American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AotM stepping down
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 pm 

I know this is late and after the fact, but I want it known that I stepped down on my own accord for reasons I felt best for the Army, the CSA and the club. I have full confidence that Roger will bring back the past glory of the AotM and he has my full support in any way I may be of help. Past events in real life have drastically limited my ability to do as much in the club as in the past and in the amount of time spent as I would like. In real life I teach full time at a high school, and I am still in the progress of attaining my masters degree, on top of that I take care of my wife who is 100% disabled. So there are times I just feel totally overwhelmed, I apologize for letting many things slip in the past. I will stay with the club and the CSA in any place the command sees fit to place me, I do hope someday I may return to a higher command, but for now it is best I stay at the brigade level and play a few battles at a time. To all those who have supported me in the past thank you. SALUTE

GEN. Tony Malone

"Do your duty in all things, You can never do more, You should never wish to do less".

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:23 pm 

General Malone <salute>

Sir, my compliments! If I may say so, I feel that any apology is unwarranted. I choose to believe that you were named commander of the Army of the Mississippi based on superior service to the Confederate States Army and the ACWGC. I'm certain the appointment was deserved and performed with great distinction.

Stepping down voluntarily because you feel real world events have reduced your ability to perform your duties in a manner you believe is acceptable actually speaks well of your character and commitment to the ACWGC. I would be honored to serve with you on the field of battle at any time requested.

Your humble servant,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM (Bayou Devils)
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:13 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">General Malone Suh! <salute>

Tony, I want to add my name to the list of thanking you for your long and great service to the ACWGC, CSA and the AotM. All of us one time or another have commitments and such that seeks to limit our fun in this great gaming Club. I look forward to the time when we will all be able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.[:)]

All the Best,</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Commandant
Vicksburg Military Institute</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 pm 
General Malone,
Tony,

Well shucks, Sir... I just don't see why the heck you couldn't do all of that and still lead us to glory! [;)]

Sheesh... you're a heck of a man to do all that you do! I couldn't handle a class of high school kids (without throttling a few of them)... not to mention everything else on your plate! You've left extremely large shoes to fill and I'll do my best to keep things pointed in the right direction!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:00 pm 

General Malone,

Thank you sir for all the hard work that you have done with the Army of the Mississippi! I've been with the army since I joined the ACWGC and would not volunteer for a transfer anywhere else!

<Salute>

Maj. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
Cavalry Division
IV Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:09 pm 

General,

Sorry to hear you are stepping aside. From where I stand, I think you did a great job commanding our army. Good luck and Godspeed!

Sincerely,

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:09 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>Gen. Malone, Suh

Tony thank you for your service to the AotM and the CSA, you were my Corps commander at AoA when I first joined all so many years ago so I know first hand the hard work you have put into the club. I wish you all the best in your current real life endeavors.

<font size="6"><Salute></font id="size6"> </b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir
</b></font id="beige"><font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">
<b>ACWGC Cabinet Member</b> </center>