American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Something to brag about
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 am 

I am going to throw a party for the next Union officer who thrashes me in a battle.....Presently I am at 199 major defeats.....Who is going to be the lucky officer to help me drink this half-gallon of good sour mash southern bourbon and receive the golden sword of 200th union major victory.....Fine sipping whiskey it is..Nice shinny sword...We will tell our long tales of battles that we had together....I have given 199 swords to Riggs, Danner, Rurham, Jennsen,Schlueter,Broyles,Kaulbers,Laub,Kasnic,Borling,Passmore,Greco,Walter, Helm, Barlow, Sands,Horrocks,Lewis,Trembley, Hodgkiss,Groce,Dowling, Whipkey,Frost, Nelms,Kolcun,Killeen, Wilkes,and a few others that I have forgotten to mention. I am glad that they give me a discount when I buy swords in bulk....To all above thanks for the good memories. You are a great bunch of guys...

Gen John Dragan AoA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 am 

[:D]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:16 am 

Ah General Dragan! I'm sure that you've gotten a few swords of mine as well.

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:51 am 

Ooooh! ...We're stuck on a draw presently at turn 30 of 90. Now I know there's something to play for. John, will you pay for a first class ticket across the Atlantic so I can come and celebrate in style?

Brigadier-General Jim Wilkes.
2nd Brigade, Cavalry Division, XX Corps.
AoC. U.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:04 pm 
General Dragan,
John,

Sir... how is it that you've managed not to get whipped by General Matt Perrenod? I hear he has an open slot on his dance card! [;)]

Of course, the reason I know that is because he's whipped me like 7 or 8 times in a row and I've plain run out of swords to give him. Please tell me who your supplier is so that I can replentish my personal stock! [B)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:46 pm 

General Perrenod and I have never crossed paths but I am willing to take him on in any battle.....Is he that tough....Tougher than Riggs, Danner, Laub or Barlow....They have most of my swords.....And If you get a major defeat Gen. Wilkes......I'll fly you first class to Gettysburg.....We will sit on the rocks of Little Round Top next to the statue of Gov. K. Warren and I'll show you how to sip sipping whiskey.

Gen. John Dragan AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 pm 

<font size="2">Did someone mention a <i>half gallon </i>of "fine sipping whiskey"...?!!!</font id="size2"> [:I]

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:43 pm 

John,

It's been an honor and privelege to have a game going with you since we both joined this Club, what, over 6 years ago?! That's a lot of files sent back and forth. You've given me a number of resounding defeats, some good victories, and a great friend.

Regards,

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://laubster22.tripod.com/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 am 

John,

You are one of the nicest guys I've met in this club. The games are just a bit of fun and bring people together in friendship - that's the main thing. Our games together have always been fun and often exciting. You are like a mad dog, once you sink your teeth in you never let go. When you have the upper hand it is a terrible sight, and even when you go down both sides know they've been in a tough fight. Never a dull moment. Thank you sir for years of fun and freindship![8D]!

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/acwgc_personal_record.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/western_theater.htm"]Commander, Western Theater, Union Army[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:31 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by draganfly</i>
<br />General Perrenod and I have never crossed paths but I am willing to take him on in any battle.....Is he that tough....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Cold, mathematical precision and never an emotional moment of either low morale or overconfidence. I am mightily glad he's on our side!

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS
West Point Class of '01
[url="http://www.home.datacomm.ch/dierk.walter/2VIIIAoS/persrecord.htm"]Image[/url] Image Image
"... and keep moving on."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:59 am 
General Dragan,
John,

Yesterday Matt Perrenod was asking for a game in the opponent finder section to the M&D Tavern. I think it would be worth your while! ;)

I haven't played those other Officer's that you've mentioned... but Matt Perrenod and Ken Miller are the best two Yankee opponents I've played in the Club. Of course, I consider myself a mediocre player at best. I just can't sit there and calculate firing modifiers and such... I would absolutely hate doing that! I enjoy the maneuvering of units... particularly cavalry... in my battles but the crush of infantry on infantry for hours on end is quite boring to me.

I guess everyone has their own preferences! [:)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:26 am 

John:

You are a great guy and we sure have had some good times together. You know I am working on number 200 and more with you.

Gen. Derald Riggs
Commander, Army of the Cumberland, Union Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:37 am 

Well, Gen. Dragan & I are engaged at Jackson, Tennessee, though I seem to have missed the opportunity to honor him with his 200th. Given the battle we're in, though, I may add to the totals in his other column.

"Unemotional?" My wife begs to differ!

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Superintendent, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01