American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 am 

It gives me great pleasure to present General Ken Miller as the next commander of the Army of the Potomac! General Miller has been a key Union leader for many years, both filling various Army command positions within the Army of the Shenandoah, and in his work with scenario design and the ACWCO. I am very much looking forward to working with Ken in my upcoming role as Eastern Theater Commander - the AoP was my original home, so it'll be fun to get back to those roots!

It is also important to thank General Mark Oakford as the outgoing Army Commander for his leadership. General Oakford will be helping out through the transition, and will remain within the Army of the Potomac in a capacity to be determined.

I hereby present General Oakford with the Distinguished Service Order Medal.

Congrats, and thank you again, Mark!

Regards,

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://laubster22.tripod.com/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 pm 
General Miller,
Ken,

My congratulations on your appointment as the Commander of the Army of the Potomac! And my congratulations to General Mark Oakford on a job well done! <salute>

I am so thrilled to hear about Ken's appointment to the AoP post because now I have absolutely no reason to be nice to the Officer's of the Army of the Shenandoah! I had always been a bit hesitant to pick on them "too much" as you were a part of their outfit. But now the gloves can come off and I can dismantle the Army of the Shenandoah one piece at a time until it fails to exist! I don't imagine it should take too long... they've looked pretty woobly of late anyway! [;)]

I sure hope that the ANV & the AoG will be up to the challenge of facing a newly revitalized Army of the Potomac!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:45 pm 

General Miller

Congratulations on your new command. As the first commander of the AOP and before that CO of the original "Fighting" First Corps I am happy to see our great and venerable Union army in good hands.

Congrats also to General Oakford for a job well done.

General Peterson

Gen Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:55 pm 

After 10 years in the Army of the Shenandoah in various capacities I find myself not only transferring to the Army of the Potomac but taking command of it.

To Gen Laub and Gen Walter, I will do my best to justify your trust in giving me this command.

To Gen Oakford, thank you for your service as commander of the AoP, I look forward to working with you to make the AoP even better.

To the officers of the AoP, I will be in contact with you shortly both to see who is still active and to get your ideas on making the AoP even better. I will need to bring the AoP roster up to date and will be working with Gen Oakford to make sure awards and OBD are up to date also. Once that is done I will look at getting the AoP website updated and we'll start making plans for the coming campaign.

To the officers of the AoS, I wish to thank all of you for making my ten years here so enjoyable. I know you will continue to keep the flags and the reputation of the AoS in the forefront of the union army's advance.

To our rebel friends, and especially to Gen Hulinsky. Be careful what you wish for sir. My transfer to the AoP will not weaken the AoS appreciably. Besides your boys have enough to keep them occupied what with the AoT and the AoC.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:11 pm 

Congrats, Ken. You will be missed in the AOS. Our loss is the AOP's gain.

Lt.General Dale Lastowicka
XIX Corps, AOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:03 pm 

Glad to see you moving on up Ken and sorry to see you leave the AoS.

Thanks for all the work you did and helping me out when I needed it

There will always be a spot in the Winchester Arms for ya.

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commander in Chief
Army of The Shenandoah
USA</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 pm 

General Miller <salute>

Ken,

Good luck with your new command.

Cam

Brig Gen Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:27 am 

Thanks to General Oakford for his valuable service to the Union Cause and congratulations to General Miller. The AoP are very fortunate to get you.[8D]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/acwgc_personal_record.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/western_theater.htm"]Commander, Western Theater, Union Army[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:47 am 

Congratulations Ken! Another honor to be added to your long list. AoS's loss is AoP's gain.

MG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr, 2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 am 

I am extraordinarily grateful to Ken for agreeing to serve in a high command position again. After all his years of service to the Union and the club, this is anything but taken for granted. I too am sorry to see him leave the AoS, but I will have the privilege of working together with him (and Jeff) on the Union Army level in the next two years, and I am particularly looking forward to that. I am also happy to see the AoS share its wealth of good leaders with its sister army in such a generous way. It's a sign (among many) that the bonds between the field armies of the Union are strong and that the healthy competition between them does not prevent them from working together for the common weal.

My congratulations to General Oakford on his DSO.

~ salute ~

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
USA CoA-elect
[url="http://www.home.datacomm.ch/dierk.walter/2VIIIAoS/persrecord.htm"]Image[/url]
<i>"... and keep moving on."</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 am 
General Peterson,

Oh my goodness, Sir! I didn't know that you were still around! <salute>

I definitely remember the days of the "Fighting First Corps"! Hurrah! Them were some good times! We need to get our wives together and share some good food and even fonder memories!

General Miller... I like your new flag, Sir! Cool!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 am 

General Miller!

Congrats on your assignment to command the AoP! You will be sorely missed over in the Shenandoah, and at the Wichester arms.

However, I cannot say that I enjoy your new flag as much as General Hulinsky does! LOL!

Best of luck,
Rusty

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:32 pm 

Gentlemen of the Army of the Potomac,

To General Miller, congratulations on your appointment as my replacement. I wish you well and thank you for your response to your country's call.

I will be helping General Miller with his transition to high command and confirm that I will be staying with the Army, although my exact role is yet to be decided.

I am sad with this, my farewell to the Army as its Commander, but I also firmly believe that renewal is the way to go. I thank all of you for your past support and wish you well in the task ahead of us.

Gentlemen, I give you General Miller, Commander of the Army of the Potomac! On to Richmond!

<SALUTE>

General Mark Oakford
ex-Commander
Army of the Potomac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:47 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mark Oakford</i>
On to Richmond!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's the spirit! The Union Forever! [^]

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
USA CoA-elect
[url="http://www.home.datacomm.ch/dierk.walter/2VIIIAoS/persrecord.htm"]Image[/url]
<i>"... and keep moving on."</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 am 

Allow me from the perspective of a new commer to wish the Gneral the best of luck. He certainly made me feel welcome.

Captain Elkin
1/3/VIII/AoS

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns