American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, my compliments! I applaud your posting of a warning to Yankees that if they enter they should expect a reply from the officers of our army. I fear they do not recognize that we are serious about taking the fight to them.

Your obedient servant,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:01 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickT65</i>
<br />Gents,
Wow, all this ruckus over a flag?

I admit, I want the old IV Corps flag back as badly as anyone (even Roger, I think) seeing as I took over for Roger shortly after he "misplaced" it, but if the Yankee's have a full dance card then they have a full dance card.

Roger, I will say I really like your craftsmanship with the flag you made, very stylish! I should comission you to rework the new IV Corps flag since you've taken over as the Un-Official Master Seamstress of the Confederate States Army!

I also thought I'd bring my brand new Corps standard along with me, since this is a flag shin-dig. Hope it strikes fear into the callow hearts of the Yanks!

Regards,
<salute>

Lt. Col. Nick DeStefano
IV "Wolf-Pack" Corps, AoM

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lt. Col. Nick DeStefano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

I've just received a dispatch from General Don Adams over in the ANV. It seems that he has been appointed a Special Assistant to General Tisdale and he's in charge of passing Promotion Orders through the Chain of Command. Todays dispatch informs me that another AotM Officer has been promoted to Colonel!

Our newly promoted Officer is from the I Corps! Lt General Mark Adams... would you please wrangle up Neal Hebert? And yes... I suppose it would be appropriate for Nicodemus to be in attendance also! Thank you, Sir!

<b><center>FRONT & CENTER</center></b>

<center><b>COLONEL NEAL HEBERT</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Neal... congratulations on your well deserved promotion to Colonel! It's great to see our Officer's advance through the ranks with relative speed and once one starts to reach the ranks of Colonel and Brig. General... you know that particular Officer has a great future ahead of them in the Club and in the Army of the Mississippi. In the short time that you've been with us.. you've already made a mark for yourself and are now building a legacy for the Second Division of First Corps!

Keep up the fight! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 am 

Sir, my compliments! I am honored to have been promoted to the rank of colonel in the Confederate States Army. Thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to my continued service with the Army of the Mississippi.

Barkeep, a round of drinks for everyone!

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:51 am 

Col. Hebert, we were unfortunately unable to entertain your challenge due to other pressing matters, only one of which is the MP to which Gen. Ringbloom refers. In due course, I have no doubt that we will meet again.

I would take great offense, however, to see another unit flying a banner featuring a harp on a green field - this has been the emblem of Corcoran's Legion for its entire 9-year history. You are correct, Gen. Hulinsky, that there are Irish on both sides of this conflict, and I would hardly begrudge someone their right to honor that (especially since the Perrenods are Swiss). I believe, however, that there are numerous other emblems and designs which might be utilized to that effect. To offer a banner so near in design to ours smacks of both impudence and unoriginality.

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Superintendent, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 pm 
General Perrenod,
Matt,

I don't believe that it's any secret to any one that I am both impudent and unoriginal. That's pretty much the way I like it. After all, down here in the South we have a saying... I know you've heard it... "It's a free country!" but then again I guess that's why the United States and the Confederate States parted ways.

But out of respect for you... an Officer who I respect and against whom I've had the pleasure of exchanging fires with on the field of battle... I shall grant your request and pack away those banners that you find so detestable. I hardly think a harp on a green field is an original design as both have been icons of Irish folklore for centuries. I shall hold onto these abominations for you until you have need of them. You just never know when you may have need of a replacement flag! [;)]

Send my regards to Corcoran's Legion! I am looking forward to our future engagement! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm 

General Perrenod <salute>

Sir, my compliments! I understood General Ringbloom's reasons for declining to engage, and Nicodemus looks forward to our meeting. The gator is hungry.

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:32 pm 

Sir, your "impudence and unoriginality" causes "great offense" to the Yankee army.

I'd say well done!

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:51 pm 
Gentlemen,

I've received a another dispatch from General Don Adams about a promotion in the AotM. This dispatch informs me that another AotM Officer has been promoted to Colonel! At first glance, I thought there might be some mistake. I noticed the ink was smudged in a few places and it was almost an identical copy to the promotion orders for Colonel Neal Hebert. But after further investigation... it seems the orders are legit! [;)]

Our newly promoted Officer is from the IV Corps! Lt Colonel Hampus Drott... would you please wrangle up your Corps Cmdr... Nick DeStefano? Thank you, Sir!

<b><center>FRONT & CENTER</center></b>

<center><b>COLONEL NICK DESTEFANO</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Nick... congratulations on your promotion to Colonel! You'll notice that I used up all the flowery vocabulary that I possess with Colonel Hebert's promotion. And then whatever other nice things I had to say about anyone... I had to use on my post for General Perrenod. So I'm just about tapped out... I mean there is a limit to niceness and pretty wording right?

Well... ok... your right... there is no limit to my wordiness! But I will spare you from too much! Congratulations on your promotion! Thank you for your service to the AotM and your Corps! I only wish I had 20 more Officer's just like you... hummmm... well, ok... NOT EXACTLY like you... but pretty close! [:p]

Now I'm a little thirsty... too much yacking... what would you like to drink, Sir? <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:36 pm 

Officers of the mighty Army of the Mississippi:

I heartily and humbly thank commanding General of this army for his kind words, and I thank the excellent officers who helped made this promotion possible.
General Hulinsky, you are quite right, there is some ink smudging on those promotion orders, and yes they are legit, but the General commanding the Confederate States Army had to be reminded that my orders for promotion were actually dated to the day <i>before</i> those of Colonel Hebert (sorry Neal) and that I still rank him.
That's all, just a minor misunderstanding...and pay no attention to the ink on my fingers....[:D]
<salute>
Colonel Nick DeStefano

Col. Nick DeStefano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 pm 
Gentlemen,

As you know Neal Hebert (First Corps) & Nick DeStefano (Fourth Cavalry Corps) have been promoted to Colonel!

It's also my pleasure to announce that Lt Colonel Hampus Drott is in charge of hosting the celebration here tonight! He's going to be helping us celebrate these Officer's promotions with some Swedish cuisine. Lt Colonel Drott... tell us what you've prepared for us!

<font color="limegreen"><i>Officer's of the Army of the Mississippi and esteemed Guests... and of course, Nicodemus!

Tonight favorites are:

köttbullar - Swedish meatballs
Julskinka - Christmas ham
prinskorv - small hot dog sausages
revbensspjäll - spare ribs

I have also prepared Julmust, our christmas soft drink. It's much better than coca cola and provides an alternative for those of you who General Hulinsky says should not be allowed to imbide any beverages with alcohol in them. (General Bastiani... you know we mean you!)

Also if you have time to test some desserts... you should try these:

glögg - mulled wine
knäck - Christmas toffee
pepparkakor (Gingerbread) - brown cookies flavoured with a variety of traditional Christmas spices

I especially want to suggest the Glögg as it's a really nice warm drink when it's cold outside.

Thank you, gentlemen and congratulations to Colonel Hebert & DeStefano!</i></font id="limegreen"> <salute>

Thank you, Lt Colonel Drott! Everything smells and looks very good and I have already tasted some of the glögg... as I had to take Gery's glass away from him and I didn't want it to go to waste. I can say that it is very good!

Would anyone like to join Major General Welleman and I for a game of "Pin the Tail on the Alligator"? [:0]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:19 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Lt Col Drott, you have outdone yourself sir! You efforts are remarkable considering the Yankee blockade, and are much appreciated.
As for the entertainment, I have it on good authority that anyone who tries to stick anything in Nicodemus will end up an amputee.

Nicodemus did offer up an alternative, however. How about "pin a chicken" on the colors which demonstrated "impudence and unoriginality"?

My regards

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 pm 

"Would anyone like to join Major General Welleman and I for a game of "Pin the Tail on the Alligator"?"

That wouldn't be challenging since that alligator has an *ss on him as big as the Merrimac. You do remember that the Merrimac caught fire and exploded so don't be holding no flames near the rear of that thing.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 pm 

General Simms <salute>

Out of respect for you rank I won't even speculate as to your knowledge of Nicodemus' butt.

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 pm 

Colonel DeStefano <salute>

Congratulations on your promotion! Well earned and deserved. Who got promoted when isn't important; Nicodemus is passing a stone he's named "Ned" for some reason or other [:D]

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next