American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:43 pm 

I have to admit that I'm more familiar with it than I'd like since that's about the only part that we see on the battlefield as he runs away, but it is good news that I'm getting my boot back (if he'll continue to pass it - and since I'm no expert on alligators, he is a "he" isn't he).

Congratulations on the promotions! You two fellas are doing an awful lot of good for the ACWGC - despite what General Hoodinsky says.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:51 pm 

General Simms <salute>

Sir, my compliments! I do appreciate a good comeback [:D]

Yes, Nicodemus is a "he" and if you're willing to take possession of what comes out of his northern end you are welcome to it. I am sorry to report that you won't find your missing boot, however. Perhaps you should check with the lady whose husband arrived at an inopportune time?

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 pm 

Congrats Gentlemen on your most recent promotions,<SALTUE> keep up the great work in KICKIN' Yankee tail. And General Roger here's my other mug that you missed [:D], ya'll can have all of that Swedish food you want. Just point me in the direction of the pork BBQ, hush puppies, slaw, sweet tea and the SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM [:p] Besides General Roger Suh, how did my name get mixed up in all of this, I'm just sett'n over yonder minding my own business and sippin' some good ole homemade shine

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3/3/III AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

[:0]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:45 pm 

The New Colonels <salute>

Nick and Neal,

Well done gents and thank you for your respective efforts at the AotM and in supporting our club. I shall now join General Bastiani for some of the pork BBQ,some good ole homemade shine and witness the fine efforts of the SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM [:D]

Brig Gen Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:08 am 

General McOmish,
Thank you sir! I am truly honored to be serving with such a distinguished group of officers.
<salute>

Col. Nick DeStefano
IV "Wolf-Pack" Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:09 am 

General McOmish Suh, <SALUTE>
It seems like every time something that has to do with Drinking [:D], Women chasing, our names keep popping up [:0]. Just cause we use to do a lot of Yankee Tavern raiding together [:D] the upper echelon won't let it lay. [:p] Seems like General Huslinsky has had it in for me because I turned down a Cavalry position [B)]. Now General McOmish lets get down to some serious drinking, eating, and Swedish Bikini Team Chasing [:p]. A toast to Lt. Col. Drott, Col. Herbert, and Col. DeStefano. Gen. McOmish how is your sister doing after being chased all around by them Yankee hoodlems

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3/3/III AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:35 am 

Gentlemen of the Confederate States Army:
This day holds special meaning for the members of this august body: On December 20th, 1860 South Carolina was the first state to seceed from the tyrannical government of the United States.
I hereby call for a toast and three cheers for the Confederate States of America, may the sun never set on her glory!!
<salute>

Col. Nick DeStefano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 am 
Lt General Bastiani,
Gery,

There are just some Officer's that when they are <b>QUIET</b>... you know that they are getting into some sort of trouble! [:0]

How do I know this? Well, beyond just observing it with my own two eyes... I was also informed by General Tony Malone that I should keep a very close watch over you... or I'd learn to regret it! When the outgoing Army Cmdr makes a statement like that... it's best to listen really closely! [;)]

A Merry Christmas to you , Sir! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:27 pm 

General Bastiani <salute>

Sir, my compliments! I could not help but notice your question to General McOmish on the well-being of his sister. Sir, I declared early on that Nicodemus would accompany the young lady and ensure she was not dishonored in any way.

It is with little satisfaction that I report a young Yankee lieutenant's unpromising career was cut short. The gentleman in question attempted to "adjust" an article of Ms. McOmish's clothing in an inappropriate manner, and Nicodemus was forced to remove the offending appendage.

The Yankee propoganda machine is without honor, of course. His hometown newspaper reports his injuries as suffered engaging our forces on the field of battle.

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 am 

It's a good thing that it was the only thing that Ole Nicodemus took off[:)] As for the young LT. home town paper reporting that he was injured engaging our forces was true, a force of ONE [:D]. General Hulinsky Suh, that is how General McOmish and I are so successful in our raids of Yankee taverns, in being QUIET.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3/3/III AotM CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:57 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

A Merry Christmas to my fellow officers in the Army of the Mississippi from the Hebert family. I pray everyone enjoys a joyous holiday season, and I look forward to our endeavors in the coming year.

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:27 pm 

Officers and men of the Army of the Mississippi:
A very happy Christmas to all of you from the Headquarters Staff of the IV Cavalry Corps!

(btw, Roger this picture with the snow coming down...it looks great, except for Old Blue Light's head appears to be stuck in a permanent nod, like he's boppin' his head in time with the music...or like he's having a seizure[:)])

EDIT: Ok on second glance it looks like its the snow effect, but still, if you kinda squint...

Col. Nick DeStefano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:03 am 

<center><font size="6">MERRY CHRISTMAS Army Of The Misfits!</font id="size6"> </center>

Hope y'all got your toys off the island this year. [;)]

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
4th "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, 1st Div, XX Corps, AoC, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:30 am 
Merry Christmas to All the Officer's of the Army of the Mississippi and All our Yankee Friends!

My wife and I are sitting around the Christmas Tree this morning drinking hot cocoa and looking out the patio window. We are right in the middle of a full blown blizzard here in Lincoln, Nebraska. It makes the image of the snow in the picture above look very tame in comparison! We've got some crazy nasty winds swirling the snow around into some pretty large drifts! Ah, I've missed Nebraska! [;)]

Hey, Al... did you see that multi-car pile up in Oklahoma City yesterday? I saw it on the weather channel! Crazy! One of our daughters is in Branson Missouri and she said it was 50 degrees one minute and snowing the next! Fun, fun!

Have a great day, gentlemen and stay in where it's nice and warm!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:24 am 

Roger,

Nope missed that one, but was nearly in many myself. My last hour of delivery was in near white out conditions. Could not see from mail box to mail box.

The drive home was wild. People walking around the expressway from stalled cars. Not seeing them until they were in pistol throwing range! What a riot!

I was scheduled to deliver Express Mail this morning but that was cancelled! Tulsa officially got 5.8" of the white stuff. Here in Broken Arrow it's more like 10".

Tomorrow will be most interesting as the temps will remain below freezing 'til Monday. All my routes are very hill, and LLVs are light aluminum trucks, no weight. hehehe...

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
4th "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, 1st Div, XX Corps, AoC, USA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next