American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scenario Design Center
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:03 pm 

I want to take a second to reintroduce the site; this is in fact the same site that was ably run for so many years by Rich Hamilton.

Edited to add in the url: http://www.hist-sdc.com

Now I fully understand that I am a relatively unknown quantity, for the most part, here at ACWGC. A few of the guys know me from playing the odd match and the occasional post here and there.

What this means for the club: I want to offer Scenario Design Center's services to the ACWGC.

I am getting together a club page, which is over and above Rich's original Opponent Finder page:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/hps/opponents.htm

I know that this site is currently listed in many places on that page, but I want to offer the club the opportunity to write up a sales pitch for posting on the site.

At this point I haven't actually been around to every club site that I am even remotely involved with (technically this is the first formal posting on this subject); but I will be and I am wanting to help you guys out by allowing you in your own words, to sell future users on your club (or I suppose maybe even a designated pitch person from each side of the field would work, as it sort of fits the format of this club as best as I can tell). If interested in that, please get in touch with me either via pm or email on the page here.

Now on another note, I know that one of the most popular things guys like to do is speculate on when new HPS stuff is coming out. Well I can't really do that anymore as I am a little too close to the subject at times; but that isn't really that important... what *is* important, is that Scenario Design Center is on the press release list for HPS, *and* I am in Australia- the significance being that HPS releases its new titles on the first Friday of a month, and that when a release is scheduled- you are going to find info on it posted on Scenario Design Center first (barring an ISP glitch on my end -and it can happen :/ ...).

I don't mean this to be remedial geography or anything, but what with the timezones and all, (and assuming I try to get things uploaded by 00:01 my time ... that translates into 8 AM *Thursday* on the East coast of the US ... or 1 PM *Thursday* for most of western Europe and an hour earlier for the UK.

I fully understand that the site is always evolving. I am working on another home page of a similar format but with a little more info. And the site is always looking to add material.

With all that being said, I look forward to continuing on the great relationship that Rich has had with the club with regards to SDC.

~Steve Trauth (Yes I know this was mostly cut and paste and a bit of editing -- but, I couldn't do an entirely unique one for each site as much as I would have wanted to :).

LtC Stephen Trauth
AOT
XV Corps/3rd Division [1st Cavalry] 2nd Cavalry Brigade

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:56 pm 

All right I see maybe I need to be a little more specific in what I am talking about.

Currently the only material I have on this club is this page here:
http://www.hist-sdc.com/bookshelf/acwgc-bg.html
written some time ago.

While I would prefer to represent the club as accurately as possible, barring any additional input, this is what I have to go with.

I'll give the club (or even a side -or preferably both) the opportunity to designate a rewrite to update things if they like. Its a standing offer.

Steve

LtC Stephen Trauth
AOT
XV Corps/3rd Division [1st Cavalry] 2nd Cavalry Brigade

Profile Send private message