American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:22 pm 

Gentlemen,

The AoP had a good month in Janaury, completing 17 battles against our southern opponents, with 8 victories against 3 defeats for the month while having 6 drawn battles.

Col. Roger Metcalf won a major victory at Shiloh and has earned the Shiloh Battlefield Ribbon.

<center>Image</center>

The AoP webpages have been updated with the latest OBD levels and the monthly report posted.

It appears to me we have a lot to celebrate so I'm buying the first round.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:10 pm 

Thanks for the drinks General, and grats on the major victory Colonel.
(puffs out chest) I posted one of the draws. No no. Save your applause. It was nothing.

General Don Golen

I Corps /Army of the Potomac
"The Iron Corp"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 am 

Congrats to everyone!

General Jeff Laub
Eastern Theater, Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 am 

Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce the newest member of the AoP, Lt. Tim Delaney has just arrived from the Acadeny and will be assigned to command the 4th Brigade in the Militia Division under Gen Oakford.

Lt. Delaney, I normally buy the first round to get things started when a new officer arrives. After that it is customary for the new officer to buy a round.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am 
Welcome Lt. Delaney, and good hunting.

MG D. Groce
Commander
V Corps AoP
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 am 

Welcome to the best army in the club Eltee, good luck.

General Don Golen

"The Iron Corp"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

I noticed that you have a couple of new lieutenants running around the tavern. I thought I might introduce myself and recruit them for a special mission, if that is acceptable.

Lieutenants Johnson and Delaney, I offer my congratulations on your commissions into the Yankee Army! They are in need of all the help they can get, and I admire your dedication to a losing cause [:D]

I am Colonel Neal Hebert, Adjutant to the Commandant of the Vicksburg Military Institute. My primary mission as adjutant is coordinating a competition called the "Lieutenant's Cup", in addition to whatever taskings are directed. My counterpart with the Yankee Army is Lieutenant Colonel Mark van der Hagen, however he is frequently called away from his office for special missions and I've intercepted no communications from him recently.

The Lieutenant's Cup is designed to introduce new members of the ACWGC to their peers from the opposing army in arranged battles, and is open to Lieutenants and Captains from both armies. It is hoped that these battles will result in lasting friendships and gaming opportunities for all of the participants as well as getting them involved in the club as quickly as possible.

To add a little rivalry to the challenge the competition is split into quarters, and at the end of each quarter the army with the highest tally of points takes possession of the "Loving Cup". The Loving Cup currently resides at the VMI Headquarters as our junior officers were victorious in the 4th Quarter of 2009 (as well as the 3rd Quarter).

Gentlemen, I have a waiting list of Confederate lieutenants waiting for an opponent. I pray you will consider participating and have advised my sentries to expect riders from each of your commands. I can be reached at nealjhebert at yahoo dot com

Mr regards

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am 

Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to announce the promotion of Major Steve Beno to Lt. Colonel. Although the official ceremony will not be until the next AoP Parade I wanted to congratulate Lt.Col. Beno. Well done sir.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>
<br />Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to announce the promotion of Major Steve Beno to Lt. Colonel. Although the official ceremony will not be until the next AoP Parade I wanted to congratulate Lt.Col. Beno. Well done sir.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Indeed! Well done sir!

General Don Golen

"The Iron Corp"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:05 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>
<br />Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce the newest member of the AoP, Lt. Tim Delaney <snip>Lt. Delaney, I normally buy the first round to get things started when a new officer arrives. After that it is customary for the new officer to buy a round.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

[<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thank you General for the introduction & welcoming round, and apologies for my tardy reply. I've been afield on private reconnaissance, you might say, and slow to register for the forums. I'm very happy to buy the next round(s), even on a paltry Lt's pay. As they say, there's no better way to polish brass than with alcohol! [:D]

Tim Delaney
AoP, II Corps, 3 Division, 4th Brigade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 am 

<br />Gentlemen,

Congratulations, Colonel! You have turned those oak leaves into silver, now you can exchange them for birds.

<center>Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
[url="http://www.acwgc-usa.org/"]Image[/url]
<i>"... and keep moving on."</i>
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:54 pm 
General Miller,
Ken,

I believe in the days of old that there used to be a Steve Beno who was in the Confederate Army... [?]

Are you using voodoo and turning dead Rebs to zombies and putting them into the Union Army? I tell you that's totally unethical, Sir! I must protest! [;)]

Of course, maybe I'm remembering Steve from my days in the Union Army... but I know there has been a Steve Beno in the Club before!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm 

Gen Hulinsky,
Roger,

I don't know if this is just coincidence or if another misguided southerner has seen the light and joined the good guys. [;)]
We'll have to ask Lt.Col Beno to address that question.

However I recall there was a wailing and knashing of teeth when I joined the club. A lot of rebs thought Lt.Gen. Ken Miller, AoA commander at the time, was switching sides on them.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:28 pm 

General Miller <salute>

Sir. There's always alot of wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from our misguided former countrymen...it's one of their more potent weapons! ;)

If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.
- General Phil Sheridan

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:13 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />General Miller,
Ken,

I believe in the days of old that there used to be a Steve Beno who was in the Confederate Army... [?]

That is me, um...he is I, er...I am what I am (goo goo ga goob)[;)]

A reformed rebel.

Must of been knocked on the head, cause one day I came to and realized I was fighting for the wrong side. Philosophical issues aside, I needed better coffee.

Beyond that my mother had relatives that fought in Illinois regiments and my father had relatives recruited from Eau Claire, Wisconsin.(though none in the Iron Brigade). And I really needed better coffee.

I must say it's nice to be missed and they are a fine (though misguided) group of men.[:)]

Coffee's on me gentlemen.

Lite Col. Beno
5/2/I AoP
USA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next