American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm 

So the AotM has its HQ forum here? Well, okay.

General Hulinsky, sir:

I'm just checking on one of your boys. LtCol Newcomb. I wanted to make sure he got back home okay. He seemed a bit shell-shocked as he wandered away from Gettysburg.

He fought extremely well but, I think following that new SOP y'all have (I'm like scratching my head wondering where they went!) didn't help him too much.

He's a good kid, just misguided (thinks the CSA is a real country or some nonsense like that).

BTW, you guys takin' up cookin' classes over here? I read somewhere that Lt Col Nick DeStefano gave you a WET NOODLE. Must be a good one, Italians know thier pasta! [:D]

Merry Christmas, and remember once the girls are gone, don't stand under the mistletoe.[:o)]

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
4th "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, 1st Div, XX Corps, AoC, USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

My congratulations to the officers that earned Battle Citations against the Yankee invaders during the month of November. It must be disheartening for them to write their honeys that there will be no trinkets taken from virtuous southern women as Christmas presensts this year.

I would also offer my congratulations to Stewart Stiles and Sascha Marx on their promotions. Well done gentlemen!

I have not yet had the privelage of meeting Major Marx, however I am well acquainted with Lt Col Stiles. Lt Col Stiles has represented the Vicksburg Military Institute with honor as part of the Lieutenant's Cup twice, and I have the privelage of currently serving with him in battle at Gettysburg. He is an excellent officer and a credit to the Army of the Mississippi.

My regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:35 pm 
Major General Ringbloom & Corcoran's Legion,
Drex & Gentlemen,

Major General Amos,
Al,

Good Evening! <salute>

I was wondering if General Walter might be interested in adding another flag to his collection! This one has a pretty alligator on it!

As you can see directly under this dispatch... there is a challenge by Lt Colonel Neal Hebert from the 2nd Division of First Corps, AotM. He seems to be very intent on reclaiming a particular Battle Flag that the IV Corps lost in a bit of a massacre awhile back! Darned if I can remember the name of the errant Cmdr in charge of those poor Rebs... errr... Custer... errr... Hulinsky... well regardless it was a tragic affair in the end and seems to have been seared upon the mind of Colonel Hebert. Now he's a Division Cmdr and has assembled himself a battle ready Division. Here is their Division web page. http://www.acwgc.org/GatorAlley/2D1CAotM.html

The gauntlet has been laid down... and Lt Colonel Hebert will serve as the Game Cmdr of the Confederate forces. I am attaching the HPS Gettysburg scenario that he desires to use to for this engagement. Upon knowing how many Union Officer's are interested in participating... Lt Colonel Hebert will assemble his team. Major General Al Amos stands ready to fill any gaps in the Union line and I volunteer my sword to enter the fray on the Confederate side if there are an uneven number of Officers there.

Please direct all communication to Lt Colonel Hebert at: nealjhebert@yahoo.com

If the Yankee adversary rises to the occasion and Lt Col Hebert is able to meet the challenge without needing Major General Amos and myself... then he and I will graciously bow out and attend to our own personal duel on another field of battle.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Albert Amos <albert_amos@yahoo.com>; Roger Hulinsky <husker6101@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, December 8, 2009 7:34:39 PM
Subject: Re: Dispatch from General Hulinsky

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, my compliments! The time for the rubber to hit the road has arrived. I propose that General Amos invite those members of Corcoran's Brigade who wish to participate to defend their colors! If the gentlemen accept the scenario presented I will stake my division colors in exchange for theirs. Equal forces, equal ammo and no objectives; kick ass and take names wins the game.

My regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm 

General Amos <salute>

Sir, I appreciate your concern for Lt Col Newcomb and I assure you that he has returned safely and made his report. I pray you consider your position, as action will certainly be taken to remedy the situation.

My regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm 

Col Hebert <salute>

Sir, is that an alligator on your flag? I couldn't really see it too well it's so small. Sir to be honest I've seen geckos bigger than that.

Glad to hear Col Newcomb made it back. I'm sure once you read him a story, and tuck him in he'll be fine.

(Pssttt... Chris, just smack talkin' your boss, no offence. It was a great game. Look forward to another one.) Anybody want a good challenge and good email banter contact LtCol Newcomb. <salute>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm 

General Amos <salute>

Sir, Nicodemus had a great laugh over the gecko comment. I suggest you read the thread if you need an introduction to my gator.

My regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:06 pm 

Sir, my highest compliments!

Warning orders have been issued to my command, and we stand ready to uphold the honor of the Army of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, sentries have reported no riders from the north and a reconnaissance by Nicodemus has turned up no sign of Yankees.

Sir, we continue to hold out hope that the Yankee Corcoran's Legion will present itself on the field of battle. Perhaps they are busy with preparations for their winter ball and being fitted for petitcoats. They might need to know that powdered wigs are out of fashion.

2nd Division, I Corps stands ready!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:58 pm 

Nah, I bet they're getting sized for thier new alligator shoes. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:42 am 
Lt Colonel Hebert,
Neal,

I received the following dispatch from Major General Ringbloom in response to your challenge, Sir!

Do not worry yourself about the matter. The Union Army will surely come out to play when the winter snows melt and the green grasses of spring grow up between their toes and awakens them from their slumber. [;)]

I will check will Major General's Amos & Groce and see if their boys might be available for a scrap!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

<font size="4">Challenge to 2nd Division, AoS</font id="size4">

To: Roger Hulinsky <husker6101@yahoo.com>

General Hulinsky: Greetings, Sir!

We understand your impatience to retrieve the colors of the IV Corps but such honors are not to be treated like so many playing cards or left on the field of battle so hastily (<font color="red">ie... this is the greatest honor we've ever achieved and we are are afraid to lose it so soon</font id="red">). The flag of the IV Corps, AotM is a battle honor to be cherished, No, savored, like a fine wine or a masterful painting,- on display for all to see (<font color="red">ie... we wish we could produce such wonderful flags as those that are produced by the CSA Foundry & Metal Works... but alas we are just uneducated Yanks</font id="red">).

Everytime I see General Walter's signature on the forum, I am reminded of those glorious times on the battlefield (<font color="red">ie... infrequent as our times on the battlefield are, for we are very afraid of finding Rebs in the dark</font id="red">). Likewise, the AotM is reminded too of those times (<font color="red">ie... Oh yes, though we search high and low... Corcoran's Legion is nowhere to be found!</font id="red">).

Our flags are treasures, symbols of our honor, and we will pick the time for such honors (<font color="red">ie... and the scenario, and the optional rules so that every advantage to be had is ours</font id="red">) to be fought over. Yes, the challenge will take place, but sometime next year (<font color="red">ie... or the next, or maybe even the following one</font id="red">). As it is now, all of us are busy with (<font color="red">our knitting, playing paddy cake and eating Christmas candy</font id="red">) individual games and tournaments and we could not possibly (<font color="red">ie... we dare not</font id="red">) add another course to our full plate (<font color="red">ie... please let us focus our attention on much easier prey... for that is what we hunger for</font id="red">).

Until then, there are other Divisions, Corps and Armies that will be happy to accept your attentions (<font color="red">ie... for they are the true representives of the Union Army as we are only pretenders</font id="red">).

Yours truly,

MG Drex Ringbloom
Cmdr
2nd Divison"Corcoran's Legion"
VIII Corps,AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:04 am 

Sir, my compliments! I am not really surprised by the refusal of Corcoran's Legion to take the field, although I must admit your translation of Yankee speak is impressive.

My division continues to mobilize and we will find a Yankee force somewhere willing to take the field.

I am your obedient servant,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:00 am 
Gentlemen,

The following Officer has earned AotM Purple Heart for the month of Novemer 2009. Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

This AotM Award is awarded monthly and recognizes the AotM Officer who has completed the most turns of battle in a specific month in a losing effort. Since the ACWGC is not a Ladder Club, based merely upon wins alone... we are recognizing those Officers who are completing significant numbers of turns even though their efforts end up as victories for their opponents. On many occasions our Officers encounter difficult scenarios where victory is unobtainable but they dutifully move forward and engage their Union foes... fighting honorably to the bitter end. This sort of behavior is to be Highly Commended by both sides of the Club! As Commandant Waylon Hughes Jr at VMI says... "It's better to win a friend than a battle!"

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Lt Colonel Hampus Drott</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Lt Colonel Drott, thank you for bringing the battle to the enemy! I admire your persistence and devotion to the cause and everything else that you do for the Club in your service within the Fourth Cavalry Corps!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the AotM Outstanding Brigade Award to Lt Colonel Nick DeStefano for November 2009!

<center>Image</center>

This Award reconginzes an Officer's "All-Around" contributions to the Army of the Mississippi in a wide variety of ways. I have chosen to recognize Lt Colonel DeStefano because of his activity in so many of these areas. He has never failed to Muster In since the reestablishment of the AotM Muster system. He is active in numerous engagements against the enemy and involved in maneuvers within the AotM. He was a Participant in the KotH Tournament. He also is serving as the Fourth Corps Cmdr and looks after the welfare of the other Officer's in his Corps. I have received numerous emails from him acting on the behalf of his Bde & Div Cmdrs. The task of a Corps Cmdr is a burdensome one... and all of us are most appreciative of what he does on behalf of all of us!

<center>Image</center>

Now not everyone is going to be able to contribute to the AotM and the Club in the same way that Lt Colonel DeStefano does but I would be remiss in not recognizing his efforts on our behalf. Congratulations, Sir! I very much appreciate your efforts in helping make the AotM the organization that it is today!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:29 am 
Gentlemen,

Each month the Army of the Mississippi awards the AotM "Citation for Gallantry" to the Officer who has the most completed victory turns versus Union opponents. Our award winner for the month of November is Lt General Gery Bastiani! Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

<center>Here is your ribbon, which has been posted to the AotM web page!</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>And your Certificate of Award.</center>

<center>Image</center>

Congratulations on your achievement, Sir!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:29 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

My congratulations to each of the officers recognized for their contributions to the Army of the Mississippi in the month of November.

General Bastiani, I have not yet had the honor, however your award of the Citation of Gallantry certainly reflects greatly on your skills. I look forward to the day where we might serve together.

Lt Col DeStefano, well done sir! You are one of the officers I have had the honor of serving with, and I look forward to our next expedition.

Lt Col Drott, keep up the fire! You have served the Army of the Mississippi with honor on the field of battle, in Corps Maneuvers, and in the Lieutenant's Cup. Stubborn tenacity under adverse conditions will bear fruit in the end.

My compliments to all,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:34 pm 

Howdy there rebs...has anyone seen Lt Col. Herbert? Lt. Col. DeStefano? They'll vouche for me...if ya'll would be kind enough to buy a down on his luck Yank a drink? I mean...it IS Christmas...your C/O...General Helsinky knows me...(hiccup)...put it on his tab? I'm good for it...I figure that all of the supply wagons that I gave General Bullinsky at Franklin will work as a down payment...

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next