemen,

Please join me in welcoming Major General David Peek who is returning to the AotM after a lengthy sabatical. General Peek is a veteran Officer with 5 Years of Prior service in the Army of the Mississippi. He is taking command of 3rd Bde, 2nd Division, I Corps under the command of Lt Col Neal Hebert.

I'm a bit of a card player... and it looks to me that Colonel Hebert is developing a bit of a stacked deck in his Division there. If I were the Yanks... I'd be really careful about messing with them!

Major General Peek... WELCOME! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next