American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:20 am 
Lt Colonel Beno,
Steve,

Well... welcome back, Sir! (I think!) [;)]

I knew you'd been in one of my commands at some time in the past but the older I get... the foggier my memory is so I wasn't sure which one it was. I started out in the Union camp... so if we consider that the Union Army got you and the Confederate Army got me... we <b>KNOW</b> the Union surely got the better end of the deal! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:00 am 
General Miller,
Ken,

Sir... do you know how much I hate vermin? I hate those pesky varmints that spread disease and such! Nasty! It really makes my blood boil when I see them. Low down, filthy, gutter crawlers! And snakes are just as bad.

General Miller... I know you have to put up with all sorts of vermin as an Army Cmdr in the Union Camp but you do a really good job keeping them cleaned up and under control. But Sir... you've got some nasty vermin that have escaped your notice. Yea... some real copperheads... of the two headed variety. Real freaks of nature. If I was the physician that brought them into the world... I'd have chopped them into little pieces before they ever saw the light of day.

Well... to who am I referring? Well, it's those low down and dirty twins of sin... those forked tongue belly crawlers... who have brought dishonor and shame upon the good Southern name of Hovey!

<center>Image</center>

Yes, Sir... you know who I'm talking about... it's Lt Colonel Bob Hovey (AoP) and Lt Colonel Robert Hovey (AoT). Eternally joined in their wicked ways they foul the air we breath and the ground we walk upon. You tell them boys they better crawl under a rock and hide their beady little eyes... cause if I ever seen them out in the light of day I'm going to chop them into little pieces and feed them to Nicodemus... Colonel Neal Hebert's pet gator!

You tell Bob & Robert that a fine outstanding Son of the South sent me... the esteemed Colonel Allan Hovey, CSA! [;)] <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm 

General Hulinsky Sir, with all due respect, the Johnny that you speak of “the esteemed Colonel Allan Hoveyâ€

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:21 pm 

Gents I will not have ill spoken of my fine Chief of Staff. It is only recently he confided in me the fact that he had some family members afflicted with a severe case of unionism. He has paid a considerable sum out of his own pocket to help treat their disease, but without success. I say well done for being such a caring soul. I had the unfortunate job of telling this fine man that the outcome of unionism is usually fatal [xx(] So I say hooray for Colonel Hovey - a fine officer and Southern Gentleman <salute>

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 am 
General Miller,
Ken,

Colonel Allan Hovey and I are taking care of that varmint problem that you had. Whew! I'll feel so much better stopping by the AoP HQ and visiting my old friend Major General Amos now... [;)]

But Ken... I wouldn't be expecting Lt Colonel Bob Hovey to be Mustering In this month... [:(]

<center><b><font size="6">R.I.P.</font id="size6"></b></center>

<center>Image</center>

We have gathered here today to bear witness to the horrible consequences of mental illness and Unionism taken to extreme. Two proud Sons of the South... Lt Colonel Bob Hovey and Lt Colonel Robert Hovey... born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina to some of the finest parents of noble blood were sadly infected by the lies of the Northern Papers. Despite every effort to bring them to their senses... they had to be put down like the rabid dogs that they had become. This is truly a sad day for the Hovey family and I extend my sympathies to the entire family. [:(]

All right boys... there's no need to bury the remains... the birds will be along soon enough! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:10 am 
Lt Colonels Hovey,
Bob & Robert,

Good morning, gentlemen! <salute>

I have bore witness to some foul goings on at the AoP HQ at the MDT and I thought that I would approach you personally to see if we might resolve our difficulties in person. I mean after all... that is what fine Southern gentlemen do, isn't it? Or have you entirely forgotten your rich South Carolina heritage?

I was approach by your brother and uncle... Colonel Allan Hovey a most respectable gentleman and loving family member... and he explained to me that you had been brainwashed by the Union camp and he has expressed great concern for your welfare. I am wondering if you might come to you senses and renounce your Union sympathies and come back to South Carolina to you beloved parents and grandparents? They also are greatly concerned about you. You can relax on the porch of the Hovey Plantation House and drink sweet tea and eat fried chicken and watermellon... while the warm Southern sun melts away the filth that has taken such a strong hold on your weak minds and bodies. What say you, gentlemen? Doesn't that sound nice? And once you've recovered fully... if you wish to return to active military service I can make sure you are assigned the the glorious Army of the Alabama and the mighty Army of the Mississippi!

Please let me know when I can send the carriage for you and your belongings... so that you might take the next train south to the beautiful Carolina's.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:13 am 
To: Roger Hulinsky <husker6101@yahoo.com>; Robert USA Hovey AoT <rehovey@>
Sent: Sat, March 13, 2010 12:09:57 PM
Subject: RE: Renounce your Northern Sympathies and Rejoin the Confederate Cause

General Hulinsky Sir, Esteemed and Mighty Defender of the South,

I respect your loyalty and kindness, but we have soiled ourselves greatly with Unionism and will have to decline so as not to bring corruption to our native soil. The north treats us as the trash that we are as we receive the refuse of the local cattle to smear upon ourselves, only the freshest and smelliest sources are used and we find it to be a wonderful repellent as all these ugly, snaggly toothed women in the north. Please do not try to tempt me with these tall tales... errr... I mean wonderful stories of forgiveness and redemption that can be found next to the fire and hearth of our Southern Country home. The sad wrecks of the North have made us all very well aware of the wonderful conditions down south, the high levels of education, exceptional personal hygiene and beautiful women with pretty teeth that look like two rows of the finest pearls available.

I can clearly understand why you would want us to join you and try to regain some of our former classiness we once possessed in the South, but I and Robert will have to decline. If you were to offer again I would have to cut my throat out of respect for the Southern pride I once held so dear.

So please General Hulinsky, don't point your rifle at me or make me crawl back to the South to rejoin my Uncle Allan Hovey.

Lt. Colonel Bob Hovey
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:30 am 
Re: Renounce your Northern Sympathies and Rejoin the Confederate Cause
To: Bob Hovey <rhovey@>; Robert USA Hovey AoT <rehovey@>

Lt Colonel Hovey,
Bob,

Sir... I made a promise to bring you back home to your grandmomma... willingly or unwillingly! So there is really nothing you can do about it! I recommend you pack your bags <b>IMMEDIATELY</b>!

Should you decide to refuse... which you won't... because it would be the most inadviseable (an unintelligent) thing you could possibly do... I shall put you over my knee and spank you with a switch until you <i>bawl</i> for mercy.

I await your <u>FINAL REPLY</u> but be very careful that <b>YOU DON'T</b> insult my fine Southern sensibilities.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 am 

Such brazeness, brass and bumptiousness I've ever heard! and on the AoP post! Roger - and the whole southern clan, for that is what you are after all the inbreeding- you have sunk to new lows in your attempts to smoothtalk, intimidate,cajole and hound our esteemed officers to debauche themselves in so-called Southern pride. Is this what you have to resort to, to get fine officers for your mis-guided attempts to win the war? SHAME ON THE CONFEDERACY! Pitiful![:0]

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:35 pm 

Pumba...

You guys are getting desperate eh?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />Re: Renounce your Northern Sympathies and Rejoin the Confederate Cause
To: Bob Hovey <rhovey@>; Robert USA Hovey AoT <rehovey@>

Lt Colonel Hovey,
Bob,

Sir... I made a promise to bring you back home to your grandmomma... willingly or unwillingly! So there is really nothing you can do about it! I recommend you pack your bags <b>IMMEDIATELY</b>!

Should you decide to refuse... which you won't... because it would be the most inadviseable (an unintelligent) thing you could possibly do... I shall put you over my knee and spank you with a switch until you <i>bawl</i> for mercy.

I await your <u>FINAL REPLY</u> but be very careful that <b>YOU DON'T</b> insult my fine Southern sensibilities.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lt. General Thompson
XIX Corps,
Army of the Shenandoah

"That's damn ungenerous! I shall take those guns for that!"

-General Phil Sheridan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:44 am 
Gents,

LOL! Yea... we are setting new <b>HIGH</b>'s in our Southern Audacity, are we not? [;)]

It's all in good fun. Allan Hovey has two relatives... a brother and a nephew in the Union Camp and so we figured we'd jab them a bit and play a multiplayer game between the four of us. It seems it's a highly competitive family and the Northern Hovey's have held the advantage for awhile. Of course, they were playing 2on1 so it's no wonder they got lucky and came away with the victory. So we are balancing out the scales a bit... two Yank Lt Colonels versus a Reb Colonel and a Reb General. I guess that's not real balanced... it should be an easy win for the Confederacy even if I do promise to play blindfolded and with my hands tied behind my back. But hey... it'll be a growing experience for the Northern Hovey's! [:D]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 am 

I figured, General Hulinsky but I thought I would have some fun with it. It should be a good game. Brother against brother -sounds like the real Civil war.[:D]

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:23 am 

Details of the game are getting hammered out in the Union tent. We will be getting back with you shortly so we can end this family feud once and for all.

Lt. Colonel Bob Hovey
Army of the Potomac, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 am 

The gray bearded union general walks thru the tavern door followed by a young lieutenant and a squad of cavalry troopers each carrying a small barrel. As the troopers march behind the bar the general scowls, turns to his aide and says, "You know lieutenant our stock of captured rebel whiskey is getting low, we're gonna have to do something about that very soon." The lieutenant replies, "Well general you do have that scrap with General Hulinsky coming up, he's usually good for a wagonload or two.". "Right you are lieutenant, with all the excitement lately I'd almost forgotten about that fight." the general replies as the smile returns to his face.

Turning to face the barroom the general begins, "Gentlemen my apologies for being late and missing the AoP Parade, some pressing personal business."

"First off OBD awards have been made and the AoP webpages have been updated.

For those of you who missed the previous introductions I'd like to once again introduce 1st Lt. Mark Johnson and 1st Lt. Tim Delaney who joined the AoP last month.

At this time I'd like to congratulate Lt.Gen. McBride who was awarded the Antietam 'Gaps to Manassas Ribbon' for his Major Victory on that battlefield."

<center>Image</center>

"and Brig.Gen. Sandy O'Neil who was awarded the 'Wilderness'63' Ribbon for his Major Victory."

<center>Image</center>

"Now I'm sure all of you noticed the kegs being deliverd by my troopers. Well not only does the AoP have ample reason to celebrate I have a very personal reason for celebrating today, and it will explain my late arrival. Yesterday my daughter-in-law presented my son with a baby boy and my wife and I with our first grandchild, I give you Joseph R. Miller

<center>Image</center>

He may not look like much now but give him a few years and he'll be whipping rebs like his grandpa in no time.

So drink up gentlemen, the whiskey and the cigars are on me.[:D]

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:46 am 

Congratulations! The name certainly has a ring to it. It would go well with "Lieutenant General" or something in front. [^]

<center>Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
[url="http://www.acwgc-usa.org/"]Image[/url]
<i>"... and keep moving on."</i>
</center>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next