American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:23 am 
AotM Officers,

Multiple changes made to the AotM webpage this morning.

Also... Division Cmdrs, be aware that a special dispatch will be sent from AotM Hq's to you this afternoon. Be sure you get it.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:32 pm 
Officers of the AotM,

Good Afternoon! <salute>

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It's been cold and blustery in Nebraska for about a week and a half... and today the weather finally broke! The weather was in the mid 60's and the sun came out... so I took my darling wife out for a long walk. We walked down to the University of Nebraska to the Dairy Store there for a couple gigantic ice cream cones! The University has a Dairy Store on campus where the students learn all about food processing and they make some of the finest ice cream around. A very nice treat! Especially after my Cornhuskers got beat by Texas Tech on Saturday! <sniff>

Major Herb Nagel in IV Corps happened to be in Omaha this weekend for a wedding. I had a wonderful opportunity to talk to him on the phone on Friday night until my cell phone died on me! I was chuckling that the wedding was at the same time as the wedding... but while Herb was at a wedding... I was at a funeral the way my Cornhusker's were playing! Great talking to you, Herb! Hope you have a great trip out to Valentine!

Ah now... I didn't plan on sending this dispatch out to bore you with all the details from my weekend! Actually I wanted to let you know about some awards for the Army of the Mississippi that I'm going to begin issuing. The CSA Library has a page that list all the various AotM Awards. You can see it here:

http://www.rumple13.us/AoA/Library/library02fAotM.htm

General Nick Kunz and General Bob Weir have designed us some additional ribbons for us (THANK YOU, GENTLEMEN!) and they will be appearing on the AotM Award page shortly. I've attached a Word document that shows the additions. Let me give you a brief rundown of these Awards.

1) The AotM Battle Citation. This Ribbon will be awarded to AotM Officer's for each victory (Major or Minor) against our Union opponents. The only restriction is that the battle lasts at least 12 turns.

2) The AotM Maneuver Citation. This Ribbon will be awarded to AotM Officer's for each maneuver game they play against another AotM Officer. This citation is designed to recongize those Officer's who are training other Officer's within the Army and for gaining familarity with various battles played within the Club.

3) The AotM Gallantry Citation. This Ribbon will be awarded monthly to the AotM Officer with the most Victory turns in battle against our Union opponents. So if you had two victorious battles that concluded in the same month... you would add the total number of turns completed in each battle that you won. Let's say that I won a Major Victory in 12 turns in one battle and a Minor Victory in 40 turns in another battle. Both battles were completed in the same month. Then I would have 52 turns of victories for that month... and if no does better than me that month... then I would receive the AotM Gallantry Citation for that particular month. You will also receive an 5 OBD Point award in recognition of your efforts.

Also you'll notice the Outstanding Brigade and Outstanding Division and Outstanding Corps Awards. The Outstanding Brigade Award is awarded monthly. The Outstanding Division Award is awarded quarterly and the Outstanding Corps Award is awarded every six months. These Awards will take into consideration a number of things some of which include: Mustering, Battles & Maneuvers Won/Lost, Activity in the Forums and various contributions to the Club, etc. I will award the first Outstanding Brigade Award at the end of the month for October. I will award the first Outstanding Division Award at the end of December and the first Outstanding Corps Award in March 2010.

You'll also notice I've made significant changes to the AotM web page. Which you can see it here:

http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/AoM.html

If you have any suggestions for improvement... please let me know. I am looking for folks that are interested in designing web pages for the AotM and also for those interested in taking on more responsibilities... command or otherwise.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:59 pm 
Officers of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the AotM's Citation for Gallantry to the Officer who completes the largest number of turns in obtaining a Victory against the Yanks. For the month of September 2009... and for the first time in the history of the AotM... this award has been awarded to two AotM Officer's who gained a Major Victory against the Yanks in matter of 56 turns in a multiplayer contest.

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Lt General Mike Laabs</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center><b>Lt General Kennon Whitehead</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Gentlemen, congratulations on your achievement that was brought to a conclusion in the month of September. May there be many, many more such achievements! <salute>

Keep up the fight!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 pm 
Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to award the following Officer's with AotM Battle Citations for obtaining Victories against the Yanks in the month of September.

<center><b>Lt General Mike Laabs</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in multiplayer play in 09Sep16090.</center>

<center><b>Lt General Kennon Whitehead</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in multiplayer play in 09Sep16090.</center>

<center><b>Fld Lt Stewart Stiles</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Minor Victory in 09Aug15950.</center>

<center><b>Lt Col Nick DeStefano</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Minor Victory in 09Aug16012.</center>

<center><b>Col Roberto Morresi</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in 09Aug15965.</center>

<center><b>Gen Roger Hulinsky</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Minor Victory in 09Jul15827.</center>

Gentlemen, congratulations on your victories in the month of September. May there be many, many more! <salute>

Keep up the fight!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:52 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

My congratulations to each of these fine officers for their victories against the Yankee invaders and the recognition they have earned.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 pm 
Gents,

Here's a link to a pretty cool story!

http://www.acadiansingray.com/photo%20gallery-louis_hebert.htm

My family didn't arrive in the US until about 15 years after the Civil War... so I don't enjoy the colorful history that some of you fellows do.

This particular article was passed on to Lt Colonel Neal Hebert from Brig. General Tim Reneau in II Corps, AotM. Neal comments... "<i>I find it [the story] touching and a fine tribute to the fallen soldier. A distant cousin of mine was simularly reburied in Cecilia, Louisiana some years ago from his original tomb. I don't recall the exact reason, but believe the land had been sold.</i>"

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:38 pm 
Officer of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the following Officer's with AotM Maneuver Citations for maneuver games within the AotM in the month of September. I always like to see our Officer's playing maneuver games as I see three positive things going on. 1) Senior Officers are involved in the training of junior Officers. 2) Officers are familarizing themselves with scenarios in preparation of giving their Union opponents a better battle. 3) Officers within the AotM are getting to know each other better.

<center><b>Lt Colonel Greg Davis</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 09May15556.</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>And a second one for 09Sep16051.</center>

<center><b>Major General Jan Welleman</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 09May15556.</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>And a second one for 09Jun15705.</center>

<center><b>Major General Paul Kenney</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 09Sept16141.</center>

<center><b>Major General Tom DeHoff</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 09Sep16141.</center>

<center><b>Major General John Lindley</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 09Jun15705.</center>

<center><b>Lt Colonel Chris Newcomb</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 09Sep16051.</center>

A couple of these maneuvers represent matches played in the KotH Tournament. <salute>

Congratulations, gentlemen!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:59 pm 

Well done Suh's, I commend you all for undertaking manoeuvres with your juniors/seniors. Any activity which sharpens the sword of the Confederacy is to be encouraged. It is my expectation that the sword of the Western Command will see some action sooner rather than later.[;)]

Brig Gen Gam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:29 am 
Captain Stiles,
Stewart,

Congratulations on your promotion, Sir! You are a credit to the Army of the Mississippi and the III Corps! <salute>

Here is some Captain's ensignia, Sir! Wear it with pride!

<center>Image</center>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

I have been a bit busy with administrative matters at VMI, however I did manage to drop by for some "stress relief" (a drink) and notice some announcements made.

Captain Stiles, I am most pleased to have seen that you were promoted! I know you to be a fine officer, an alumni of the Lieutenant's Cup Competition, and am also proud to be serving with you in battle against some Yankee generals who think they're out for a pigeon shoot. My congratulations on your promotion, and we'll get you another once we whip them Yankee generals!

My congratulations also to the gentlemen who earned maneuver citations, including Lt Col Chris Newcomb who happens to be one of my brigade commanders. All of this training activity must be making the Yankees nervous, as the Army of the Mississippi is preparing to make life miserable for them.

General Hulinsky <salute> Sir, with your permission I will now have that drink!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:59 pm 
Lt General Adams, Lt General Laabs, Lt Col DeStefano;

Gentlemen! Assemble your Corps! <salute>

I have received orders from the Western Theater Commander... Brigadier General Cam McOmish to assemble the Army of the Mississippi and to move it northwards in preparation of our Winter Campaign against the Yankee aggressors! At the moment... our Officer's and their respective commands are spread out across the Western Theater on various assignments. It's time to assemble the Army for offensive action.

Your instructions are as follows. Contact your Officer's and have them start assembling their commands for the northward movement. All Officer's whose commands are ready and assembled and looking for action should send a dispatch to my HQ (husker6101@yahoo.com) for further instructions. What I need to know is what battlefield your Officers would be interested in fighting at, about how many turns they'd be comfortable playing each week and if it's a solo game or a multiplayer game and any other relevant details. I would recommend shorter scenarios from 10 to 40 turns in length so that we'll have them resolved before the winter campaign begins. Once I've received these dispatches... I will attempt to find Yankee opponents to meet our men on the field of battle for these particular games.

I look forward to seeing the entire Army assembled together again! (And kicking some Yankee butt!) If there are any questions... don't hesitate to contact me! Have a great weekend!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:08 pm 
<b><font color="yellow">Union Officers</font id="yellow"></b>,

Lt Colonel John Brogden has assembled his Bde (2B,1D,IIC,AotM) and is moving his men towards the AotM's northern rally point with Brig. General Cam McOmish, the WT Cmdr.

If any Yank is man enough to interfere with Lt Colonel Brogden's movements, he can intercept this fine AotM Officer in one on one combat in an 18 or more turn scenario at either HPS Chickamauga or HPS Gettysburg. You can contact Lt Colonel Brogden at his [url="mailto:16thtn@bellsouth.net"]HQ[/url] to discuss the selection of scenario and optional rules.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:16 pm 

I also happen to be moving my HQ towards the AotM's northern rally point with Brig. General Cam McOmish, the WT Cmdr.

If any Yank is crazy enough to interfere with my movements, I can be engaged in one on one combat in an 12 to 30 turn scenario at either HPS Ozark or HPS Antietam. You can contact me at my [url="mailto:husker6101@yahoo.com"]HQ[/url] to discuss the selection of scenario and optional rules. I'm generally good for 5 turns a week.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:25 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, Nicodemus sends his compliments! I did not realize your commuications had been published for Yankee eyes, however since it is done I will step up.

The 2nd Division, I Corps, stands ready for a multiplayer battle in HPS Gettysburg. Nicodemus finds this to be an excellent division, and we will meet any Yankee force willing to stand before us. Yankees may send a rider, however he should expect to walk back because the gator is hungry!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:03 pm 

Colonel Roy Purcell has assembled his Bde (2B/3D/IIIC)and is moving his men towards the AotM's northern rally point with Brig. General Cam McOmish, the WT Cmdr.

If any Yank is wild enough to interfere with Colonel Purcells movements, he can intercept this fine AotM Officer in one on one combat at either HPS Chickamauga or HPS Antietam or HPS Gettysburg or HPS Peninsula. You can contact Roy at his [url="mailto:roy.eaglesfly@gmail.com"]HQ[/url] to discuss the selection of the scenario and optional rules. The Colonel is generally good for 3 to 4 turns a week.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next